Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 4:39 AM Last edited by bcbfyk : 22nd Sep 2017 at 4:28 AM.
Default <SOLVED> "You Are Real" Default Skin Replacer not showing up in game
Hey all. I'm trying to install Buhudain's "You Are Real" skin replacer. It looks gorgeous and I'm looking forward to using it in game. The only problem is that it isn't showing up in my game. I'm confident that my mod folder is set up correctly. I don't have any other skins installed nor do I have any duplicates of the "You Are Real" skins. I have deleted all of my cache files before trying... multiple times. I haven't tried installing them as non-default skins, as I would like to beautify everybody in my neighborhood.

Does anyone have experience with making this mod work, or default skin mods work period? I feel like I'm doing everything right but something is going wrong.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:09 AM Last edited by bcbfyk : 21st Sep 2017 at 12:36 PM.
Update: I tried installing it as a non default skin as a temporary fix and that didn’t work either. Two custom skins showed up in CAS, but they were not new skins at all, just literal copies of the EA default.

Also I tried placing the skins in the Overrides folder on a whim. That didn't do anything, unsurprisingly.
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:19 PM
OK. I'll take your word for it that the Mods folder is set up properly, with a working resource.cfg in it.

Did you clear your caches before starting the game?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
OK. I'll take your word for it that the Mods folder is set up properly, with a working resource.cfg in it.

Did you clear your caches before starting the game?

I did, but that actually wasn't the issue. It turned out that the download actually just replaced the 3D map of the Sims' bodies, not the skin texture. So, this one was my bad. Always good practice to clear the caches though!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 7:30 AM
As an aside, I believe the skintone that Buhudain used in those previews (in addition to his You Are Real bump map revision) is by Navetsea - he has several skintones uploaded here on MTS .