Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:05 PM
So glad to see you are working on the world again... Even if it is a very different version. Looking at the pictures it looks great. Very glad to hear the lots are larger. I find it hard to have a horse on anything less than 20x30 especially if I want a garden too. But having tested the old version before and after Late Night, I can understand some peoples attachment to the old map and layout.

I have yet to down load and test as I don't have a 4share acct. Says I need one to download. Is that true or am i doing something wrong?

Just some of my thoughts about CC, as someone who would probably down load this world:

1. I would agree with limiting CC, as you said CC can get messed up by expansions (Late NIght and Pets), and creators can retire. Also much cc does not list the poly count and I suspect some is really high. It can always be added by the player. Plus that lets people use the cc they like and poly counts their system can handle. I have used a lot of Luna Sims items but do wonder about the poly count on those.

2. Clothing conversions from Sim medieval have some issues. I have them in my game. The shoe texture transfers to certain area of the clothes.. solved by putting sims in bare feet. Some lack morphs and the hats require additional sliders.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:40 PM
Try deleting the three w (www.4shared...) and write instead m (m.4shared...). It works for me
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MichelleBrujah
Try deleting the three w (www.4shared...) and write instead m (m.4shared...). It works for me

tried it but still said i had to login in to download. Thanks for the suggestion
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 1:38 PM
Good to see you back!!!

Much like the earlier one, this neighborhood just blew me away!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:26 PM
Where can I find LS3T's Roof Set? I have everything else so don't want to use the merged package and cause duplicates. Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 6:45 AM
http://simspilar39mx.blogspot.ca/20...ejados.html?m=1

It's only the wood tile and grass (paja) roofs that I'm using.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:16 AM
You need people to furnish houses?! Have I read this wrong or have my dreams come true?! I ADORE this world, and I want to live there... and furnish ALL the houses ahahaha :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 8:32 AM Last edited by quinn55 : 15th Oct 2012 at 8:19 PM.
Love this world! Having trouble downloading it though. I don't seem to have a packages file to put the CC into. I unzipped the file into my downloads file but it doesn't show up in game still.
Scholar
#34 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quinn55
Love this world! Having trouble downloading it though. I don't seem to have a packages file to put the CC into. I unzipped the file into my downloads file but it doesn't show up in game still.

Read here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:15 PM
Thanks Got the world installed and loving it! The only thing I've noticed so far is one of the bridges when I get too close looks like it has huge holes down the side of it. I will try and get pictures of it next time I'm in the game and then the edges of the map don't blend off well but everything else so far is working great. The game has crashed a few times but it does that in my game anytime I am playing a larger world or a big family so probably my problem and not an issue with the actual world. I've been decorating some of the lots whenever my guy goes somewhere and I really like the buildings a lot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 2:24 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 14th Nov 2012 at 3:12 AM.
Default New Version Out!
Changes:
  • Terrain, routing is finished
  • More buildings partially finished, some buildings rebuilt
  • Snazzy new pictures!

More notes and new download link (no sign-up needed) listed on first page. I need your help to finish this city!
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 3:03 PM
I'm going to start decorating a bunch of lots before I move my sims into the world. Than I'll just kind of non-chalantly see if I can get my lot into the real version (assuming I like any of my decorated creations) is that fine?
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:55 PM
I am also willing to help although not sure what to do. If I understand correctly, you want insides of houses furnished using EA stuff and Merry Makers medieval downloads from MTS2. Should we just decorate and then post pictures here? Won't there be some redundancy without a sign up page? I don't care as like Ribbleripple, I plan to do this for my own game but not sure it will help you that much if we all decorate the same houses.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:52 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 18th Nov 2012 at 12:05 AM.
Quoted from 2nd post on first page... (box at bottom of that post)

------
Building for this World
The best way to build is to find/create a source which can be copied from (hence the reason for things like concept art). As such, a References file has been included if you want some easy-source inspiration. If you want to build for this word, make sure you have the necessary CC, and post a request in the thread for a sector or lot. Allocation is based on a first-come-first serve basis! After finishing your lot(s), upload it so that I can put it into the world! Allocation is based on blocks- you'll be building and decorating an entire district. You may also choose a single lot, though this will help far less. Builders shall be immortalized in this world for all to see!

Generally...
http://nationalpostlife.files.wordp...ation-large.jpg

Chimney in the middle (for the best spread of heat)
Stairs are located beside chimney
Storage, kitchen (if there's no room) in basement
Store/foyer, kitchen + hall (if there's room) on 1st floor
Hall, Parlour + Offices, bedrooms on 2nd
Bedrooms on 3rd
A few already-built examples are in the world!
Ideal costs: Upper-class districts- Over $100,000; Middle-class- $30,000- $70,000; Lower-class- Under $20,000- $30,000

Please correspond with this thread to see which lots have been taken! (in answer to question about which lots are taken)

http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t937-the...-s-get-building
----

Hope that helps answer the question.

I have downloaded the world. Looking it over and playing with a few lots. Testing horses on them, etc.
edit: (i.e. getting a feel for the world seeing IF I think I can contribute in any way.) Hoping you get some "real" builders signed on. I have never uploaded anything and your stuff is amazing! Since it is the city that needs work.. I will play with a few houses and see if I can do anything shareable I build as I play and develop the story not build first and play second..So this is backwards for me but still IF I end up with something good will upload it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:42 PM
I just need people to build, and furnish houses. Ideally, it would work like this:

1. People build.
2. Upload to Mediafire, Rapidshare, or any other filesharing site.
3. I download it and place it in the word. This means that things can be done a lot faster!

Just make a note of which lots you want to furnish, so that others choosing lots won't end up doing the same thing.

Of note:
The city needs lots of work! I've been working on the countryside for the last while, meaning that the Mahlsberg and Tovar areas are completely finished in my version of the world, excluding the Manor houses. Lughaven has been rebuilt as ruins, to better fit the idea of bandits runnng amok.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 12:14 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 30th Nov 2012 at 9:28 PM.
so--- am i understanding correctly

Mahlsberg - done

Tovar - done

Lughaven - done

Manor houses -- still needed

Tournament fields -- ? (ANSWERED: Still up for grabs: see post below )

City - big need to finish off houses (The shell as mostly there... just need finished off)

Monastery - ? (ANSWERED: Still up for grabs) (I am working n Monastery lots )

edited: to add answers
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 12:24 AM
I did go to the link and no one had posted what they were finishing so that is why I was not sure what to do. I guess that means that nothing is taken yet. I will look over the city lots this weekend and post which ones I can work on. I am a 'real' builder, even though I haven't uploaded and have plenty of medieval stuff already done for my own game (as well as building for Mimosa). Would love to help out if possible.

Thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 2:30 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 18th Nov 2012 at 3:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lowrisim
so--- am i understanding correctly

Mahlsberg - done

Tovar - done

Lughaven - done

Manor houses -- still needed

Tournament fields -- ?

City - big need to finish off houses (looks as if the shell as mostly there... just need finished off)

Monastery - ?

You are right on all accounts. The tournament fields along with the main square are intended to be Seasons-friendly, being empty at some times of the year and hosting fairs at others. That means that a simple base needs to be created, with additional Seasons lots included in the download. These lots along with the Monastery are not finished yet and are up for grabs. The city itself is largely finished up as decorated and undecorated shells, needing only interiors and furnishing, plus more secretive things like cellars and underground passages. A further note would be that I'm aiming for the city to be 'finished' (all buildings built) by Christmas, since I have very limited time to work on this next year. Families are still to be added, but those are far less stressful than building.

Quote: Originally posted by rian90
I did go to the link and no one had posted what they were finishing so that is why I was not sure what to do. I guess that means that nothing is taken yet. I will look over the city lots this weekend and post which ones I can work on. I am a 'real' builder, even though I haven't uploaded and have plenty of medieval stuff already done for my own game (as well as building for Mimosa). Would love to help out if possible.

Thanks.

Sounds great

The difference between this world and other medieval worlds is that we're really aiming for a loose degree of historical accuracy (get the basics right) that'll be mixed in with some unavoidable anarchronisms and fantasy (in other terms, it'll be historical with a touch of the fantastic and inprobable), As I stated in the SimsCC forum:
Quote:
The world is not explicitly located in one area, instead drawing from multiple European sources of inspiration in order to create a slightly more fantastical world much like the France, China and Egypt in the Sims. The world also draws lightly from the Sims Medieval universe, mainly in the form of the religions (though clothing and hair is another more explicit choice!).
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 6:15 AM Last edited by lowrisim : 18th Nov 2012 at 4:21 PM.
What EP packs can be used in World?

Monastery Gate house: Can not put in spiral stairs from ground floor to first floor, or from first to second (says ceiling is too low. Some places on first floor says can't place wall because covered by floor tile. Ground floor walls seem normal height and i can place walls... first floor and second floor (i.e tower seem just a tiny bit taller than normal height. And I can only place wall certain places. Also when looked at ground leveling... does not look like ground floor is level.

I have had this issue when building, where it does not level my ground floor. Even when I don't think I have used CFE cheats.

update Fixed: CFE 1. leveled ground floor 2. put in column. leveled first floor 3. stack column for second floor leveled second floor.
Can now put in spiral stairs and walls on all floors 4. (update) also had to replace exterior stairs after turning off CFE, so sims could use them
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 7:03 AM
Everything up to Pets.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

The difference between this world and other medieval worlds is that we're really aiming for a loose degree of historical accuracy (get the basics right) that'll be mixed in with some unavoidable anarchronisms and fantasy (in other terms, it'll be historical with a touch of the fantastic and inprobable), As I stated in the SimsCC forum:

No worries..I am big on historical accuracy. I will work on some houses today and also post some things I made in case you want them, or someone else does. I use more CC for my own stuff because I NEED more accuracy but shouldn't be a problem to let that slide. LOL I am getting tired of CC anyway these days.

So I will work on some city houses interiors. I am going to leave the 'secret tunnels' to someone else as I have not yet made or played with tombs so probably not the best one to do those. I will leave room for stairs to basements.

Just to make sure..can we use downloads from MTS? Does this include other medieval downloads or only Merry Makers downloads? What about conversions from Sims Medieval that someone posted a link to here? I assume store items are not allowed. What about patterns? Can we use patterns from here or only ones that came with the EPs?

Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:25 PM
General notes for CC- keep it from MTS3 since in the case of sites eventually going down, CC from those sites will go missing and it'll be a hassle tracking pieces down. If MTS3 goes down, everything including this world will be gone anyways so it's not so much of a problem.

The ideal would be CC for things that are absolutely needed (medieval-looking sinks, toilets, kitchens) and improvisation for everything else. Ideal CC would be content that has multiple uses throughout the world (eg. the Gothic Arch from the Cathedral Set can easily fit in both rich and poor areas AND it can be a substitute for walls. Lesser furniture like medieval chairs can be approximated using EA furniture.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:38 PM
Thanks for the info.

I have another problem. I see your lovely map that is so nicely lettered to go with the descriptions below but I don't see those letters on the descriptions. You describe south gate but there is no north/south orientation on your map. I can't figure out what houses belong to Patricians and what ones are middle class because I don't know what those nice boxed areas refer to. Could you please add a key? Could be I am missing it somehow but I searched and searched, to no avail.

I am finding it a challenge to decorate without CC but a challenge is good. Of course, that limits historical accuracy since the curtains do not look 14th century and there are no trunks or cupboards that work well for the bedrooms. But I will redecorate for my personal game.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:46 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 18th Nov 2012 at 9:21 PM.
I think the key went missing with the update of the first and second posts on page one, as I remember see one.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:48 PM
Ohhh, does anyone have it? I could really use it. I decided to wait until I get it to continue since I fear I will have to redo everything once I get the key!

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense!
Page 2 of 23