Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#3301 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:20 PM
Taking care of toddlers... it really stresses out my sims
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3302 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:12 PM
I've got triplet boys in college. They'd aged up their townie friends from childhood on, and when I moved the lot to college, I rolled for aspirations for the townies that still had grow-up, then turned them into dormies. The only little difficulty with this is that Alan, the romance/family boy, is working on a 20 loves LTW, and his beloved childhood friends Marsha and Chloe are two of them. Except Chloe is a family sim and doesn't understand why all these other women keep romancing her man at toga parties and he lets them! She's enemies with five other women, and he has to keep re-wooing her.
Triplet #2, Peter, is a Popularity/something boy, and he doesn't let the something affect his life. (I think it's knowledge?) He's been with Sophie Miguel since she was dropped as a blind date for his brother in high school. They're engaged, to his family sim dad's delight, and everything is falling neatly into place for his life. His LTW is journalism.
Triplet #3, Zuriel, is Fortune/pop, engaged to Meadow Thayer with one bolt, LTW oceanography. His brothers could just stop with all the love drama. He doesn't even want to SIT in that hot top anymore! Ew! I have a feeling he's going to be blindsided by how improper babies are, when the time comes.

Younger sister, Harlow, is still at home, a popularity teen who wants five top businesses (uh, maybe, if you make me love you enough, child, you can have one). She won't get to college until after the boys have graduated, but one of their many friends can move in and keep the greek house open until then.

Zuriel and Harlow both have their dad, Algar's, elf ears. He's the CAS sim. Even though I made him with red/blond genes, all four kids have blond hair. Their mom, Opal, is a downtownie--the family lives downtown, too. In theory, these guys are a legacy, with Zuriel the heir. In practice . . . I've never gotten past the second generation, so I'll see what happens.

I tried experimenting with sky boxes and stuff and my graphics card said Nope. So I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's pretty pictures for now.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#3303 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:47 PM
Finished playing my game for today.

Interior will be a nightmare
Alchemist
#3304 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM
I finally got a little working country church in Widespot with a cocktail of tweaks and mods. As I've mentioned, I like my lots to be as autonomous as possible. So... Playboy-about-town, Rhett Hart, is now a minister. He has a tweaked career as a minister, too, just because I like it that way and he wears a good priest-type outfit everyday. He lives in the basement of the church, a heavily modified lot of the Apple Grove Wedding Chapel without the extra building. Simological's meeting controller calls the congregation (I've weeded out any troublesome playables like his many enemies). The opportunity lectern and boom mic tweaked to remove notifications (as much as possible) gives them a reason to listen (I spent a lot of time trying to make this a community lot, but it didn't work well bcs the opportunity lectern didn't seem to work the way I wanted on a community lot). Finally, BOs Need Freak is set up to keep everyone needing comfort so they will stay sitting down. Once everything is on, they all sit down politely and listen to Pastor Rhett go on about... well, who knows with that guy...? I have to get him using the mic before they arrive, otherwise, everyone will rush to use the podium. That's still a bit problematic, but if he's "practicing" his sermon as they arrive, it's all good. For some reason, I really love putting up all the walls and roof and peeking in at the windows as they all sit nicely listening.
Mad Poster
#3305 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:00 AM
After Edward and Opal Contrary's untimely deaths, their room mate, Osiris Mike, was a bit lonely. He was thinking of applying for a room mate of his own. He went for a walk as he thought about just how to word the ad so that only really hot women applied.

Suddenly he came across a man crying and shaking uncontrollably as he sat beneath a tree. He stopped to see whether he could help. The story the man told was horrifying. He didn't remember his name, he'd been sold as a child to a couple. They called him Nervous Subject. They subjected him to all kinds of torture. But just today the woman slipped up and left his cage unlocked. He waited until he heard their car drive away and then he ran as far and as fast as could. But now, he said, he was tired and hungry. He didn't have any money for food or a place to stay.

What could Osiris do? He brought him home. But he soon discovered Nervous was too damaged to be around other people, and there was no way he was ever going to be able to help him pay his bills.

He thought about the problem all afternoon at work. He'd made a mistake. What was he going to do?

When he got home, he discovered Nervous had made enemies all throughout the apartment. The manager told Osiris that Nervous was going to have to go or he would evict both of them.

Osiris' best friend, Isaac had spent the day with Nervous. He told Osiris that Nervous picked a fight with him and ran off down the street. Osiris was kind of hopeful that he might not return. That was when the phone rang. Nervous had been found in active labor in the middle of town. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Lorato. The mother was listed as Grim Reaper.

By the time Osiris got to the hospital, Nervous had jumped from the roof. He was never going to make it in the world anyway.

But the upshot is yesterday Osiris was looking for a room mate. Today he has a baby.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3306 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:37 AM
Curious as to whether or not I could actually do it, I made an above-ground infinity pool. Made it as a community lot, and I'm going to send one of those Tinsel-town pixels there pretty soon to test it out. The wonders you can do with terrain coverings...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3307 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:46 AM
@Sunrader: There's a working 'pulpit' at PBK that disallows anyone from rushing to use it, and when giving sermons, the preacher can earn money at the same time. I use it in my 'Meeting House'.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...t=pulpit#p48932

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#3308 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:52 AM
I may do a Veronaville-type nhood based off of Greek gods. Ooh, or a nhood based off of literary characters!

I want to do multiple, but my laptop is being dumb and losing a LOT of space (spontaneously, it went from 14GB free space to 6GB in the matter of a few days. and I didn't download anything whatsoever.), and my external hard drive won't work.
Scholar
#3309 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:14 AM
I was building Frankie a new house again and then the game crashed so suddenly without any of the telling signs. It so sad because that was a fabulous house for a fabulous being. Poor Frankie, once again without a house
Forum Resident
#3310 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:30 PM
Tedium, tedium, tedium, removing all of the trees in a new Crystal Springs. Is there any edited version of Crystal Springs that does not have any neighborhood deco? I could really use it.
Alchemist
#3311 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
@Sunrader: There's a working 'pulpit' at PBK that disallows anyone from rushing to use it, and when giving sermons, the preacher can earn money at the same time. I use it in my 'Meeting House'.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...t=pulpit#p48932

Thank you, @FranH, that does sound better, but this link, I think, is broken. Do you know where I can download it?
Mad Poster
#3312 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:03 PM
Curious as to whether or not I could actually do it, I made an above-ground infinity pool. Made it as a community lot, and I'm going to send one of those Tinsel-town pixels there pretty soon to test it out. The wonders you can do with terrain coverings...

ENVY! and hopeful....any chance you might upload it so those of us too stupid to ever accomplish anything that marvelous could have it?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#3313 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
By the time Osiris got to the hospital, Nervous had jumped from the roof. He was never going to make it in the world anyway...

*loud ugly crying*
Forum Resident
#3314 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:52 PM
My alien was abducted and I hear the pregnant bells oh shoot
She also got married same day with a single father later on the day -w-‘
I have seriously no idea what’s going down in that household anymore

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#3315 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 5:36 PM
I made a wrecked castle for my Welsh-themed 'hood that I'm hoping to put up for download! For saying I had super-tons of trouble with it, I got it to look really wrecked and ruined in the end, I think No CC is used either! It could be better, obviously, but I quite like the way it looks. It's not meant to be a castle for royalty, only for a Baroness.

Here's the bio for the castle:
CASTELL DRISCOLL
The ruins of the castle belonging to the late Baroness Driscoll. Some say that upon her death in 1403, the townspeople of Llancrisial went into a many-year-long depression and left the castle to fester, as she was the last living member of her esteemed and well loved family and produced no heirs. Or so they thought.

EDIT: I made it as overgrown as possible. The statue in the centre is meant to be a tribute to the late Baroness Driscoll as well, a likeness of her. Maybe I'll add a painting of 'her' in the Chapel (the only intact, square building with rounded edges) or something.
Mad Poster
#3316 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 7:44 PM
Matthew Picaso was overjoyed to run into the assistant coach for the Llamas, Daniel Pleasant, at the Ice House.* They hit it off and Daniel brought his wife and daughters over for dinner. The evening was less successful than Matthew'd hoped - Mrs. Pleasant was a little standoffish, Jessica was tired out from the baby, Daniel was really hard on one of his girls, and then the other one attacked her sister in the nursery off the living room. Daniel's a swell guy, though, and it's not Matthew's business how he raises his kids.

Coral, worried about Lilith, invited her over without the rest of them and they had a long talk. She thinks Lilith should move into Mary Sue's old room. After all, it's just sitting there, and she'd only be across the street from home, which may be enough to relieve tensions. Lilith is very suspicious of her offer, though, looking for her grandmother's "angle," and didn't agree with it. Saturday, however, while Mary Sue and Daniel were working, Angela threw a party - and invited Dirk! Suddenly it seems to her that Angela is trying to own everybody and take even Dirk away; and she ran away (in her swimsuit). This was a bit more than Angela'd been prepared for! Daniel came home and wouldn't listen to her, being far more interested in shoving Dustin and taking a bath; Mary Sue came home with a promotion, exhausted, and put herself straight to bed. Then Daniel went out to the Budget Hotel just outside the military base, where Things Happened (I'm experimenting with some X-rated CC there; it doesn't really fit my playstyle but a couple of very interesting character things happened) - and when he came home, Lilith was still gone and he finally listened to a tearful Angela and called the police. A hostile red-headed teen-ager in a purple swimsuit was pretty easy to spot, so she was soon home. Daniel started off apologizing, but Lilith didn't buy it and the next thing he knew he was wanting to poke her again. Oh, well, they'll sort it all out in the morning. Or sometime. It'll be a little harder with Mary Sue not speaking to him...

*Ice House: basically a convenience store, but in the classic sense also has a pool table and, in a dry county, "set-ups;" i.e., they provide the ice and glasses and you bring liquor from home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3317 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:14 AM Last edited by FranH : 13th Jun 2018 at 2:37 AM.
@Smorbie and others: I can upload it, but I will do so at my mediafire account. Give me a while to load up the game and pack up the lot into a Sims2 package.

Now: fair warning-I guarantee nothing in this lot. I have some CC tiles and terrains in it, and your mileage may vary quite a bit from mine. Or as the old saying goes:
"Caveat Emptor".

But it sure does look pretty...(and mind you, this is the first actual lot upload I've ever done. I might even throw in my volcano if there is a desire to see it, as well..and same warning for that lot goes, too.)

EDIT: It will not be available for downloading, as I had promised before. I went to test it with my simself, and it froze in midstream. I could not unlock it, and thus I will not be uploading it. I'm very sorry about that-and disappointed that it doesn't work. I don't know why it did not, but I won't inflict this on anyone. My mistakes will remain mine.

Inventor
#3318 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:31 AM
I tried out some various poseboxes tonight. It's weird to work around, even with cheats on, because I got this after trying to pair my sims together

This one turned out okay

Then I tried the 'cross arms' pose

This looks like he's hearing out for the incoming thunder

And then I paused at the right time

I'm gonna have to read up on some posebox tutorials, but enjoy these at the meantime

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3319 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:59 AM
@Primavera

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

He's adorable! I love his face on that pose.
Screenshots
Inventor
#3320 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Primavera

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

He's adorable! I love his face on that pose.

Haha thank you! He's just a test sim but I chose that pose off of the 'talk hack' painting I got from here ( http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=223451 ). I'm pretty sure it was that one, but I'm still gonna have to learn how to pose him right without it looking stiff

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3321 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:31 AM
EDIT: It will not be available for downloading, as I had promised before. I went to test it with my simself, and it froze in midstream. I could not unlock it, and thus I will not be uploading it. I'm very sorry about that-and disappointed that it doesn't work. I don't know why it did not, but I won't inflict this on anyone. My mistakes will remain mine. [/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry. I know that was a lot of work. I don't build a lot if I can help so I don't know. Is there any way you can check to see what's wrong with it? I'm not asking so you will upload it. I just want you to be able to play something you worked so hard on.

Forum Resident
#3322 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:37 AM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 13th Jun 2018 at 11:46 AM. Reason: elaboration
I'm...confused. I said that my computer jumped from 14GB to 6GB remaining, right? And...it just jumped back to 14GB. I mean, I'm glad! I don't have to worry about the 6GB remaining meaning that I can't have as many Sims on my computer. But I'm confused.
Oh well. Back to Simming. It's a huge relief, actually. I was getting so stressed about space on my laptop. Literally, Sims is what I spend most of my time doing now that I've practically graduated from high school. I'm using it to de-stress for my final exam next Tuesday.
Mad Poster
#3323 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Thank you, @FranH, that does sound better, but this link, I think, is broken. Do you know where I can download it?

It works fine for me. Is it giving you an error message?
Forum Resident
#3324 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:02 PM
I'm doing a little more building and populating the town I might put up for download...it's sooo hard to refrain from playing them myself and keeping them as blank slates!
Mad Poster
#3325 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 7:15 PM
@Smorbie and others: I can upload it, but I will do so at my mediafire account. Give me a while to load up the game and pack up the lot into a Sims2 package.

Now: fair warning-I guarantee nothing in this lot. I have some CC tiles and terrains in it, and your mileage may vary quite a bit from mine. Or as the old saying goes:
"Caveat Emptor".

But it sure does look pretty...(and mind you, this is the first actual lot upload I've ever done. I might even throw in my volcano if there is a desire to see it, as well..and same warning for that lot goes, too.)

EDIT: It will not be available for downloading, as I had promised before. I went to test it with my simself, and it froze in midstream. I could not unlock it, and thus I will not be uploading it. I'm very sorry about that-and disappointed that it doesn't work. I don't know why it did not, but I won't inflict this on anyone. My mistakes will remain mine.

If you post some pics in the help thread (I think), we can all go and have a look and see if we can find the problem and somebody may be able to help you to fix it.
Page 133 of 350