Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:23 AM
Default Vampires age like normal Sims
I was wondering if anyone had any resources or links to learn how to edit the aging XML files, as I want to make it so that my Sims of the Vampire variety age like normal. Is this possible, or just a pipe dream? There was a vampire aging mod but it hasn't been updated for the Nov. 7th patch, and I'd just figured I'd try and learn how to do it myself. Any help?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolpengi10
I was wondering if anyone had any resources or links to learn how to edit the aging XML files, as I want to make it so that my Sims of the Vampire variety age like normal. Is this possible, or just a pipe dream? There was a vampire aging mod but it hasn't been updated for the Nov. 7th patch, and I'd just figured I'd try and learn how to do it myself. Any help?

It's very easy, actually, there's only one tuning file involved in blocking vampires from aging.

I'm at work right now so I can't look up exactly which one it is, but I think it's in one of the Vampire Trait files. It's REALLY obvious in the code, it actually says <"disable_aging"=true>, and then below it has a list of age categories that are exceptions and should still age. Just add all the age categories to the exception list and bam, you're good to go.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jerrycnh
It's very easy, actually, there's only one tuning file involved in blocking vampires from aging.

I'm at work right now so I can't look up exactly which one it is, but I think it's in one of the Vampire Trait files. It's REALLY obvious in the code, it actually says <"disable_aging"=true>, and then below it has a list of age categories that are exceptions and should still age. Just add all the age categories to the exception list and bam, you're good to go.

Instead of adding all the age categories, just drop the data block. It defaults to "disabled".
The counter on the sim info panel is handled separately in one of the GFX files, so you'll need to modify that to restore the "days until age up" and the next-age picture.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolpengi10
There was a vampire aging mod but it hasn't been updated for the Nov. 7th patch

I just updated it now; thanks for reminding me
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:49 PM
MCCC also has an option to enable vampire aging, so that they have the exact same lifespan as your human Sims.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
MCCC also has an option to enable vampire aging, so that they have the exact same lifespan as your human Sims.

Last time I checked, MCCC changes the tuning files. My mod just adds a multiplier for vampire age lengths.
I.E. the two mods should stack.