Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

SneakyWingPhoenix

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 15908 (Who?), Viewed: 364557 times.
Page 566 of 637
Forum Resident
#14126 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Jun 2018 at 10:42 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Wow, you don't have the delete button. How weird. It's supposed to be here:


Thank you. I have several places (at least) that SimPE doesn't show everything properly. It's very annoying, but it's been that way for years. Even with the new version installed this year, the view hasn't changed. It's like the fonts are too big for the space and things get cut off. I have windows 7 and the fonts are default. If I make them tiny, then the things fit on the screen, but everything is so tiny! It's hard to use the laptop that way! Changing themes or screen resolution doesn't matter. If anyone has an idea of how I can fix it, that would be amazing!

Mad Poster
#14127 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 14th Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM.
What's your screen resolution? Might just be too small to properly use SimPE. It's kind of a bummer. If you're on a netbook or laptop and can get a hold of a larger monitor, you might be able to connect it up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Forum Resident
#14128 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 15th Jun 2018 at 1:16 PM.
I don't think it's the laptop itself, but maybe: Windows 7 64 bit, 16GB, i7 2.8Ghz, NVidia Quadro K2000M. The resolution right now is 1920x1080, and that one will show everything if I set it to use teeny tiny fonts. The screen is large, 15.6 inches. I remember having this same issue on a desktop with SimPE years ago, but when I get to somewhere with another monitor, I'll try it.

I think, though, it's the way SimPE's UI handles the fonts. It expects us to use 100% fontsize (default is 125%) and lower resolutions, where 100% is visually big enough as it was with older machines, but with higher resolutions, that is very small text. I can put on the tiny font and lower the resolution and it's bearable for SimPE, but that is not a nice look for anything else. I'm surprised, though, if no one else has this issue.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#14129 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 11:27 PM
Hmm, well my eyesight is not the best, but I am not having an issue with simPE. Try doing Ctrl +

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#14130 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Thank you. I have several places (at least) that SimPE doesn't show everything properly. It's very annoying, but it's been that way for years. Even with the new version installed this year, the view hasn't changed. It's like the fonts are too big for the space and things get cut off. I have windows 7 and the fonts are default. If I make them tiny, then the things fit on the screen, but everything is so tiny! It's hard to use the laptop that way! Changing themes or screen resolution doesn't matter. If anyone has an idea of how I can fix it, that would be amazing!



Changin size of the screen resolution or was it the desktop dislplay ... whichever it was it made stuff to small for me so I changed it back. I have very bad eyesight I couldn't have everything, not just SimPe, smaller so I've learned to deal with it and just know what they're supposed to be.
Mad Poster
#14131 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:57 AM
Mine is the same as Lamares. Looks like you may be using a different version of SimPE than I am. My commit button is on the right upper corner, so there are more differences. Hopefully unchecking ages is enough for what you want to do though

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Forum Resident
#14132 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:37 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 16th Jun 2018 at 6:23 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Mine is the same as Lamares. Looks like you may be using a different version of SimPE than I am. My commit button is on the right upper corner, so there are more differences. Hopefully unchecking ages is enough for what you want to do though


Unchecking is good. It's the latest version, though, 0.75.131194. On some screens the commit is on the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
Changin size of the screen resolution or was it the desktop dislplay ... whichever it was it made stuff to small for me so I changed it back. I have very bad eyesight I couldn't have everything, not just SimPe, smaller so I've learned to deal with it and just know what they're supposed to be.


@CaliBrat, Are you saying you've had this issue, too?
Forum Resident
DELETED POST
15th Jun 2018 at 2:40 AM
This message has been deleted by Sunrader. Reason: double
Theorist
#14133 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:32 PM
I had that problem. It was because I had the screen text size set at 125% Everything was much easier to see, but it messed up the layout on SimPE. I may put it back that way since everything is SO TINY!

For Windows 7 users - right click on the bare desktop > screen resolution > make text and other items larger or smaller. 100% will fix the SimPE layout, but as I said - most of the text then becomes too small to read anyway.

The Windows Magnifier tool does help some with the tiny text, but it can be a bit awkward to use.
Forum Resident
#14134 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
I had that problem. It was because I had the screen text size set at 125% Everything was much easier to see, but it messed up the layout on SimPE. I may put it back that way since everything is SO TINY!

For Windows 7 users - right click on the bare desktop > screen resolution > make text and other items larger or smaller. 100% will fix the SimPE layout, but as I said - most of the text then becomes too small to read anyway.

The Windows Magnifier tool does help some with the tiny text, but it can be a bit awkward to use.


Thanks be, I'm not alone! Can we form a support group?!
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#14135 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Thank you. I have several places (at least) that SimPE doesn't show everything properly. It's very annoying, but it's been that way for years. Even with the new version installed this year, the view hasn't changed. It's like the fonts are too big for the space and things get cut off. I have windows 7 and the fonts are default. If I make them tiny, then the things fit on the screen, but everything is so tiny! It's hard to use the laptop that way! Changing themes or screen resolution doesn't matter. If anyone has an idea of how I can fix it, that would be amazing!

You know you can click and grab the edges of the boxes and resize them? Just like in Windoze explorer. I always make the plug in section much larger because you spend so much time working in there.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Forum Resident
#14136 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
You know you can click and grab the edges of the boxes and resize them? Just like in Windoze explorer. I always make the plug in section much larger because you spend so much time working in there.


Yes, but that makes no difference in this case. The items are obscured by other items inside the boxes. Even the title screen has the version number overlapping the box because it doesn't fit in there.

The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#14137 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:12 PM
Yeah that's a different issue I think.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Forum Resident
#14138 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 3:45 PM
I'm actually having a weird SimPE GUI issue, too - I recently resized the lower workspace area to be big enough that there wasn't a vertical scroll bar on the right pane when editing BHAVs, which was super annoying. Except now, the lower area is stuck and can't be resized anymore, and text is getting sort of half-hidden underneath the top of the pane, like so:



It's not really a problem because that pane is now the size I want it to be, but it's weird.
Forum Resident
#14139 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
I'm actually having a weird SimPE GUI issue, too - I recently resized the lower workspace area to be big enough that there wasn't a vertical scroll bar on the right pane when editing BHAVs, which was super annoying. Except now, the lower area is stuck and can't be resized anymore, and text is getting sort of half-hidden underneath the top of the pane, like so:



It's not really a problem because that pane is now the size I want it to be, but it's weird.


Does reset layout fix it?

I just want to add here, despite the little issue I have with it, I'm incredibly grateful for SimPE and it's brought me tremendous enjoyment over the years, no question! I'm eternally grateful to all the generous creators and, especially, to Quaxi, for keeping it available for us, even updating it this year! Much love!
Forum Resident
#14140 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:21 PM
Where is "reset layout"? I don't see it in any of the menus.
Mad Poster
#14141 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:57 PM
Reset layout is an icon at the top, the blue circle with a red X, and you can also find it in Properties (first tab).
Forum Resident
#14142 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 5:26 PM
Oh yessss, that fixed it perfectly. Also move the resource tree over to the left side, but that's basically fine.
Theorist
#14143 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:26 PM
any tutorials for making a Multi-Plantsim mod?
Field Researcher
#14144 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:51 AM
Is there a simple way for me to open a bit of sim clothing in SimPE and see if it already has a pregnancy morph? I am getting pretty confident with SimPE, and have had a poke around a few meshes but couldn't see any obvious way for me to tell. I'm default replacing some items of clothing but only want to use default replacements with pregmorphs.
Mad Poster
#14145 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhedera
Is there a simple way for me to open a bit of sim clothing in SimPE and see if it already has a pregnancy morph? I am getting pretty confident with SimPE, and have had a poke around a few meshes but couldn't see any obvious way for me to tell. I'm default replacing some items of clothing but only want to use default replacements with pregmorphs.



Not that I know of, but give me a link to the clothing and I'll check it out in Milkshape for you.
Field Researcher
#14146 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Not that I know of, but give me a link to the clothing and I'll check it out in Milkshape for you.


Oh thanks for the offer, but I'd rather learn to do it myself! If it was just one or two items I'd feel ok about getting someone else to check, but I tend to go on shopping sprees downloading things!
Top Secret Researcher
#14147 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quick question/random poll. I know (now) that some people would very much like to have curtains positioned to fit different windows so they can be placed without cheats. Does the same apply to window boxes?

Would you rather have double the number of catalog objects in order to use them without cheats?
Or, for something like window boxes that you wouldn't use as often, would you prefer to use placement cheats and have less objects in your catalog?

Straw Poll HERE if you have a preference.

Calamity Hills Apocalypse (Sims 2 Let's Play) | Tumblr(s) | Twitter
Test Subject
#14148 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 4:11 PM
Can we say Nervous Subject (Strangetown) is one of the few pre-made sims with disabilities? Olive had him in her elder age, so there was probably complications during the pregnancy or/and the birth.
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#14149 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 4:14 PM
Personally, I would rather not have extra meshes in Downloads and have no problem using cheats to shift things about. What I would like is for all curtains to be shiftable.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#14150 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhedera
Is there a simple way for me to open a bit of sim clothing in SimPE and see if it already has a pregnancy morph? I am getting pretty confident with SimPE, and have had a poke around a few meshes but couldn't see any obvious way for me to tell. I'm default replacing some items of clothing but only want to use default replacements with pregmorphs.


I realize this isn't exactly what you were askin about, but thought I'd share it as ya might find it helpful anyways, I know I have.

Adult Female Default Meshes w/Pregnant Morphsby the mystical one.
Page 566 of 637
Back to top