Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 4:13 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 26th Mar 2019 at 6:29 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim won't eat
Can't say what set this off, but my Sim won't eat. She just chomps her food and pounds on her chest to belch. She only does this while at the table eating. Not when stuffing face or eating a snack like potato chips. She is also asking for my help to get her to eat and her hunger bar won't go up.

I did find a previous thread about this problem here http://modthesims.info/t/577767 This seems to be my problem and I then followed the LeeFish link and read his resolution to the problem here http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/post-6782.html . I am in no way fluent in SimPE and it does not give a better explanation as to how to access the Sims memory. Can someone please write the description of each step here to help me access the Sim? I tried the Sim Browser and Sim Surgery in SimPE and it tells me "This is not an appropriate context to use this tool". Thank you for your help.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:19 PM
Shouldn't no sim loaded have taken care of the tokens?

@suzymarie64 This is one of the essential mods, so I am assuming you don't have it? Make sure to download it + Smarter EP check. If you do have it and it isn't working, try moving where you have it installed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 11:36 PM
Thank you. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can cure her. It's actually kind of funny because her roomie was standing on her side and she did the stinky nose gesture while she was belching lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 4:36 AM
Memory manipulator did not work. I also tried the bat box and....nope. Does anyone know how to fix it in SimPE and share the detailed directions on how to do it?
Alchemist
#6 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:21 PM
After some googling, I discovered that memories are stored in the Neighborhood, not in the individual Character file.

There's an old tutorial: http://modthesims.info/t/228915. Might be what you need?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 11:29 PM
@aelflaed Thank you very much, this is what I was looking for. Hopefully I can save her or she will die of hunger lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:32 PM
Solved the problem, and might help someone else who this happens to. It seems it had nothing to do with memory. I turned on the testing cheats and checked out her biology. I noticed that the personality for neat and slobby had no bars. When I bumped up the bars she began to eat again.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:58 PM
Personality shouldn't have affected her ability to eat. I have sims with no points in Sloppy/Neat and they have no trouble eating.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM
@RoxEllen1965 Looks like it did. I even had her sitting at the table with food in front of her, she was still belching and chewing but no eating, as soon as I increased the neatness, she jerked and started eating.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 12:15 AM
Just curious, when you created her...if you did, did you gave her point/bars in Sloppy-Neat?
As RoxEllen said, personality should not affect if a sim eats or not, but if she got borked along the way and lost the initial personality points you gave her well..anything is possible then. You never know how a glitch or bug will show itself.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 12:31 AM
@Rosebine Yes, I made her half Sloppy Neat. Don't know when she lost it all, it is strange. If something else did fix it, can't tell how, I only can tell you what I saw. Before she was fixed, I also noticed that when she made her food stirring it in a bowl, the food would fly out of the bowl, like being sloppy, now she does not.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 1:44 AM
It seems that whatever happebed to that sim, it affected her personality. You set it back, and now she is fixed. or it looks like it anyway! Good. Now though, it would be useful to know why she glitched. I think you also downloaded some anti-corruption mods? Let's hope it does not happen again.

Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 3:01 AM
@Rosebine That would be the question. I could try to put down her sloppy personality again and see if it happens. I'll let you know. It seemed like she was caught in a loop of sloppiness.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 3:06 AM
Something tells me that if done on purpose, it won't harm anything. It is like using the randomize option on the Sim blender or else. Not the result of a glitch.

Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 5:05 AM
I use Sim Manipulator and that is possible. But don't recall randomizing anything. But it's solved.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 9:18 AM
It wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes weird things just happen with this game and nobody's really sure why or why they suddenly get fixed. I'm glad your sim is functioning properly now.