Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#3276 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:33 AM Last edited by Primavera : 8th Jun 2018 at 9:43 AM.
I'm finally building a hospital (not really building, revamping it from a hospital I downloaded) to test Chris Hatch's mods :D. I'm excited so I'll post updates here whenever ^^

EDIT: It went according to plan :DDD. Gonna post the pics (there's a lot so be prepared):

I'm so stoked to try this again :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3277 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 8:22 AM
Randy and Judy's Anniversary party was a near disaster - Randy decided (well I decided) that he would bake a baked Alaska.. and he got burnded. Grimmy crashed the party, and Judy pleaded... and won. Close one, Judy... really close. Final Score: Good Time.
Forum Resident
#3278 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:48 PM
I've just created sims of a few of the characters of a book I've been planning for years. The characters are based off of the seven deadly sins, does anyone know what aspirations and personalities I can use?

Obviously, Lust = Romance, Greed = Fortune, and possibly Gluttony = Grilled Cheese, but...? Anyone have ideas for the others?
Mad Poster
#3279 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:32 PM
Well, Wrath is related to the Lust sim. Aspiration irrelevant...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#3280 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:02 PM
Pride=Knowledge? Due to the cliche of the "Mad Scientist" who because of their pride and overestimation of their own ability messes with things Sim is not meant to mess with?
Though Pride could also be Popularity (proud and vain)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#3281 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:08 PM
I imagine Sloth would be Pleasure--those Sims don't exactly like to work, in my experience.
Field Researcher
#3282 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 8:19 PM
Dustin Broke rolled a want to learn cosmetology randomly while in college. He practices on all the dormies (some of them really need it!). (Actually I may have other college sims work on other badges while in college, too.) Him and his gf Meadow both wanted to get engaged, but even as a family sim, her memory of getting engaged was red! We shall see how this ends...
Lab Assistant
#3283 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 9:02 PM
I just decided to start a new neighboorhood. My old royal one is starting to show signs of corruption (it is a wonder that it survived nearly 6 years so far even though I deleted sims and tombstones in the beginning). My new one is going to be inspired by Game Of Thrones a bit in that the royal family will (try to) keep their bloodline pure by only marrying within it. Currently I'm building the palace (it is already way to big but well it is supposed to be a palace). The palais for the king's brother and sister is already done. Next up is going to be the Isle for the military. Idk what I will do with the premade sims. The Ottomans may become peasants with their big bunch of kids and the orphan family (idk their English name but the one with 2 teens, 2 kids, 2 toddlers) will be split. The oldest daughter may become a servant to the King's household and her brother will join the military. Not sure about the rest of the kids yet but they will surely find a family to take care of them. Farmers always need worker.
Mad Poster
#3284 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 10:41 PM
The Hick family held a meeting of the adults. Sinjin AKA Hiram laid it on the table. "We're in trouble, guys. We can't afford a forged college transcript for me; we just can't. Tax season is coming and we are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay short. Now, I checked at work. Even with my promotion, I still don't HAVE to have a degree. We can move. We can go to one of the Worker's Provinces. I know we feel protected here because the place was abandoned for so long. That's led to some risky behavior regarding our rule about going outside. Hasn't it, kids"? The boys nod their heads. "You, too, Toyanaga and Aquamarine. Christianna told me she found ya'll outside playing yesterday. I know you were in the backyard, but you were being loud. And, oh, Christianna, you could set a good example by not going outside, yourself.

Anyway, here's what we are going to have to do. I found a house in Sunny Meadows". Voices erupt as everyone starts to talk at once. "Listen. HEY! Listen. If we move, we get a one-time pass on tax season. That's important, guys. We can't have the Big Eye looking at us. Sunny Meadows is a worker's province. I can keep my job. The house is cheaper so maybe we can get Elden's surgery and papers sooner. That means he can work and it will be easier to save money for the rest of you. The con..there's only one. The house is smaller, and it's in a busier area so NO ONE can leave the house! Do you understand? Now, go pack. Remember, only one bag each. Let's get going". The adults look at each other silently praying this works. They are out of options. This is their last hope.

Meanwhile, Surgeon Newbie has arrived at college. His burden is heavy because he knows his parents really sacrificed, almost bankrupted themselves, to send him there. He can't let them down. He is determined to buckle down and work hard, make great grades, and go home to help his family. If that means ignoring the cute girl down the hall in his dorm, he WILL do that. "No problem," he tells himself as he tears his eyes away from her and slips into his room.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#3285 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
Unfortunately I lost my download folder from last since virus and I didn’t think twice when I just said “remove virus” because who knew it would delete 80% of my gameplay + backups

So I’ve started over but without the right face templates they don’t look like themselves plus I can’t find the purple eyes with genetics either ;w;
So my result of remaking my favorite sim from before is now killing me but this is the closest I could come and i’m Crying
https://sta.sh/05rtfu8wtu6
;w;
But I think I will more or less continue my gameplay from where I remember I left it
There is obviously changes
Like a few of my sims are back to being children and teens and that >_> because story

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#3286 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM
In Tinsel Town, the first wave of babies is growing up. The second wave is coming in, but at a slower pace than the first-in fact 2 of the newer couples are rather hesitant to have any children, mostly because it will cut into their free time to do as they like.

Hopefully the arrivals of the second wave will not be quadruplets or triplets. I fear the families that are now expecting are not fully prepared either emotionally or mentally for having a child. Be that as it might, they're going to have one anyway!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3287 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I've just created sims of a few of the characters of a book I've been planning for years. The characters are based off of the seven deadly sins, does anyone know what aspirations and personalities I can use?

Obviously, Lust = Romance, Greed = Fortune, and possibly Gluttony = Grilled Cheese, but...? Anyone have ideas for the others?

sloth could be pleasure if you make the sim lazy

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#3288 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:45 AM
Did another hospital test run with a different couple. I didn't take any screenshots, however.

I wanted to try it out with a male couple and this time I turned off the Special Event camera, and when the birth actually happened, everyone rushed into one of the rooms with the 'birthing light' inside. But the room was a bit cramped and everyone kept bumping into each other , but Type 2 gave birth to twins safely. Then all of a sudden I saw the red hearts around his head and he fell in love with my other test sim (the red head) from the post I did in this thread yesterday . I don't know how he got there or why that even happened, but Type 1's husband didn't notice and everyone proceeded to give Type 1 gifts; I successfully received a gift card as well! Type 1 got it from the red head test sim of course , and the nurses gave him some teddy bears, a changing table, and that rabbit head toy. The doctor left shortly after the birth so he didn't discharge Type 1 but everyone made it home safely

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3289 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:25 AM
The second daughter of one of my Born-In-Game sims and Jan Tellerman witnessed her Gramma Judy die of old age. Awhile after that, I directed her to get some leftovers because she was getting hungry. Several times, she just cried and cried and cried. Poor Pamela London...
Mad Poster
#3290 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:19 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 10th Jun 2018 at 1:34 AM.
Rhett Hart of Retropleasantspot is not in a good mood. First, he didn't know how to get out of saying 'yes' to Penny when she suggested getting married right in front of her old man; then when he invited Sandy over she brought Penny with her so he couldn't talk to her properly; then he got his draft notice; and now he's moved into this crappy barracks with six other dudes; which at least postpones the wedding and might be okay except a) the hottest one is Junior, which would just be tacky, and b) Sgt. Yukon cut off all his hair and SHAVED THE SIDEBURNS!!! Those things are trademark Hart, man, regulations be damned! Now they all look alike in these damn forage caps and butch haircuts and camis and everybody does everything in a group. The Sarge is moderately hot, though. It's all single bunk beds in one room but there's this budget motel right across the street and sneaking out doesn't look that hard...

Right before he left Candy had her baby, a green-eyed girl named Angeline, so that's cool, he guesses.

(I motherloded the group twice to get them into the barracks and have plenty of money left over to possibly send them on a short "tour of duty" overseas, so I had plenty of room to put up a sexual orientation kite and adjust the recruits according to various factors. Rhett is maximum attracted to everybody - if it can consent, he'll consider it.)

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#3291 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
b) Sgt. Yukon cut off all his hair and SHAVED THE SIDEBURNS!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mad Poster
#3292 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:02 PM
I know! And if you think Rhett is upset now, wait'll he finds out that shaving them wasn't even regulation. The standard buzz-cut-and-bare-shave basic training ritual isn't mandated by regs, but by tradition and the practical knowledge of brainwashing/indoctrination in which Training Instructors are steeped.

It's going to be hard to play, because even Rhett and Junior blend in once they've got the forage caps on, and though I can tell them apart in person, in the profile stack the images are too small to pick out the differences, and of course the premades are virtually indistinguishable. The full roster is Junior Mann, Rhett Hart, Chester Gieke, Julien Cooke, Cyd Roseland, Nathan Gavigan, and Sgt. Preston Yukon. Fortunately, foreseeing this possibility, I built Sgt. Preston with the blackest skin I have, and I can play them largely ISBI, controlling Sgt. Preston, if necessary. Sooner or later I'm bound to memorize the order of the profiles - just in time for this batch to muster out, probably.

Don't worry, though. The sideburns, or some facial hair equally dashing, will return. I'm positive Rhett and his father have the kinds of beards that grow so fast you have to shave twice a day to maintain a military shave (my husband does, too), and once the initial indoctrination period is over he'll stop shaving every single bit he can get away with.

Theorist
#3293 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's going to be hard to play, because even Rhett and Junior blend in once they've got the forage caps on, and though I can tell them apart in person, in the profile stack the images are too small to pick out the differences, and of course the premades are virtually indistinguishable. The full roster is Junior Mann, Rhett Hart, Chester Gieke, Julien Cooke, Cyd Roseland, Nathan Gavigan, and Sgt. Preston Yukon. Fortunately, foreseeing this possibility, I built Sgt. Preston with the blackest skin I have, and I can play them largely ISBI, controlling Sgt. Preston, if necessary. Sooner or later I'm bound to memorize the order of the profiles - just in time for this batch to muster out, probably.

I'm currently starting to use the military as a means for disenfranchised young Sims to improve their station in life. Like teenagers can sign up for the junior corps and will be able to go to Uni on a scholarship (Uni isn't free in my game) They then have to stay in the military for the first 10 days of their adulthood (I modded adulthood to be longer).
Like one of Bob and Betty Newbie's sons, Walker, will be the only one of four kids to be able to afford to go to Uni because of that.

I don't quite go as far as to make them live on a military base (I have done it before in Post-Apocalyptic hoods) But now you kind of inspired me and it'd be an excuse for another subhood, hehehe. I might as well ask you here, since irrc you have a military background.
I was thinking of making Skip Broke a soldier. What would that mean for Brandi and her sons after his death? Would they get support from the military to ease their financial situation?
I hope that question isn't offensive btw, I'm originally from a country where military is very non-emphasized and that hasn't been in an armed conflict since World War II.

Mad Poster
#3294 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM
That depends entirely on the rules of the military you set up. Since my dad survived Viet Nam, thank goodness, I don't know what kind of death benefits we would have gotten if he hadn't, and the provisions might have changed several times since then. During much of history war widows have traditionally been left destitute, and not necessarily even informed of status, whether KIA or MIA; partly, to be fair, because you need bureaucracy for that and it's a relatively recent innovation.

When there are widows' pensions, they would be based on rank and paid out on some regular schedule - once per month, once per quarter, whatever. Insurance companies have special plans for veterans, including life insurance. It's also not unreasonable for surviving dependents to retain access to the (potentially much cheaper) commissary and medical benefits they had during their servicemember's life.

If you do set up some kind of benefit system, Brandi will probably become ineligible if she remarries; but the children could continue to get benefits. After my parents divorced, my siblings and I continued to have military IDs that would let us onto base, buy groceries at the commissary, swim in the base pool, see military doctors under military health plans, etc., until we hit 21.

So basically whatever makes sense for your worldbuilding is fair game.

Scholar
#3295 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 6:03 AM
In Sheffield, Damian Tinker managed to drop a grade on his last day of school, so didn't qualify for any scholarships. Luckily university is free, so he's now moved into an LFT dorm with his girlfriend, Lorelei Picaso, and a handful of others. The Picasos are nearly as broke as the Tinkers, but Lorelei managed to get a couple of scholarships, so she should have enough for the two of them to move to private accommodation next semester.

Damian's younger brother, Ron "the Stinker", flirted successfully with Lucy Gieke and the two are now hopelessly in love. Ron has turned out to be a very neat Sim who spent the entire evening (when not flirting with Lucy) cleaning up after the rest of his family. He was the one who refused pointblank to be potty-trained, so his newfound neatness is a real surprise. I think he may soon lose his nickname.

Autumn got Stephen to help her with her first homework, and baby Zara grew up to toddler. Zara will definitely be the last child, thank goodness, as Wanda is now too old to have another (which doesn't stop her wanting to have five more, of course!).
Mad Poster
#3296 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:34 PM
Sharon Wirth, minutes away from blowing out her birthday cake... Gave birth! To a little girl named Giselle. She immediately went into aspiration failure and grew up badly. I'm not too sure what to do with little Giselle.... She wasn't exactly planned. I didn't even know who the father is until checking the family tree (Chaz Whippler is, by the way). Sharon's older daughter Angelina recently had a son, Silas, and they only live in a tiny two bedroom house, which I built around their needs (ballet poles etc). It will probably be for the best that she puts her up for adoption...

Edward Contrary passed away today, leaving behind his wife Opal, estranged son Rick (ran away in his mid teens and was never seen by his parents again) and twins Cassidy and Thomas, who will start uni next rotation.

Gavin and Beatrice (Monty) Newson have welcomed in their secomd child, Gratianna. Younger sister to Gonzala who became a child last rotation.

Ellie Huffington-Beare 'escaped' (her words not mine!) to university, growing up poorly in the process... But at least she doesn't have to deal with her bratty younger half siblings. Speaking of which, Jolyne Bratford-Beare became a toddler and is the spitting image of Ellie, despite them having different Mums (to be fair, they both look like female versions of Kevin). Now Ellie is gone, Monica is having trouble working out how to parent.

I ended the DV rotation with the most hectic family: The Hart's. Matthew and Sarah Hart and their 10 (!!) Children: Cupid, Redd, Love, Sacred, Sweet, Purple, Joy-Anna, Croi, Elsker and Gabriel-John. Both parents work full-time and run a business. Today Gabriel-John became a toddler, with his twin Older siblings, that makes 3 tots crawling round. Cupid is usually the appointed babysitter but today she had a date with Beaumont, the heir to the Debateau fortune. They're a very traditional family so neither of the older boys had to look after the tots, instead the responsibility fell on the twin girls Sweet and Sacred. Who are just children themselves. They taught them nersery rhymes until Sarah came home

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#3297 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:43 PM
I stayed up all night because my sleep schedule has been shot to the underworld . After editing most of the Store clothes and downloading some Maxis Match hairs I've discovered the beauty of skyboxes

I installed Nopke's sky fix in conjunction with lowedeus and greatcheesecakepersona's skyboxes and I'm literally blown away at how amazing they look alongside Radiance 2.4. I would use 2.5 but I read that some people have been having problems with it so I'll stick with 2.4 for now. I also have lowedeus' camera compilation mod and it makes things so much easier in terms of picture taking :D. And while testing out the lot skyboxes I came across this

This resulted in the skybox being out of bounds but it literally looked so pretty, like the first few hours of daybreak combined with those clouds. And I also discovered that I can't go too far out or else the skybox will disappear

But either way this is the greatest invention since sliced bread, I love it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#3298 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:25 PM
Currently, I'm trying to finish playable area from Sims 4 City Living's Fashion District in Sims 2.

This will take a lot of time, but eh, I'm managing. I've never really built lots that are supposed to seem interconnected. I wonder if I can do something to make them a bit closer (2 tilles gap between lots is kinda annoying me). I wonder if Mootilda's lot adjuster can do something about that.
Test Subject
#3299 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:33 PM
Hello! (Waving) I'm back on the forum for the first time in a long while. I've installed Sims 3 and 4 but keep coming back to Sims 2. Maybe because UC runs AWESOMELY on my laptop; quick load screens and no lag!

I just started a new Uberhood with meetme's templates. For awhile I've had an idea for breaking out of my Sims rut. I tend to play perfect families: I make my Sims achieve all their wants without ever cheating on each other or bickering with family or neighbors. This time, I've focused on one unfortunate Sim (psst, Jessica Peterson) and am in the process of making her life a nightmare. I'll strive to fulfill her FEARS.

I loaded up her trailer and did some tweaking - gave her a secondary romance aspiration and fiddled with her interests. I let her keep her skills - they won't do her much good, heh, heh, heh. Finally, I used Insiminator to give her a little surprise from Armand - twins!

Her money is holding out despite being on maternity leave for several days: I've sold off some of the fancy furniture she came with. I'm trying to blow more of her money on clothes shopping and meals out. The night before she gave birth, I sent her on an ill-advised romp downtown and brought her home with all needs in the red except fun and social. She kept falling asleep in her plate of spaghetti. I finally got enough food in her to send her to bed without her starving to death, and the game picked that moment for the twins to arrive!

She is the world's worst mother - she only does feedings/diaper changes when she's finished meeting all her needs and never interacts otherwise with the squaling brats (two boys - Jackson and Jace). She'll care for them JUST enough to keep the social worker away, but I plan to ruin their childhoods as well - no A report cards or university for them! The challenge will be to make them grow up badly until adulthood, THEN try to dig them out of the hole their mother put them in by turning their lives around.

Jessica, meanwhile, refuses to talk to her trailer park neighbors; she's a snob who's convinced wealth is just around the corner for her with marriage to a rich Sim. I gave her all the romance aspiration point bonuses, so men stalk her every time she goes out in public. They're all going to love her and leave her, though. Heh, heh, heh. She's in love with Carlos Contender, flirting with a townie who's dressed like a downtown Mr. Big, and getting to know Mortimer Goth. My current plan is once the twins get older to have Carlos knock her up - maybe with twins again! Those babies I may let the social worker take and have Carlos adopt them. I'd like to see how the neighborhood Casanova copes with that!

Meanwhile at the deBateaus, I'm going to see how long Armand can go before he meets his own kids. I was just starting to look for a romance for him when a new neighbor moved in downstairs - the game generated the ugliest alien Sim I've ever seen! I've never had the game make an alien like that before; I've only had my own CAS aliens, abduction babies or the premades. So of course, he's got to woo her! I'll post some pics later. Their children are going to look ... interesting ...

He got demoted on my first day playing him from a chance card and worked his way back up to Business Tycoon with a different company. He and Tara are on a mountain vacation to celebrate, then he'll get serious about marriage. (Tara was abducted by aliens the night before the trip and won the Alien Reparations scholarship. I had planned to work toward her owning Cratus Gym since fitness is her OTH, but this encounter has sparked an interest in the paranormal; maybe she'll major in that and run the business on the side.)

(BTW, anyone know of a hack that will make Sims serve meals on the nearest table? The family butler keeps walking all the way downstairs to the common area. And the landlord, who's a friend of Armand's, threw the weekly apartment social in the deBateau's place! I have to keep the door locked or else the tenants constantly come in to use the hot tub.)
Forum Resident
#3300 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:44 PM
I have finally taken the plunge and created a bootcamp partition on my Macbook so that I can play TS2. It is. Glorious. I'm temporarily living in another state and couldn't take my desktop pc with me, so this is the next best thing and my goodness is it a 'best thing'. #TS2Forever
Page 132 of 352