Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:21 AM Last edited by cyberzombieprincess : 17th Nov 2017 at 6:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a few details about CC
Default I'm back - with a sim (which I made ages ago but never posted)!
Hi you all awesome creators! I know I've been -dead silent- but I am still alive and kicking!

Now, I never contributed to the sim creating, I only drew what, three pictures and a horseish creature. But now I am here, and I have a sim made

*gasp*

She looks rather "human" though, apart from the gray skin and blue freckles. I'll post pictures down below.

Also, all of you who create sims and animals, you're doing an awesome job and I love seeing how it has progressed! :lovestruc

I have two screenshots of my sim - both in CAS, unedited and with a few details photoshopped onto a screenshot from Uranesia, which I found on Nilxis Tumblr. The photoshopped details include turquoise dots on collarbones, neck and eyebrow as well as the small detail under her lower lip.

The hair, necklace and freckles are all CC which have been lying around on my laptop for years, the freckles too which I take absolutely no credit for, obviously. <3

My sim, slightly photoshopped

My sim, in CAS

Now, I know she doesn't look a lot like the rest of the uranesians, because I don't have a lot of sliders for my game and hence I can't get all of the facial features right but I did what I could!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:11 PM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 8th Jan 2018 at 4:00 PM.
@cyberzombieprincess

I know I already said this to you ages ago, but beautiful work here! I wish that face paint was an actual CC item. I really hope you get around to remaking her soon. And thanks for the pep talk, I needed it.

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great holiday and a New Year. The entire world needs a glass, or ten after 2017. What a year .

I haven't been able to do everything I've wanted as quickly as I wanted due to time constraints, but I'm trying.

Anyway, I finally have an update for you and it's a big one with lots of pictures, if anyone's interested *sigh*. No skin news yet, but it's coming. I put a lot of work into this update.

GHOSTS AND FAMILY TREES
Nilxis' most recent post made me wonder… Does anyone know how many generations/ ghosts can you get away with for townies before a town gets laggy? For a while now I have been mapping out detailed family trees for all the sims I have created (the largest so far 4 generations). I haven't made the sims yet (for obvious reasons), but I have a family trees in mind for all of them. Where is the safe zone?

COLOR AND CLOTHING
Clothing changes as promised;

URANESIAN EQUINES

Below is a download of Noutnout, Tiil, and Yuit. I am quite terrible at making animals, but if anyone wants them, or would like to use them as a base, you're welcome to it. Yuit uses 1 CC item. So if you want to keep the no hair look, it's there.
Pictures are provided so you can choose which one(s) you want.

NEW SIMS
Stories by me blah blah... meh.

Priestess Outfit Variations:
As mentioned before, the outfit in question is only available for YA and AD so until I, or a gracious volunteer, get around to modding it for all ages and both sexes, I'll just have to make due for the time being by using other clothing options for the other age groups.

I made multiple variations of the moon priestess outfits before I settled on these two. They were designed with a certain room in mind. I felt that variation 1 went more with the overall interior of the moon temple, but cyberzombieprincess felt like variation 2 was better thematically. Let me know which you like better.

Here's some pictures and the meaning behind both;

Which should I use?

SHOTS OF URANESIAN'S IN URANESIA
And to finish, forty some odd pics of Uranesia and Uranesians.

That's all for now. Please feel free to offer me… anything, really. Post again soon.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Equines.rar (1.27 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Horses: Noutnout, Tiil, and Yuit
Mad Poster
#78 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:02 PM
Wonderful pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:26 AM
@daisylee
Uranesia is truly beautiful! :lovestruc
It's an honor to share a piece of that with you guys.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:47 PM
Cannot wait until we all have this someday.
Test Subject
#81 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:51 PM
FuruFuruu! Amazing work and it is great (very much so) to see so much ideas! It makes me really happy & also that you put the things I mentioned to you into considderation

Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
COLOR AND CLOTHING
Clothing changes as promised;

I personally feel they look much better now when there is a bit more yellow in the basecolour! Because I can imagine their clothing being made of linen for example, because linen is a very good fabric to maintain cool in warmer climates, and I don't know really about Uranesia climate, but if there is a jungle and such - it's rather warm, and uh, that word that it is when it's sort of misty and the air is sort of wet? I can't remember (isn't it easy to tell English isn't my first language lol?) and linen has a naturally beige ish colour. You get linen from the flax plant, but not only you can make clothing you can als o get oils and food from that plant, so I could imagine Uranesians using it since they live in the mountains and proably not trade a lot with others for cloths and certain foods. Plus the leftovers from making the oils is linseed meal, which is very good for feeding livestock! So I wish Flax plants were a thing in game... Uranesia could use them a lot just like use-wise.
I have no idea if flax would even actually grow in Uranesia though, I'm no botanican...
URANESIAN EQUINES

Pretty animals!
I actually like them a lot - although I would dare go a little bit more crazy with colors maybe a dark green or blue for Noutnout and a dash of more red in Yuits base. Other than that they are really lovely animals and they, just like your sims,really have that Uranesian vibe! Amazing Job!!

NEW SIMS

Okay these are gorgeous. I love love love the face details! It's beautiful. I always find the smallest details to make the biggest difference, and this here, this proves it even more. It's like barely there, but you still see it makes such a huge difference! I don't have anything to say other than WOW.

My personal story for the moon priestess sect goes as follows; In order to become a moon priestess a baby girl has to be born on a certain day during a certain year/time of year. Upon which, a ceremony would be held in which the parents would offer their baby girl to the priestesses to become a moon priestess. This is considered a great honor for the family and the child. This is the same thing for sun priests (If Nilxis is going to have it). Where every other monk-hood and priest-dom would be a matter of choice, these moon and sun would be a matter of birth. Just a thought.

Use or lose, you guys choose.

A certain day during a certain year would be near impossible so maybe a certain day each year or something, other than that I really like the idea of it being a matter of birth, but after all, it is all Nilxis who decides on this!

Priestess Outfit Variations:

cyberzombieprincess and I discussed at length the meaning behind these outfits. She favored variation 2, and I 1. Her thoughts behind 2 was that there should be white to emphasize purity. That the arduous process of bleaching a garb to a pure white is a testament to the honor. White is hard to make and harder to wear. The white in their clothing displays that. I added to her thought by pointing to the midnight-black also there in the outfit, and the purity is not just expressed in the white but in the duality itself (similar to the concept of yin yang). The dark and the light are both pure. And both are necessary to see all shades in between.

Which should I use?

I'm going to be keep saying what I always said version two in my opinion, because thte first thing that instantly strike me is that when I think "moon priestess" is light, bright and pure clothing that reflect the moon and the purity - white, silver, blue and light grays. The hat is amazing and should be kept though, it's insane. Because the hat is moon-priestess-specific. As we figured, white requires a lot of work to get a garment ready to wear, and that way the clothing will clearly show what they are, even if it doesn't go 100% with interior. Because if it is a matter of birth, being a moon priestess would be a very prestigefilled thing, and their clothing should reflect the prestiigefulness and holiness.

I totally agree on midnight black for pants and clothing based on cycles though. It's an awesome idea right there!

Overall: I love this post a lot. 11/10 or something. It's so much new ideas, so much creativity! Amazing! These are just my opinions on things though, but I really love your sims and animals and everything and I can't wait for your next update even if it is just a "hi" lol. It's nice with this type of engagement. People from all over the world working together to achieve something mega-awesome! <3

//Cyber <3
Test Subject
#82 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 6:07 AM
Default Bring on the 🧀
@daisylee
Agreed!

@cyberzombieprincess
Quote: Originally posted by cyberzombieprincess
& also that you put the things I mentioned to you into consideration

First of all, you're my friend, but secondly the style is largely based on your drawings, of course I'm going to always put you in consideration. You are the inspiration; your voice matters. And beyond that you are my motivator. You are always helping and encouraging me. The least I can do is follow along with the advice from that big brain of yours lol.

I personally feel they look much better now when there is a bit more yellow in the base colour! Because I can imagine their clothing being made of linen... linen is a very good fabric to maintain cool in warmer climates... you can als o get oils and food from that plant, so I could imagine Uranesians using it.... Plus the leftovers from making the oils is linseed meal, which is very good for feeding livestock! So I wish Flax plants were a thing in game...

Wow, I love love this idea! I didn't even know all this stuff about flax. I actually think there is a flax plant in The Sims! In the build tab under plants. I really hope Nilxis decides to utilize this!

I'm no botanican...

You sure? I get the idea that you're one of those people that can pick their own mushrooms in the forest. Lol.

Pretty animals!
I actually like them a lot - although I would dare go a little bit more crazy with colors maybe a dark green or blue for Noutnout and a dash of more red in Yuits base...

Aw shucks! And you are absolutely right that they do need more color! CAP is so completely different from CAS. I have a hard time in it, especially with color. That being said, it did take me years to become comfortable in CAS . RylandHomes seems to be quite proficient in CAP. Maybe you and Ryland can upgrade them? Perhaps I'll give it another go too.

Okay these are gorgeous. I love love love the face details! It's beautiful. I always find the smallest details to make the biggest difference, and this here, this proves it even more. It's like barely there, but you still see it makes such a huge difference! I don't have anything to say other than WOW.

You noticed!! I think no one will ever notice because it's such minut details, but you noticed! I really try to hone in on details because we're not working with a lot of CC or makeup options, so I compensate by putting as many details texturally into the sims as possible. I'm not the best sim-maker by far, but I can fake it with the details lol. When I work with accessories, I go back to your drawings and all the details; the beading, the color variations, the woodwork, the feathers, the patterns and symbols, I try to implement that. We may not have your drawings in CC form, but I can take those textural intricacies into mind. Like Vrindat's earrings/hairsticks and Kanti's hairbands. Just because we're working with limited CC doesn't mean I can't give each sim a personal touch.

A certain day during a certain year would be near impossible so maybe a certain day each year or something, other than that I really like the idea of it being a matter of birth, but after all, it is all Nilxis who decides on this!

You're right!I'm forgetting we're working with a relatively small population here.

I'm going to keep saying what I always said version two in my opinion, because the first thing that instantly strike me is that when I think "moon priestess" is light, bright and pure clothing that reflect the moon and the purity - white, silver, blue and light grays...

I'd say you've largely swayed me lol. I was already heavily leaning in your direction after our discussion (especially that bleaching thing I really love that idea), but the interior was really making me think Nilxis may be going for a different look. Plus, I do kinda' like the lines on the first pattern (they break up all those dots). And then I had taken all those pictures in the yellow and I was just too exhausted to reshoot them.

Overall: I love this post a lot. 11/10 or something. It's so much new ideas, so much creativity! Amazing! These are just my opinions on things though, but I really love your sims and animals and everything and I can't wait for your next update even if it is just a "hi" lol. It's nice with this type of engagement. People from all over the world working together to achieve something mega-awesome! <3

I don't know what to say to this I'm just so humbled by your praise. I know its cliche but I'm at a loss for words here.
You didn't even have to respond because you already have helped me so much.
Even if you gave me 2 out of 10 the fact that you put so much time into helping me, I would be immensely grateful for that 2. It has been very quiet here lately but however spoken or silent, I know I'm part of the team, and so very proud to be on yours.

Sincerely,
🧀
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 13th Jan 2018 at 12:04 PM.
Hello, happy new year everyone!
I'll try to comment everything that has to be addressed and not miss anything:
(btw @FuruFuruu thanks for the great organization in all your posts, they are hella long (hey I love it!) and thanks to that I don't get lost replying :P)

GHOSTS AND FAMILY TREES: I have absolutely no idea either
Are you thinking about adding ghosts within the population? I'd love to have some ghosts, but there are known problems related to adding ghosts when populating worlds: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...sts_.26_Mummies
Offering a save file would be safe, but it's not my favorite option to include population in a world. However in Uranesia's case it might be the only option, depending on how complex we want population to be, I guess we'll see that in the future.

COLOR AND CLOTHING I agree 100% with @Cyber! You got rid completely of any kind of futuristic reminiscence and made it all more vibrant, fitting and realistic production-wise. Now the straight lines don't look out of place. Great job!!
So, what should it be? Before, after, or neither.

AFTEEEEEER

URANESIAN EQUINES: Thanks for putting them up! I personally like Tiil the most, it has that Uranesian vibe As Cyber says, going for crazier colors would be great, but as a base they are really good.

NEW SIMS: Your sims are art, and the story is very nice, I love it! I agree with Cyber, each one them seem to have a unique personality just by looking at their faces (my sims look all the same so I admire your skills a lot). The face painting is excellent! And they have a unique beauty I have never seen, not on this planet, so it's perfect for Uranesia :P

I can see the inspiration from Cyber's sketches!

Use or lose, you guys choose.

Use! (with Cyber's little correction)

This is the same thing for sun priests (If Nilxis is going to have it)

I think I will The story would work very well with them too.

My thinking is certain religious sects may have all male/female followers. Other's will have a mix of male and female. For example, in Nilxis' most recent update he mentioned graveyard monks. I was thinking the graveyard monks could perhaps be a male only clergy?

That's a good idea, I was imagining the graveyard monks to be a male community, but after you mentioned the sun priests I think it would be more interesting to make the sun community a male only one (to mark the opposition sun/moon) and make the graveyard community a mixed one. What do you think?

OUTFIT VARIATIONS: Well, first of all let me tell you I'm amazed by how well you've managed to incorporate all the night sky elements so nicely. These are the details that make the difference, and the fact that they are coordinated tih the world and its story... nice clothes, nice colors, nice patterns and a story behind, I can ask no more. (I also adore the hat as well!)
Now, the big decision. I want to say that for this I want you to have the main voice and the final choice, since you created them. If you ask me, maybe the colors in Variation 1 blend together a bit more, but I'm kinda more fond of Variation 2 too. In this case, since the clothing tells a story, colors that stand out more are best. Also I feel that since this is the moon temple, the white top symbolizing night sky elements is more representative, the focus is on the night. And it also has that purity element Cyber talks about. So I'd say Variation 2 as well

I actually think there is a flax plant in The Sims! In the build tab under plants. I really hope Nilxis decides to utilize this!

I don't think I've ever seen it But there are plenty of plants in Uranesia that one could imagine can be turned into textiles :P

Finally, I want to say that I love the pictures of the Sims in the different Uranesian spaces. When I'm building, the world is always deserted. Seeing sims around it brings it to life

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:35 PM
@Nilxis
I just want to start by saying thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
Thanks for the great organization in all your posts, they are hella long (hey I love it!) and thanks to that I don’t get lost replying :P)

And here I was trying for brevity lol. It's nice to know somebody likes trudging through my 40-page manifestos.

Thanks for noticing the organization! You're very welcome. You know, before I was involved in this project, I did not realize how much work you put into just posting an update Nilxis. I knew the world building part is a lot of work, but posting updates is a lot of work too. Still would rather do this than world build though . Your job is not one that I envy. I am horrendous at world building.
__
GHOSTS AND FAMILY TREES:
I have absolutely no idea either
Are you thinking about adding ghosts within the population? I’d love to have some ghosts, but there are known problems related to adding ghosts when populating worlds: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...sts_.26_Mummies
Offering a save file would be safe, but it’s not my favorite option to include population in a world. However in Uranesia’s case it might be the only option, depending on how complex and we want population to be, I guess we’ll see that in the future.

Yeah, I know about the corruption when adding ghosts to a world file . I had no idea about mummies though. I thought you planned to offer a save file, but I understand what you mean.

Yes, I was thinking of adding ghosts, maybe about 30 or so; deceased family members, the deceased royal family, and perhaps a few ancient Uranesians. Although conversely, we could still have a single ancient Uranesian with a cursed unnaturally long life or something.

I will continue to make the family trees on paper just in case. Depending on what you do, I can rewrite/change some things if need be. Whatever you decide to do, I support.

Btw thanks for this link! I had no idea about min and max careers per world.

COLOR AND CLOTHING:
I to agree 100% with @Cyber! You got rid completely of any kind of futuristic reminiscence and made it all more vibrant, fitting and realistic production-wise. Now the straight lines don’t look out of place. Great job!!

Really?? F*** yeah! Nailed it!

URANESIAN EQUINES:
Thanks for putting them up! I personally like Tiil the most, it has that Uranesian vibe As Cyber says, going for crazier colors would be great, but as a base they are really good.

Thank you! They still need some work, but I'm glad they’re not a complete failure.

NEW SIMS:
Your sims are art, and the story is very nice, I love it! I agree with Cyber, each one them seem to have a unique personality just by looking at their faces (my sims look all the same so I admire your skills a lot). The face painting is excellent! And they have a unique beauty I have never seen, not on this planet, so it’s perfect for Uranesia :P

I said this before, but you guys' encouragement and appreciation is what keeps me going. However stressed out I was trying to get out this post out, it was worth it.

I can see the inspiration from Cyber’s sketches.

Always.

SUN PRIESTS & GRAVEYARD MONKS:
Quote: Originally posted by Furufuruu
This is the same thing for sun priests (If Nilxis is going to have it)

I think I will The story would work very well with them too.

Wow… . I can’t believe it!?!??@&#^#& Wait, does that mean you’re making a sun temple too?? I don’t know what other temples you plan on making, I hope my "bright" (L for the pun) idea doesn’t conflict with fire/lava temples/entities you’ve planned out.

It really means a lot to me that you encourage and include some of my ideas!

I know I'm always dropping some lore here lmao. And I’m seriously not trying to overstep my bounds, but I can't help it. I am constantly writing lore in my head to accompany yours.

That’s a good idea, I was imagining the graveyard monks to be a male community, but after you mentioned the sun priests I think it would be more interesting to make the sun a male only community (to mark the opposition sun/moon) and make the graveyard community a mixed one. What do you think?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! They would be sun priests instead of priestesses. As far as the monks, even though I was thinking all male, I think a mixed clergy would work well too! Maybe different living quarters for males and females?

MOON PRIESTESS & OUTFIT VARIATIONS:
Well, first of all let me tell you I’m amazed by how well you’ve managed to incorporate all the night sky elements so nicely. These are the details that make the difference, and the fact that they are coordinated tih the world and its story... nice clothes, nice colors, nice patterns and a story behind, I can ask no more. (I also adore the hat as well!)

Now, the big decision. I want to say that for this I want you to have the main voice and the final choice, since you created them. If you ask me, maybe the colors in Variation 1 blend together a bit more, but I’m kinda more fond of Variation 2 too. In this case, since the clothing tells a story, colors that stand out more are best. Also I feel that since this is the moon temple, the white top symbolizing night sky elements is more representative, the focus is on the night. And it also has that purity element Cyber talks about. So I’d say Variation 2 as well

Yeah yeah yeah, everyone likes variation 2. Fine you guys. I hear you loud and clear :P.

In all seriousness, I didn't know if you had another direction in mind since the interior had such a unique design scheme, but now I know the direction is largely in my hands.

FLAX PLANTS:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen it But there are plenty of plants in Uranesia that one could imagine can be turned into textiles :P

I lied! There is flax in the game, however it is a wildflower. So we can't use it. My mistake! But you're right Nilxis, we can definitely use a different plant!
__
Thank you, I know I say it a lot, but that's because I can't say it enough. I have so much to be thankful for. From the honor of being part of this project, to the help and direction I always receive from you. Just... thank you lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 7:35 PM
You're welcome! I appreciate your help very much

Yes, I was thinking of adding ghosts, maybe about 30 or so; deceased family members, the deceased royal family, and perhaps a few ancient Uranesians. Although conversely, we could still have a single ancient Uranesian with a cursed unnaturally long life or something.

Isn't that a lot of ghosts? Well, I actually don't know how much is too many. I'd love to have that many ghosts, of different types, but we need to make sure that won't affect performance
I think your ideas about ancient Uranesians are interesting, I definitely will have to think more about that!

Wait, does that mean you’re making a sun temple too?? I don’t know what other temples you plan on making, I hope my "bright" (L for the pun) idea doesn’t conflict with fire/lava temples/entities you’ve planned out.

Oh yes I am! I haven't thought very much about other temples (yes, I plan a lot as I go), but I'll find a way to make everyting fit together.

It really means a lot to me that you encourage and include some of my ideas! I know I'm always dropping some lore here lmao. And I’m seriously not trying to overstep my bounds, but I can't help it. I am constantly writing lore in my head to accompany yours.

Good ideas are always welcome! :P

I think a mixed clergy would work well too! Maybe different living quarters for males and females?

I would have to change the whole interior distribution for that, but in the monastery there are different bedrooms, so we can imagine they aren't mixed.

Field Researcher
#86 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:46 PM
Hey guys I know I've been on a bit of a hiatus, but I'm just dropping in to say I've uploaded the family file for the Ikaia Family. I'll soon update their post with their story and newer pictures!

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...067#post5257067

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 5:58 AM
Look who's back! Awesome, looking forward to see the update .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 6:21 PM
They look great, thanks Ryland!

Field Researcher
#89 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:03 PM Last edited by RylandHomes : 15th Jun 2018 at 3:38 AM.
UPDATE TIME

Hello everyone! I'm here to deliver quite a bit for a good update. It's definitely overdue. @Nilxis , I can't wait to see what you think
I haven't been able to post as often as I'd like, so due to the long period of time that it's been since my last post, I have quite a bit that I have been working on over the last few months. I've been taking the time to explore and play in Uranesia as often as possible, and have saved some patterns that I found in the world into my CAS patterns to incorporate into fashion. I have one more family that is mostly finished, except for their story, and I'm posting a few other families that are in the works. I feel like I'm coming to a creative block with some of their clothing, so some feedback and input would be appreciated!

Attached files:
File Type: zip  Equine Pack.zip (445.3 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This Equine pack includes the Bovine-like equine, the giraffe-like equine, Nortari, and my Uranesian Wild Horse all in one.
File Type: zip  Canine Pack - lite.zip (1.26 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This Canine pack is lite. It includes only 2 breeds, the Alomoa individually, and the Punda individually, as well as the both of them together in one family file (if you want one and not the other). This file does not contain the Hound Dog or the Muko Kom
File Type: zip  AnekoFamily.zip (8.96 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This file includes the family file for the Aneko Family. Includes two sims; one adult female, and one male child.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Mad Poster
#90 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:31 PM
Love the looks of both horse-like creatures but those dogs look a little weird.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:30 PM
Hi Ryland! Nice to see you back
First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to create all this, and for posting it here. Here’s my feedback:

EQUINES
Bovine: I see some improvement, but I have to say I’m not really a fan of this one… I don’t really see it for Uranesia if I’m honest...
Nortari: I love it, it’s my favorite! I can definitely see it living in the Uranesian jungle
Horse: Nice, good job!

CANINES
I love them both! If I have to say something, maybe the Alomoa’s face looks a bit wide from the front, but just a tiny bit. The rest looks great.

SIMS
Ok, before I comment on the sims and the families there are some things I have to say regarding the population and the creation of Sims in general. There was little feedback and activity in the thread during the past months, but @FuruFuruu, @cyberzombieprincess and I were eager to continue the work, so we’ve been doing some planning. Mainly Furuu, she has come up with a very detailed plan for the families, and right now it’s all pretty much arranged. She said she wanted to post an update of that soon, so I’d like to see how can we integrate your sims with what she has planned. Basically how we can make it all work together
Also I wanted to say (for anyone who wants to help), that there are many things about the world that I haven’t decided or thought deeply about, things that reflect on the population, like the stories for example. I see you are trying to come up with stories for the families, and I encourage you to do that if it helps you create them, but I can’t guarantee I can include everything as it is now in the final version (like a family with the exact same members, or the house you have chosen for them, the story, etc). Some things may not end up fitting my plans, so I just wanted to be clear that at this point it’s difficult for me to tell, but I’ll try to include as much as I can.
That’s it, I hope Furuu can post about her planning soon so we can figure out things better.

Now I’m going to comment on your Sims! Overall, great job Thanks again for the effort you’ve put into this, they look nice!

There are some things I would change though. I think their eyes are too big and curved, it looks too fantastic on some of them. I would make all the eyes smaller, narrower (not that open), and only slighly curved. Some of the mouths and lips also look too big in my opinion, I’d make them a bit smaller. The rest of facial features look good! (but I don’t see the grey veins, do they have them?)

About hair, I don’t really like Kalepo Tamatoa’s moustache to be honest, and I’m not very sure about Amoka Palakiko’s turban. But I love the rest of hairstyles!

Finally about clothes, I like most of them, but I think some of the clothes and the colors you’ve chosen don’t look really like what imagined for farmers/fishermen. Particularly Kalepo’s, Talalelei’s, Noa’s and Amoka’s clothes, I think they are too colorful and “rich”. The rest of Sims I think are fine, they look great!

That’s all, I know I’m picky so I apologize for that, but in general it’s a great update

Theorist
#92 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:06 PM
I’m really liking those animals. Well done!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#93 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:13 AM
I love the Bovine horse (hippopatamus looking animal) it looks so Alien. Like something that could be found on the Avatar World.
Test Subject
#94 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:44 PM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 29th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM.
@Rylandholmes
I really love the animals my favorite is Bovine and Punda, in fact for Bovine I'd go even crazier with the colors and markinings! Think birds! Even with the dogs too!

I love the patterns you used for the outfits. Especially for Kalani in particular. And I wouldn't mind giving you some tips for them moving forward if you'd like? I've been trying to strike up discussion and suggestions on this very thing in the forum.

_______
@Everyone
Hello everyone!
Mainly Furuu, she has come up with a very detailed plan for the families, and right now it’s all pretty much arranged. She said she wanted to post an update of that soon, so I’d like to see how can we integrate your sims with what she has planned.

I'm sorry I don’t have an update for anyone concerning this. I fear this was a miscommunication between Nilxis and myself as we are still in the planning stages. I have a rough outline but it’s certainly isn’t cohesive enough to share. What I can provide you though is some insight on what I've discussed with Nilxis and cyberzombieprinces concerning the population, class system, career paths, the economy, and the performance of the game.

If this sounds like a boring ass post feel free to skip because it is lol. I’m going to be talking mostly about the mechanics of the game and the limitations we have on the population and shit like that.

I'd like to add that I am no expert. All this stuff I just read and researched on my own. If you see any errors please feel free to correct me.

Let’s start with the maximum amount of sims in a world before performance is affected. There isn’t an exact consensus, as it depends largely on your PC and it’s performance. However, I've read it’s anywhere from 100-180 sims. NRAAS has a cutoff of 150. So that’s the number that we discussed to have in the Uranesia.

So, 150. That’s what we have to work with. Now we have to evenly distribute careers and class (upper class, middle class, and lower class) between this 150. Seems like enough right? Perhaps. But this is a very small number to work with regarding what is currently planned for the world. Let me tell you why.

CAREERS:
How do careers come into play?

There have been quite a number of careers that we have discussed for Uranesia. In the Uranesia World Thread, careers and custom careers was brought up by Chihara000 and later by tizerist who posted a link for the Medieval Replacement Careers by Inga. However the mod is outdated and no longer works (I should probably mention that in the other thread since people keep asking for it). Anyway since then Nilxis, cyberzombieprincess, and myself have discussed careers in Uranesia at length.

Here are the EA careers we've discussed using;
-Culinary
-Medical
-Architectural Designer?
-Education
-Stylist
-Acrobat
-Magician
-Fortune Teller
-Bookstore Clerk?
-Grocery Store Clerk
-Mausoleum Clerk
-Alchemist
-Gardener
-Inventor
-Nectar Maker
-Painter
-Sculptor
-Writer?

In addition to the careers that EA has in place, we have discussed about 14 different potential custom careers. They are not set in stone and are open to suggestion.

Custom careers are as follows;
-Academic
-Beekeeper
-Builder (lockworker and stoneworker branches)
-Fishmonger (Angler & Diver branches)
-Hunter
-Mariner (Pirate & Sailor branches)
-Military (City Guard & Soldier branches)
-Priest/Bishop (Some religious profession)
-Street Performer (Magician & Acrobat branches)
-Bard
-Weaver
-Miner
-Smith
-Servants (are registered as unemployed)

There are also some jobs that you MUST have in the game. You don't have a say in the matter. I’m not going to discuss those at length but they are NPC service roles. If you don't make your own custom NPC service pool, then the game will automatically spawn sims or force unemployed Sims into these roles.

So taking all this into account we have 150 potential sims and 32 potential careers.

BALANCING CAREERS:
Basically in order for each career to work well, and for players to have a functioning and interactive job experience, there should be a certain amount of sims in each job. If there are too little, or no sims, challenges do not spawn properly and Story Progression forces sims into inappropriate jobs as the player does not have an adequate amount of co-workers/bosses. And if there are too many, well, the field is oversaturated. I won't get into it too much but if you want to read more in depth about everything I'm talking about you can find it here; http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/CAW_P...Your_Population.

JOB DISTRIBUTION AND POPULATION:
Now, based on everything I just detailed, I’ll give you guys a scenario of how 150 is really not as large as it may seem using the number of sims and our career options.

So we have three groups of sims in this world: the people in the city, the Pirates, and the sims on the outskirts. Out of these 150 potential workers not everyone can work.

Let’s start with children and retired elders, these people effectively do not work or contribute in any way to the economy. Let’s make a rough estimate and say they make up a third of the population. So now we’re down to 100 potential people in the workforce.

However we cannot forget about pirates as due to the location they will have limited job pool. So let’s subtract 16. Now we have a 84.

People on the outskirts also do not contribute to the workforce due to their location or possibly their role/function to the world/story. Let's say there are 10 (this is a very conservative estimate) of these people. So now we're down to 74.

People who are part of royalty or reside in the palace have no job. They are Kings, Queens, etc., and they contribute absolutely nothing to the society. They basically sit on their asses all day. Nilxis has detailed around 10. So now we are down to 64 between 32 job pools.

Do you see just how much we've shrunk down to? And as I stated earlier, this is me being conservative.

Essentially this is what I have been working on and what Nilxis is referring to.

I've been trying to find a way to balance the population with the jobs and trying to see which jobs are necessary and unnecessary. I can’t give you guys a concrete diagram or spreadsheet, but at least you guys know the gist of what Nilxis is talking about and what's been going on.
Test Subject
#95 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:11 AM
@FuruFuruu- most awesome! Do people even say that anymore? lol

Anyway, I like everything that i read in your post! I def want my sims who is an acrobat by day and pirate by night, if at all possible. I know I've been gone from the thread but is the status quo of Uranesia restrictive or more liberal? For example, something similar to the Victorian moral code where it is unthinkable for someone of high social standing to associate with someone from the lower class? Or is more liberal in a hippie/one-love kind of thing where despite class order everyone are friends, holding hands, and singing some Simlish version of Kumbaya?? If the former, excellent because I would love for Nilxis to include a hidden tomb that reveals some sordid past secrets involving an upper class Uranesian and a lower class Uranesian, with a tale of lust, greed, and murder!!

Too dark? Sorry but I've already have my storyline for Uranesia set up and the more I can use for my Uranesian story that's for the most part already available in Uranesia, the better!!

Awesome job as usual, everyone!!! :lovestruc
Theorist
#96 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:36 AM
In what way do those medieval careers not work? They worked last time I checked on game version 1.67

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#97 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AussieMe
Hi all! So I've said this before, but I've been following this project for quite some time now. I've also wanted to try out making some Uranesian's for quite some time, so uhh.. I did! But before I post any photos, I just wanna say that I absolutely adore everyone else's sims so far! Everyone has such different styles and it's so cool seeing them all! Also cyberzombieprincess's sketches are gorgeous, and I used them for inspiration.

My sim probably looks a little mundane in comparison to the sims that everyone else has made, but I still had fun making her! I took both a front-on and sideways pic, plus one of her clothes (which really don't match her, but oh well. They also cover up all of her tattoos but again, oh well, ahaha)

So basically I tried to take into account everything that Nilxis said about the features, and based mine heavily on his sims as far as colouring. But beware that I used a fair amount of cc when it came to the makeup, because one issue I find with really dark skinned sims (which this particular issue has been brought up before) is that features can be a little harder to see, especially when out of CAS, and a few facial overlays can make the face more visible. But I do understand that the final sims will probably have little to no custom makeup. I also have quite a lot of sliders installed, so this girly has been modified quite a bit.

Now there was one thing I was wondering, and that is about the skin markings. Are they supposed to be like a natural thing that is just a part of the Uranesian's skin? Or are they tattoos that get put there that represent certain things (like social standing, achievements, careers, etc.)? Or paint, much like what the Nora Tribe from the game Horizon Zero Dawn have got going on? (also while that has come up, that could be another possible source of inspiration. It's a beautiful game, and while I don't think it's quite what you had in mind, it could still serve useful. Not necessarily the general open world, but the town type areas, if that's even what they could be called.)

A picture of the face markings from Horizon Zero Dawn.

Okay, well thanks for taking a look at my sim! I hope I uploaded the images correctly, I'm not used to this so sorry if I did it all wrong!

I adore this sim!! I especially love her eyes, which custom eyes are you using?
Field Researcher
#98 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 5:56 AM
Hey, I saw the color scheme of white hair, grey skin, and yellow eyes, and I threw this sim together No custom content aside from 4 sliders
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 1:47 PM
Hello everyone!
It’s been a while since I posted here. I have to update you all on how’s everything regarding the creation of the population because during all this time there have been important changes, and of course I also have to reply to the latest posts. But first of all I owe you an apology for getting back to you so late, I should have posted this much earlier so I’m sorry for that.

As I briefly mentioned in my post from last June, this thread used to be quite active (around 2017) with different people contributing with sims and feedback, but then it got to a point in which during several months it became almost inactive contribution-wise (I want to clarify that this is totally fine, we do this for fun and no one is obliged to commit to this long-term, or short-term, and I’m grateful for all the help whatever it is). So at that time, @cyberzombieprincess, @FuruFuruu and I started talking about how inactive it was, and how we were very excited about continuing the work and the planning. So we started discussing some of this stuff privately because the thread was very quiet (Late 2017/early 2018). It wasn’t really the plan at first, but we ended up really accelerating the whole thing, we were very eager to work on it and it just happened. And here is where I have to apologize again because even if there was no apparent activity, I could have posted some updates. And because of that, being more focused on CAW/building and other life stuff, I haven’t been posting enough. This led to some confusion when @RylandHomes posted in June, I didn’t know if his update would conflict with the planning work that had been done by Furuu, but everything was sorted out and I sent him a PM regarding this. However, since I see that there’s been some recent activity I have to let you all know about the current situation.

During the lapse in activity the population of Uranesia has been in the works, it’s not finished yet but there’s a lot of newer stuff and some changes. This is the first change, a decision I made together with Furuu: considering her very hard work planning out many different aspects about the population and her initiative since the very beginning, I’ve put her in charge of the population creation and design. I’m still in charge of the general project, of course, but now the population planning has really taken off and I can’t focus on the population as much as I focus on CAW/building. What about the work that has been done? Furuu has created a super detailed planning for the entire population of the world, that means:

-every single household
-the specific number of sims they contain
-age/gender/occupation for each sim
-relatives
-the lot where they live
-stories
-a specific CC list
-and more

(depending on the household these planning aspects can be more or less restrictive)

She explained some of that more in detail on her latest post. And besides that, we’re still working on cutting down the population numbers a bit more, she’s even had to delete some of her own sims that she made to do so. As you can see, this is some serious work and it’s key for balancing the population, so it has to be preserved.

And this brings us to a new scenario. At the beginning, when I created the thread, there was no real planning for the population, it was more about brainstorming and because of that there was a lot more freedom. Amazing ideas were brought up and that allowed to create some standards for the population, but the planning was still not defined. The difference is that now it is, and it’s very detailed. So now that the world is closer to its completion everything should go according to the plan. This means that sim creation now is much more specific, which leaves less room for creativity, pretty much only for CAS and to some degree only because there needs to be cohesion.

But as I said, not all the households have been created yet, so you can still create sims for Uranesia. Just keep in mind that the parameters are much more specific now, which I’ll admit it might feel quite restrictive. But if anyone is down for it, let us now and we’ll share all the necessary details. And we’ll still be posting updates because we’re still looking forward to feedback and suggestions to improve our work!

That was all I needed to address, and I apologize again for the lack of clarity and activity.

@TSOgeology101, Uranesian society can be a bit restrictive in some aspects, but I won’t go into much detail about it because we would be getting in spoiler territory for the challenge and story All I’m going to say is there is going to be tombs, definitely. And just keep in mind that you can ultimately play the world the way you want, of course, but I’m designing it to be played in a specific way, so anything other than that is possible but might not make sense in some aspects because pretty much everything in Uranesia is a product of a specific story or event.

@Kylaaab, This sim looks great! I’m glad you were inspired and decided to make your own, nice job! If you want to participate in the sim creation let us know, but in that case, as I just explained, you would need to make some adjustments. She would need some more work in order to match the style of the other sims, and we should look at the different households and the rest of details to cover some available spot.

Field Researcher
#100 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:51 PM
@Kylaaab, This sim looks great! I’m glad you were inspired and decided to make your own, nice job! If you want to participate in the sim creation let us know, but in that case, as I just explained, you would need to make some adjustments. She would need some more work in order to match the style of the other sims, and we should look at the different households and the rest of details to cover some available spot.

I would love it if I could participate in sim creation and fill any extra spaces where sims need to be that haven't been created yet, but I don't want to see the world before it's done, sims and all, so I could just post downloads of the simfiles for the other, more invested, Uranesia sim makers to incorporate in order to lessen the load of the multitude of sims..? If that's okay with them and you, that is. I can add links to this post if I'm given the okay by you and the other dedicated sim-creators in this thread.

Also, what in particular should I change to make her fit more? I'll make all necessary changes if everyone is okay with incorporating the sim-uranesian, or any future sim-uranesians I may make.
Page 4 of 5