Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:04 PM Last edited by Eidola : 31st Dec 2017 at 1:16 PM. Reason: Still looking for feedback!
Default Alcoholic & Sober Traits - Still Looking for Feedback!
UPDATE
These traits still haven't been submitted to be uploaded yet. Screenshots for all the buffs is taking me a lot longer than expected, and I haven't even touched the description yet. Only one out of twenty-six people that have downloaded the traits has given me feedback on this! Please, if you have anything to say, even if it's just to say you love or hate it (preferably with details on why), please let me know!

Hey guys!

I'm hoping to get some feedback from testers on two new traits I've spent the majority of the last week working on. This is my first foray into modding, so I can't promise it's flawless, but I haven't noticed any issues in-game yet.

The two traits are ... *drumroll* ...
  • Alcoholic
  • Sober
These traits were inspired by Wolfdude's Alcohol mod (link!), which, if you have it, greatly enhances these traits. Note that there is no actual interaction between my traits and Wolfdude's mod, so it's definitely not required, I just think it makes sense for your sim to be able to get drunk if they're an alcoholic (or even if they're not). These traits do NOT add being drunk as a moodlet, so if that's what you're looking for, definitely check out Wolfdude's mod.

Now, on to the nitty gritty... Both traits can be found under the "Lifestyle" tab when choosing traits for sims aged Teen and older. For these traits to work, you shouldn't need anything other than the base game fully updated (or at least post-C&D patch). All moodlet images come from the base game, so those should work just fine. If you have Spa Day and/or Outdoor Retreat (I don't have either), then you get the added benefits of extra skill gain in Wellness and Herbalism for Sober sims. But, again, these packs aren't required.

Alcoholic Trait Features

Sober Trait Features

Known Issues
  • Neither trait will show up in the relationship panel (eg, if your sim is friends with an alcoholic sim, it'll just say Unknown instead of Alcoholic for that trait slot); I've heard this is a game bug that causes custom traits to not be recognized by this panel, so I'm not sure if there's a way to fix this or not at this time. If you know of a way to fix this, I'm all ears!
  • (Not an issue, but relevant.) If you're getting "Buzzed", "Drunk", "Wasted", or "Hungover" moodlets, those are from Wolfdude's alcohol mod (linked above). They are not from these traits and I did not create them.

I would recommend NOT applying both traits to the same sim. Since these traits interact with each other, I'm not sure what would happen, but I suspect the result would be a constantly miserable sim. If you want to try it out for fun, go ahead, but since this has not been tested by me and the traits are not intended to be used simultaneously on one sim, I would advise against it.

Questions for Testers
  • What do you love, if anything?
  • What do you hate, if anything?
  • Were there any errors/last exception files/other issues during gameplay? (if so, please describe)
  • Is there anything you think needs to be tweaked? (e.g. moodlet duration, moodlet emotion category, moodlet strength, etc.)
  • Is there anything not included in this mod that you'd like to see possibly implemented?
  • Any other comments? Questions?

And most importantly... A big thank you in advance to any and all testers! I seriously appreciate it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Eidola's Alcoholic (v1.1) and Sober (v1.0) Traits.zip (30.9 KB, 6805 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 12:36 AM
what do you love, if anything?: i can finally have a shitty alcoholic parent sim. lmao
what do you hate, if anything?: none.
were there any errors/last exception files/other issues during gameplay? (if so, please describe): n/a.
is there anything you think needs to be tweaked? (e.g. moodlet duration, moodlet emotion category, moodlet strength, etc.): i feel moodlet reasons should be in parenthesis and capitalized in title text like the premade traits (i.e '(from Drinking Alcohol)').
is there anything not included in this mod that you'd like to see possibly implemented?: nah man.
any other comments? questions?: in the traits description in CAS there is a slight typo. 'nector' should be 'nectar.' just thought id let you know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Eidola : 21st Dec 2017 at 2:17 AM. Reason: Update
@piebaldfawn

Hey, thanks so much for checking out the traits! I will fix that typo--thank you for pointing it out.

As for the moodlet reasons text--would you be willing to send me a screenshot of an example of that? Is it all the moodlets or just some of them? The way I wrote it up, it definitely shouldn't be showing up that way. I'll go through all my moodlets descriptions and make sure they're written correctly. I thought they were all in parentheses and capitalized, but I might have slipped up somewhere.

UPDATE
The typo in the CAS trait description has been fixed. If you want to see that, you can delete the v1 alcoholic trait package file and replace it with v1.1 in the new folder I uploaded. Nothing has been changed in the sober trait yet, so you can just delete the additional one from the folder.

For the moodlet "From" descriptions, everything looks correct in Mod Constructor... I'm not seeing any issues with this in my game (see screenshot in my first post), but this could definitely be an issue, though I'm not sure what would cause it. A screenshot from your game would definitely be helpful, if you'd be so inclined.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 4:09 AM
@eidola

will update right now! ill try to get a screenshot of it if i find one!
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 6:24 AM
hi!! back again. i have a screenshot of the lack of capitalization and punctuation that i was speaking about earlier. hopefully this will clear some things up!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:22 AM
Hey, that clears things up perfectly! That moodlet--as well as the "Buzzed", "Wasted", and "Hungover" moodlets--are actually from Wolfdude's alcohol mod. My traits do not incorporate a drunk moodlet, since Wolfdude's mod already adds that functionality for all sims. That was a conscious decision on my part, because I designed these traits with Wolfdude's mod in mind and I didn't want those with their mod to get two different drunken moodlets (one from their mod and one from mine). There was a (less explained) note about this in my first post, though if you skimmed or didn't read everything it would have been easy to miss.

Quote:
Note that there is no actual interaction between my traits and Wolfdude's mod, so it's definitely not required, I just think it makes sense for your sim to be able to get drunk if they're an alcoholic (or even if they're not). These traits do NOT add being drunk as a moodlet, so if that's what you're looking for, definitely check out Wolfdude's mod.

So, to surmise, you'll have to ask Wolfdude about those moodlets in particular if you wish, because they're not from my traits.

Now, with that being said, if you and others are interested in having only alcoholic and/or sober sims get drunk (aka, for those without Wolfdude's mod), that's something I can look into offering as an alternate version of the traits. It might take a bit of time, but I think I could definitely get that functioning if there's interest.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 9:30 AM
oh oh my goodness this is embarrassing. i read all of that and processed it but i guess it didnt click. ive got a reading thing going on where my brain doesnt agree with my eyes sometimes. sorry to waste your time. best of luck with your mod! :x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 5:04 AM Last edited by Eidola : 31st Dec 2017 at 1:12 PM. Reason: Update
Hey, no worries. I appreciate you pointing something out that very well could have been from these traits. Thanks for taking the time to test this and provide feedback. It's much appreciated.

If anyone else wants to toss me some more feedback, I've still got open ears. I'm going to work on screenshots and a more detailed description in the hopes of getting this sent into the moderation queue by tomorrow night. And, of course, comments and feedback are perfectly welcome once I get this uploaded properly as well.

UPDATE
This still hasn't been submitted yet. Screenshots for all the buffs is taking a lot longer than expected, and I haven't even touched the description yet. Only one out of twenty-six people that have downloaded the traits has given me feedback on this! Please, if you have anything to say, even if it's just to say you love or hate it (preferably with details on why), please let me know!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:43 AM
Ooh seems cool to try the alcoholic one, I'll give you feedback asap as soon as I try it
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:09 AM
What do you love, if anything?
I love the different moodlets available from having the traits
What do you hate, if anything?
I think there should be some time in between the moodlets redropping, unless you planned it that way then it works great.
Were there any errors/last exception files/other issues during gameplay? (if so, please describe)
The only issue i had was that because i entered into CAS after I had created the family originally, when i went and looked at the traits it still had their old traits, it didnt say unknown it just had the old trait and nothing regarding the new trait.
Is there anything you think needs to be tweaked? (e.g. moodlet duration, moodlet emotion category, moodlet strength, etc.)
Maybe not as many uncomfortable moodlets for sober sims. Maybe even a sad one for either triat saying either that the sobers ones are missing out (for alcoholics) or feeling pity for alcoholics (for sober people)?
Is there anything not included in this mod that you'd like to see possibly implemented?
An interaction between the sims where the person who is sober tries to convince to give up alcohol, or any interaction where an alcoholic sim tries to peer pressure a sober sim into drinking.
Any other comments? Questions?
I did a mod review for this, i will be posting it to my youtube channel, i will post the link when i upload it. Will be up within the next few days.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 5:34 PM
What do you love, if anything? I love how I just enjoy drinking irl (i like to joke about me being an alcoholic lol) and I have other traits like anxiety and stuff and it is sooooo funny seeing how I'm stressed tf out and need a drink from your mod and she has to have a few drinks before she calms down because it's hard making all my sims happy bcuz I made it so realistic with all the traits on them lmao
What do you hate, if anything? nothing so far, I love when you modders make traits! it makes the gameplay so much more realistic! so thanks again!
Were there any errors/last exception files/other issues during gameplay? (if so, please describe) no last exception errors, no issues that I have caught yet, if there is, I'll let you know!
Is there anything you think needs to be tweaked? (e.g. moodlet duration, moodlet emotion category, moodlet strength, etc.) maybe the moodlet strength can be stronger, but do not take my word for it because I have a lot of traits on her and it definitely gives me the challenge to get her happy again even with your positive moodlets, and that's bcuz just irl I'm an anxietal spazz (see i just made up a condition lmao) and with his mod being so great with the anxiety, and your mod being so great, idk how many drinks I need to eliminate the neg moodlets, so it's not your mod, because I see the neg decreasing in time when I am drinking
Is there anything not included in this mod that you'd like to see possibly implemented? the comment above about the convincing sounds nice, but I feel like you don't need to include anything else unless you see a looot of people stating something should be included! Your mod is great the way it is!
Any other comments? Questions? I am the type that has waaaaaaaaay too many mods...and keep going lol so I really enjoy when ya'll make traits! Did you think about other trait mods you'd like to do? have people asked or requested other ideas? :lovestruc
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:25 AM Last edited by jazminessim : 29th Jan 2018 at 5:05 PM.
Here is the link for my video, if you would like to see it in action and my first impressions. Pretty sweet mod! https://youtu.be/A6OBTmDv29Y

Quote: Originally posted by jazminessim
What do you love, if anything?
I love the different moodlets available from having the traits
What do you hate, if anything?
I think there should be some time in between the moodlets redropping, unless you planned it that way then it works great.
Were there any errors/last exception files/other issues during gameplay? (if so, please describe)
The only issue i had was that because i entered into CAS after I had created the family originally, when i went and looked at the traits it still had their old traits, it didnt say unknown it just had the old trait and nothing regarding the new trait.
Is there anything you think needs to be tweaked? (e.g. moodlet duration, moodlet emotion category, moodlet strength, etc.)
Maybe not as many uncomfortable moodlets for sober sims. Maybe even a sad one for either triat saying either that the sobers ones are missing out (for alcoholics) or feeling pity for alcoholics (for sober people)?
Is there anything not included in this mod that you'd like to see possibly implemented?
An interaction between the sims where the person who is sober tries to convince to give up alcohol, or any interaction where an alcoholic sim tries to peer pressure a sober sim into drinking.
Any other comments? Questions?
I did a mod review for this, i will be posting it to my youtube channel, i will post the link when i upload it. Will be up within the next few days.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM
I have downloaded these traits, and have them in the same subfolder as all my other custom traits, but they aren't showing up in game.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:02 AM
This was perfect for my rich housewife sim, seems to be working great! Any chance of a version without the 3+ uncomfortable moodlet for the other sims? (The rest of the family is really bummed out lol) Keep up the awesome work

i am going to get Tosha Go, and it's going to look like an accident... because, she stole my newspaper.