Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 9:11 PM
Default No More Go To University Want
Does anyone know of a mod that removes the want for a family member to go to college? It seems to be a permanent want in households with teens (even after they've JUST aged up), and I find it really annoying, since I only ever send my Sims to university after the teen life stage is almost done.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Sketching : 24th Apr 2018 at 9:59 AM.
I remember that Pescado had a nocollegeobsession mod for NL that was later integrated into wfsanity in case you're interested. From the rtfm:

Quote:
Other sims no longer obsess over other teens unless the teen is close enough to adulthood as well. Teens no longer obsess over getting a ton of scholarships that they aren't even close to qualifying for - the relevant wants only appear when they can actually be met before disappearing.

Still, I'd be interested in a mod that completely does away with it as well; I'll probably be grilled for this, but sometimes I find it annoying when sims will want nearly all of their friends to go to college with them. Some settings don't have universities either, so it'd be nice for the sims themselves to not want something that doesn't exist. (Then there's that bug wherein sims who've long graduated roll fears of being uneducated just because you sent them on their last day of teenhood...)
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
... I'll probably be grilled for this, but sometimes I find it annoying when sims will want nearly all of their friends to go to college with them. Some settings don't have universities either, so it'd be nice for the sims themselves to not want something that doesn't exist.

I'm not sure why you'd be grilled for this, but if so, then people can grill me, too. In my game, more Sims don't go to/don't qualify for college more than do go to/qualify for college, so it's a want I'd like to do away with, too.

Doing so would require modifying the want trees, however. There are mods that do this out there -- like this one, for instance -- but you can only have one such mod in at a time. I imagine you could add entirely disabling college-related wants to one of those existing mods, if you could find one that changes other things you also want changed, OR you could perhaps pick apart and backward-engineer an entirely new mod using an existing one as a guide. I've never looked at one of those mods, so I don't know how they work, but a little (or a lot ) of poking in SimPE might get you want you want.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:55 AM
You are not likely to get grilled here, many of us play with restrictions on Uni or play YA who never go to Uni.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:01 AM
Sorry there no help from me, I been playing Sims since 2006, I do have Uni in my game but for some reason ( which I don't know ) I have "never" play that hood. Maybe because I hated certain glasses in the real life school.
I hope someone can help you with what you looking for.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:07 AM
I never went to UNI in RL, and never cared about glasses...
I play my own UNI 'Hood, I build my own Dorms, play my own Sims. I also eat my own food, wear my own clothes and even, pay my own bills!...
Ok, ok, I'm leaving now.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:48 AM
Glasses?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 2:31 AM
yeah ^ glasses?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 2:41 AM
Simonut's fault!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)