Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#51 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 7:44 PM
Figgi, my pc doesn't meet the requirements all except for maybe my RAM, and Spore runs fine for me, just occasionally I'll have to pause and wait for creatures to load as they are sometimes invisible.
My Specs:
1.5ghz AMD Athlon XP 1800+
GeforceFX 5500
2GB RAM
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 4:39 PM
Okay, thanks. I think Spore needs 2.0Ghz and I have 1.7, but if it works fine for you at 1.5 I think I will buy it after all (when I next get paid lol). My graphics card is more than 2x what I need to play the Sims, so that should balence it out, right?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 5:03 PM
Spore is relatively low-demand compared to TS2. Runs a lot better for me than TS2 with all EPs. But if you buy a game where you don't meet/exceed the specs, you can't expect it to work. You can hope it works - you can even be reasonably sure it probably will work, but there's no guarantees.

Spore's also painfully crippled by its lack of EPs. More so than Sims 1 or Sims 2 base game ever were. I haven't played it in weeks and I should just uninstall it to free up the space. Spore's requirements will undoubtedly increase with EPs. Whether or not you want to get those EPs is up to you - I won't be buying them because I feel like I got completely ripped off with the base game which plays like it was made for 10 year olds. But be aware that if you DO get Spore and you want it to be fun for more than a day or so, you'll need to get those EPs when they come out, and those will require more computing power.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 9:33 PM
I'm in the Space stage now, and I've done the mission with the broken space ship and went to the other galaxy to the spaceship's home planet and now I have to come home to complete the mission. The problem is that even though the communication thing keeps blinking and making noises, nothing happens when I click on it, so I can't advance in the game. Is it a glitch or am I missing something really obvious?

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Scholar
#55 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:52 PM
Hoping to give this thread CPR, I has a question.

Do the Grox auto-target the weakest ship in your fleet? I always take a ship from the most powerful empires I can get in contact with, and it seems like the least strongest one is always targeted and killed in a few seconds, which damages my relationship with that empire. I mean, I know they'd die first if the grox targeted everyone equally, but they target ONLY the weak ships.
Am I delusional or does this have any validity?

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... what... the hell... are those?!

You've probably already established this by now, but I thought I might just put my input in after the guy saying they were "hiding creatures"...

Apparently (not fact, I have just established this over various sources) they are the "eggs" of the "next generation" of creatures. Apparently sometimes Spore feels the need to make a higher health creature after your brain expands. It doesn't always happen, but it's usually when your brain expands while a new nest is forming and you've just gotten a brain-up.

I found that very interesting, and thought I might mention it, as they are such enigmatic little sacs.
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 7:04 AM
hey do any off u know how u get your floors really shiny on the sims2 so tht u can see your sims furniture in it ?
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#58 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 4:10 AM
You can't play The Sims 2 in Spore.

Please keep posts on topic. Thanks.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Banned
#59 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 9:27 PM
I think I have the dumbest question

what is spore?
retired moderator
#60 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
what is spore?
Let me Google that for you.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:07 PM
a weird idea
i love spore, and my favorite thing to do is terraform and paint planets, plus give the colonies the right buildings to make the planets thematic. I have a lot of wildlife sanctuaries, each with a kind of different fantastical type of zoo theme (a greek mythology creature planet, for example). when you create a wildlife sanctuary, you shoot the "sanctuary" enabling building onto the planet. I would love if that building were customizeable like the city hall, house, entertainment, or factory buildings.

IDEA: I would love it more if there could be a tool (perhaps in an EP) that could shoot down random decor objects onto planets like ruins or temples or graves or other random features.

that's not a request. i haven't seen that many spore mods out at all. that's just food for thought because sometimes I hate to wonder exactly where this game is going at all.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 8:11 AM
Okay, so I have a question. Is there ANY way to get allied quicker in Tribal? I mean, I have all three instruments, and perform correctly, but I can NEVER ally. It gets maybe 6 millimeters from Allying, and the performance ends.
Alchemist
#63 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
Okay, so I have a question. Is there ANY way to get allied quicker in Tribal? I mean, I have all three instruments, and perform correctly, but I can NEVER ally. It gets maybe 6 millimeters from Allying, and the performance ends.

just kill them. :D

*perfect for the tribal stage.* heh heh heh.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#64 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 2:08 PM
Do you think we will see an EP for Spore... ever again?

I was kinda hoping for underwater creature/tribal/civ... but I guess the product isn't doing well enough to warrant the expense.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#65 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:38 PM
Yeah, I don't think EA is looking to milk the Spore franchise much further.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#66 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:22 PM
@Rikachu Usually if you give your tribe members an even amount of musical items, things go smoother. Also try doing the fireworks ability, or giving them a gift before you serenade them, if you manage to succeed with a temporarly boost (say from yellow to blue) when you successfully serenade them you gain two permenant levels. So you can go from yellow to (blue? is that the max?) in one move.

@Pare They usually go after whats closest to them, and when charging head on, in my experience, they tend to favor your right wingman.

@blackivy If I understand your problem correctly, you just need to follow the "beacon" till it's under you.
Alchemist
#67 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 4:20 AM
This poor, li'l forgotten game. I just played it a bit ago. It's very cute!

Page 3 of 3