Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:57 AM
Connecting hair/scalp to head/face
I'm trying to mesh some hair and so far it's going alright but I'm not sure how to attach the hair to the head without warping the face. What I want to do is not combine/join the points but I want them to overlap each other and still be separate...

I'd also like to do this in milkshape preferably.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
I'm trying to mesh some hair and so far it's going alright but I'm not sure how to attach the hair to the head without warping the face. What I want to do is not combine/join the points but I want them to overlap each other and still be separate...

I'd also like to do this in milkshape preferably.

Anyone at all?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 3:15 PM
Why do you want them to still be separate? Just don't use Weld.

Drag the few points you have to where the neck is. Since the gap is already so small, and you are about to make it smaller, go ahead and use Snap on them so they will be in exactly the same place.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Why do you want them to still be separate? Just don't use Weld.

Drag the few points you have to where the neck is. Since the gap is already so small, and you are about to make it smaller, go ahead and use Snap on them so they will be in exactly the same place.

I have used snap before but it moves the points on the face as well. (by separate I meant the face and hair and I didn't want the two points to come together as one.)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:21 AM
Or, drag your hair points inside the face. As this isn't being 3D printed, you don't need to make it watertight, so sufficiently overlapping will give you the same effect you need for the hair.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Or, drag your hair points inside the face. As this isn't being 3D printed, you don't need to make it watertight, so sufficiently overlapping will give you the same effect you need for the hair.

I got it thanks.