Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 8:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mesh flashing blue
I haven't seen this problem being solved or discussed while doing a quick research, but I will be really grateful if someone will redirect me on thread that had the same problem.

So I installed a lot of cc, of course, without double checking before playing (because I'm lazy tbh). And i have a lot of broken cc, this one is just the littlest example but it bothers me more than anything else. I even did not save my game after I saw this.

The point is: It was an accessory like a bangs on the forehead but put in 'glasses' category. I honestly don't remember the author or the name of the cc that I'm complaining about right now.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 8:47 AM
Flashing blue accessories usually means there's a mismatch between the subset names in the mesh file (GMND/SHPE resources) and in the MeshOverlay resource in the recolor files.

If it's just a missing "lens" group, this is how to fix it:
https://modthesims.info/t/283059

Occasionally the issue can be a bit more complicated to fix, but more often than not it is a variation of this problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Flashing blue accessories usually means there's a mismatch between the subset names in the mesh file (GMND/SHPE resources) and in the MeshOverlay resource in the recolor files.

If it's just a missing "lens" group, this is how to fix it:
https://modthesims.info/t/283059

Occasionally the issue can be a bit more complicated to fix, but more often than not it is a variation of this problem.

Well... It didn't work. Maybe it's because I am really stupid, but....meh, just then gonna delete this cc after I find the alternative for this. Still - thank you for redirecting me to the thread
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:39 PM
If you have the files, I could take a look at them to see what the problem is. Usually it's fixable. Like I said, the tutorial doesn't always work if there's something iffy with the subset names.

Also, after fixing it, you'll need to delete the cache files (accessory/groups.cache)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you have the files, I could take a look at them to see what the problem is. Usually it's fixable. Like I said, the tutorial doesn't always work if there's something iffy with the subset names.

Also, after fixing it, you'll need to delete the cache files (accessory/groups.cache)

Well, my RPC launcher clears the cache, so it's not going to be the problem, but I'm still concern what am I doing wrong. (I don't really know how to pin files here, so I apologise for a direct link. This is where I got this cc: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ek6...7s+naturals.rar )
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 12:05 AM
Looks like the meshes are missing the "rim" group, too. It's the same process, but name the placeholder group "rim", so there are "rim", "lens" and "frame" groups in the GMDC.

The other resources and the recolors should be fine as long as this gets fixed.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 2:26 PM
I have that fringe. 'Fix flashing blue ...' on the batbox fixes it for a session.