Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to make dormies playable?
I have a dorm with 8 rooms and I want to make both the dormies that just walked in playable, but I can't figure out how and countless google searches didn't pop up with anything. I tried making them selectable, but I guess that doesn't work forever (I saved the lot and when I came back they disappeared so I restored a backup of my game bc I backed up right before trying this) and I also didn't see the dormies on the "add to family" cheat on the tombstone of l and d but I couldn't find them (maybe I'm blind, but I don't even know if this even works with dormitories). Someone please help, I really want to make dormies that come onto the lot playable because I like them and want to have control of all the sims in the dormitories.
If there isn't a way to do this with cheating, is there a way to get them out of college and playable like if I get them together with another sim?
Thanks for the help in advance, this site is a very wonderful and helpful place <3
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:32 AM
Move your sim into a rental house then ask the dormies to move in or use the cat teleporter and select move in on there if the relationship isn't very high.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Move your sim into a rental house then ask the dormies to move in or use the cat teleporter and select move in on there if the relationship isn't very high.

Thank you <3 After reading this I'm thinking of making them selectable and claiming a door so because their dormies then having a higher relationship with my playable sim, and then moving a playable sim out and into a house (I always cheat for money so no worries there) and then asking them to move in with him. Do you think that would work. If not, I would just cheat with boolprop to make their relationship really high, move them into the house with him, move them back to the dorms, claim their doors, and then lower the relationship with boolprop to a more realistic place bc I like to build those up. Thank you anyway ^_^
(I've never used a telaporter before, but I'm waiting to download mods and custom content until my copy of mansion and garden stuff comes in the mail so I can put the last of my sims discs on and then I'll start downloading those kinds of things bc I think I'll find it easier that way)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:52 AM
Making them selectable on a dorm lot doesn't work, your playable sim needs to move into a rental house first.

Simlogical cat teleporter: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm It doesn't need M&G.

Make sure you have all the essential fixes or your hood or your game could corrupt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:09 PM
Make friends with them and ask them to move in. I don't think you have to be in a rental house to do it, but you do have to be friends, as usual.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:02 PM
Her sim has to be in a rental house to do this. Without mods, the only other housing option in a University sub-hood is a dorm. She can't ask a dormie to move in from a dorm lot because the game considers dormies to already be moved-in residents.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 3:38 PM
Would it work to use the batbox? I was wondering why it didn't work for me when I used the teleporter cat. I'm thinking anything that lets you add a sim to the family rather than the household might work for this - does anyone know? There's also Christianlov's transporter that moves the sim's 'life' to the selected family (they disappear from their original lot and family and are with the new family when you load the new lot). I haven't tried either of those yet, but I don't mind testing the theory on one of the premade hoods.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Would it work to use the batbox? I was wondering why it didn't work for me when I used the teleporter cat. I'm thinking anything that lets you add a sim to the family rather than the household might work for this - does anyone know? There's also Christianlov's transporter that moves the sim's 'life' to the selected family (they disappear from their original lot and family and are with the new family when you load the new lot). I haven't tried either of those yet, but I don't mind testing the theory on one of the premade hoods.

Have a playable in a Rental house and they can ask them to move in if their relationship is high enough or use The Sim Blender to move them in, either works fine for me. Or if you play one of the Greek Houses one can get the Dormie to Pledge and then move in once the Pledge period is over. One does not have to have that high a relationship to get the Sim to agree to Pledge.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:01 PM
Have you moved your playable sim into the rental house?

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:04 AM Last edited by Cluelessponyta : 6th Apr 2018 at 6:17 AM.
Making them selectable on a dorm lot doesn't work, your playable sim needs to move into a rental house first.

Simlogical cat teleporter: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm It doesn't need M&G.

Make sure you have all the essential fixes or your hood or your game could corrupt.

For the teleported, which files do I need to download? I thought maybe just the apartment life one bc latest version...but now I'm confused. Also, once I get it, where do I find it in the game? I couldn't find the info on the page sorry if I missed something ;~;

Also what's everything the teleported can do? I'm confused how the different versions relate to each other and idk if I want all of the features.
I might just try getting the relationship up first.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:38 AM
Yes, Al, the first one. Deco, I thinks its $0-1. You don't need different versions, just that.

It teleports sims onto lots, makes townies, but it also has a move in feature, which is why I suggested it. You can move in sims who are not friends with it. If you get their relationship up you won't need to use the cat, just ask them to move in. If you play sims long term you will want a teleporter for glitches because sims can get stuck away at businesses, vacation or other places. There are other playing reasons for the teleporter as well, but those are more advanced.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:58 AM
In a Dorm you move the dormie in with the Teleport painting (or other hack), once they are playable, get them to use the Computer to find own place, after they move out save and they should be in the Student Bin as a playable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 6:31 AM
Yes, Al, the first one. Deco, I thinks its $0-1. You don't need different versions, just that.

It teleports sims onto lots, makes townies, but it also has a move in feature, which is why I suggested it. You can move in sims who are not friends with it. If you get their relationship up you won't need to use the cat, just ask them to move in. If you play sims long term you will want a teleporter for glitches because sims can get stuck away at businesses, vacation or other places. There are other playing reasons for the teleporter as well, but those are more advanced.

what kind of townies does it create? bc I like marrying sims to townies so I wouldn't want doubles or does it just make random more ones like the game would?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 7:14 AM
No, you make a sim or a group of sims in CAS, place them on a lot then one by one click 'make me a townie' they automatically turn into a townie and walk off the lot. Each one is handmade by you the player. The other method is Boolprop and it's totally random. The only downfall is the group will all have the last name unless you change it first, but this doesn't bother me and I only ever make 1-3 at a time since I would rather keep my 'tourists' down. I play with empty templates so the only townies are the ones that I make.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:32 AM
No, you make a sim or a group of sims in CAS, place them on a lot then one by one click 'make me a townie' they automatically turn into a townie and walk off the lot. Each one is handmade by you the player. The other method is Boolprop and it's totally random. The only downfall is the group will all have the last name unless you change it first, but this doesn't bother me and I only ever make 1-3 at a time since I would rather keep my 'tourists' down. I play with empty templates so the only townies are the ones that I make.

I downloaded the teleporter (for apartment life bc have all expansions now) and took the package file out of the zip folder and put the package file into a sub folder for it in my downloads folder. Is there something I'm missing to make it work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cluelessponyta
I downloaded the teleporter (for apartment life bc have all expansions now) and took the package file out of the zip folder and put the package file into a sub folder for it in my downloads folder. Is there something I'm missing to make it work?

never mind I figured it out thank you so much <3
Alchemist
#17 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:19 PM
3 other hacks can also add any character and/or change relationship level; insimenator, sim manipulator, sim blender.

and some shipped version cheat unlocks a social to add at least NPCs. I do not remember the cheat, but it was first added with Open For Business.
not sure if it works on townies/townie-types.