Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#276 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 6:57 PM
*Captain's Quarters*

Zan: Wow, hows that for a coincidence? Talk about the hand of fate. I agree, it's kinda spooky if you think about it. My father was a good man, I wish he was still around. I don't get along well with my mother and my sister hasn't spoken to me since the joining. She was rejected from the program and to say she was jealous when I was practically handed a symbiont on a plate with only fifteen minutes 'training', would be a gross understatement.

After that he, along with the rest of the senior staff, listened in interest to Rann' story. Eloran in particular was listening intently as he had been curious as to how a Cardassian orphan left on Bajor ended up in Starfleet. He had read his file of course, out of curiosity but had only had chance to review his service record before the trouble of the previous week and he had been side traccked ever since. As Lynda was awoken from her day dream, Hal sat back in his chair and spoke.

Hal: Then technically you're more Bajoran than I am, I was primarily raised on Earth after ny parents escaped the occupation. I think they managed to steal a small transport vessel or something.

Riley: Facinating. Sorry everybody, I was preoccupied. It sounds like everyone has a very interesting background. I myself was primarily raised o board the USS Hope, a medical vessel. My husband, Kirin, is living on betazed aiding with the rehabiltation of those affected by the occupation...

Zan: Another coincidence, you remember Kirin right Tara?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#277 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:52 PM
((ooc: Is Kirin a Betazoid?))

*Captain's quarters*

sh'Raazh:
Yes, your husband is a very brave man, doctor. He saved a lot of lives on Betazed including mine and Zan's on several occasions, so you must be the Lynda he was always talking about *smiling* you are lucky woman I've never met a man more devoted to his wive than him.

Tahlandi:
How did your parents manage that, they are very brave people because the Cardassian occupiers would consider shuttle theft an act of treason punishable by death. Have you ever been to Bajor, Lt.cmdr. I mean Eloran?

A rather violent jolt interrupts the relaxed atmosphere of the conversations. Woods spills the wine he was pouring on Loral and Caeli bites his tongue.

Woods:
Sorry Loral

Elen: Captain to the bridge what is going on?

Thellin:
Nothing to worry about captain just some turbulence.

Elen: try to keep the ship steady.

Thellin: Understood.

Elen: I hope nobody is shaken to badly. Well I agree with Lynda that are all interesting stories, so Loral how is life on a Star Fleet vessel treating you.
Test Subject
#278 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 10:28 PM
((OOC: With a name like Riley I would imagine that he was half human, like Troi, perhaps on his mothers side. Sorry, should have said but I had company half way through my post, lol! Goodnight.))

*Captain's Quarters*

Hal: I've been to Bajor a few times since the occupation ended. My parents did mention having outside help but they always seemed to change the conversation abruptly at that point. I never did find out what exactly happened, but it doesn't really matter now as I'm glad it did.

Riley: My husband is a very brave man, a one that isn't afraid to speak his mind and act upon injustice. We were engaged when the war began and he was trapped there. I assumed he'd be fighting on the front line to free his people, he always did, but I was desperatley worried. We married as soon as the war ended in a traditional Betazoid ceramony. (catches a quizzical look from Raian)And yes, that meant no clothes Lt. Zan!

Zan: Yeah, Yulia Zan was invited but with the way things were she couldn't get away. She really regretted missing out. Anyway, while I try not to think of you and Kirin naked, no offence, I'd be very interested to learn how your parents got away without being shot to smithereens, Elo - woah!

As the turbulance hit he barely managed to keep from throwing his drink over Elen's face, accidently of course, as he kept himself steady. He noticed that Joshua however had not been so lucky and the now soaked Loral rose to her feet with a murderous glint in her eye. Loral was none too amused but as she rose, she remembered herself and sat down. To kill over a spilt drink would not only be dishonourable, but pretty stupid too. The Earth phrase 'crying over spilt milk' popped into her head briefly as she sat back down as calmly as a Klingon could manage. She carefully considered her answer to the captain's question before answering.

Loral: *sighs* Do not worry lieutenant. It is very...different to serving on a Klingon vessel, although that is to be expected. I am honoured to be serving in the Gamma Quadrant on behalf of the Klingon empire. The True Way shall be slain in glorious combat!

A few people flinched at the mention of the True Way as up until now no-one had dared or even wanted to mention their latest little problem. There had been nothing new on them however and they hoped that as the encountered more planets and people, the picture would be come much clearer.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#279 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 10:49 PM
((ooc: Oh I thought Kirin was his last name, most professional women keep their maiden name at the workplace (not so when at home) where I life or in rare cases combine their maiden name with their husband's name e.g. Riley-Kirin. LOL. Gotta love the Klingon temper.))

*Captain's quarters*

sh'Raazh: At time we were being stationed on DS 6, dealing with war criminals but I was sorry that I couldn't be there.

Woods stared down Loral, he wasn't impressed by her murderous stare at all and if it would come to blows over this their Klingon liasion officer would be in for quite a match, seeing he had trained in several martial arts including Klingon.

Woods:
I'll get you some new bloodwine Loral.

Elen: I can only imagine, but if we encounter the True Way I expect you to act according Star Fleet regulations. That being said if push comes to shove with them you will have your glorious combat as will we all.

Tahlandi felt uneasy, he was not a pacifist but he didn't like the idea of violence. He had seen the devastating effects of violence during the occupation and their brief encounter with this new fanatic group. He is also surprised by Elen's response because most Deltans are against violence. Of course being the captain of a star ship and responsible for hundred of lives doesn't exactly afford her the luxury of being a pacifist when faced with deadly force.

Caeli:
Let's hope the Dominion can deal with them internally, the last thing we need is to be sucked in by somebodies else war, besides the Prime directive prohibits us to actively partake in their fight unless we are being threatened.
Test Subject
#280 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 11:44 PM
((OOC: I thought it would be weird for Lynda to refer to her own husband by his last name. It doesn't really matter at the moment anyway, but it could be something to work on later.))

*Captain's Quarters*

Raian nodded in agreement to Tara as a now slightly calmer Loral accepted Joshua's offer. She said nothing regarding the captain's statement, although she felt a stab of annoyance. The True Way were clearly gearing up to be a big problem and she couldn't help but wonder if her previous Klingon commander would have attempted to solve the problem swiftly before things could escalate. Of course, this was not a Klingon ship and she felt that betraying the Starfleet captains would be dishonourable to both herself and the Klingon Empire who had painstakingly negotiated with the Federation to open up her position in the first place.

Melena meanwhile, grimaced a little at Caeli's statement. Whilst she agreed with the captain's comments on the situation, she also agreed that they couldn't afford to go against the prime directive and to risk lives needlessly. She exchanged a glance with Eloran before speaking.

Melena: I completly agree with you lieu - I mean Korvin. I really do hope that they can deal with this problem themselves.

Zan: Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this? Theres no way we can avoid any more confrontation so long as we are here.

Hal: You always seem to be the voice of doom and gloom Raian, relax. I'm not saying anything won't go wrong but we'll all just have to think positively.

Zan: Ha, you're right. Sorry about that, blame Arrik. I'm either being a misery like him or overly cheerful like Aeryn. Yulia had that problem too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#281 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 12:11 AM
((ooc: True it would be a little strange for her to refer to her husband by his last name, don't worry about it it was just a little misunderstanding. I'm taking a bit of background on Yulia you established in Maverick and putting it in sh'Raazh mouth but seeing Zan is your creation and if you feel I overstepped the line here, please let me know and I'll change the post directly.))

*Captain's quarters*

sh'Raazh:
I think that's why Yulia was drawn to the teachings of Surak, she once told me the emotions of two lifetimes could get a bit overwhelming. But you are right, although I agree with Korvin on the prime directive, let's not forget that they (True Way) are not bound by it and may choice to take the fight to us. We need to be prepared.

Tahlandi:
*softly* If they uphold the ideals of the old Dominion, they will try to gain power by indoctrination, eugnetics, oppression, pogroms and genocide. *stops himself*

Woods:
I'm with Eloran, we need to relax but keep our guard up. *looks out the window* We've dropped out of warp.

Elen: Bridge why have we dropped out of warp?

Thellin: A subspace storm field is making it impossible to form a stable warp field. We'll have to travel at impulse until we clear the storm.

Elen: Understood keep us appraised of the situation, ensign. It seems we've hit bad weather. Yes Korvin you are quite right about the prime directive, we do not nor do I think we have the right to mingle directly in other worlds affairs but we also cannot afford to turn a blind eye to the situation. If the Dominion would become unstable it would have great political effects for not only this region of space but also for the Alpha and Beta Quadrant. With in the end possibly another war, which neither side can afford. But for now there isn't much we can do as it would seem that the True Way has gone into hiding and the Dominion has officially not asked for our help yet. But the other hand I've heard that the Dominion is in talks with the Klingon Empire about allowing five Klingon Warbirds full access to the Gamma Quadrant, or am I mistaken Loral.

Caeli almost blurts out that this feels like a desperate move on the part of the Dominion, because they know full well that the Klingons will not show the same restraint as the Federation in dealing with the True Way. But insulting the honor of their Klingon liasion officer wouldn't be the smartest of moves and unbecoming of a senior officer.

((ooc: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogrom ))
Test Subject
#282 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 11:29 PM
((OOC: No problem, she was married to a Vulcan last time after all. Hmm, Pogrom. I admire your extensive vocabulary, lol!))

*Captains Quarters*

Zan: Thats true, in fact I've been meaning to look into it myself. You could call it unfinished business I suppose, Yulia never quite finished her studies. If any Vulcans who knew me before the joining saw me studying the teachings of Surak, I think they'd have a fit!

Riley: Well I don't think any of us can comment on that, but I do find myself in agreement with Eloran on our current dilemma.

Melena: The Prime Directive does forbid us from interfering but I agree that while we are here we must keep a close eye on the situation. Everyone is still reeling from the last war and we could really do without another one.

Loral: I have heard the rumour but have not been informed of any direct plans. As liasion to the Federation I hope that I will be should the time come.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#283 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 11:41 PM
((ooc: thanks, I picked it up on the news and found it an interesting word and I like to play with words, hope you don't mind. Plus it does seem to fit with what we know about the Dominion and it's methods.))

*Bridge*

Elen: I've just heard of it myself but of course you will be kept appraised of the situation. *to her XO* I really hope it's just a small faction but seeing they managed to destabilize several Dominion member worlds is unsettling but let's not ruin our get together with such dire talk.

Woods: Here here captain, I just want to say that I've been working on our forcefields and I think I've found a way to counteract those aliens from beaming in. Also I've been working with Eloran and Loral on improving our weapons and sensors. So if we encounter them again we are prepared.

((ooc: goodnight))

sh'Raazh: I've got some of Yulia's books on Surak's teachings, your, I mean Yulia's husband gave them to me ... something to remember her by *voice slightly chocked* If you want you can have them back, that is allowed right I'm not breaking some joined Trill taboo?

Another shock wave hit the Radiant. Although mild it did result in one of the captain's soufflés ending up in Caeli's lap, leaving the strategic ops officer with a filthy uniform and a rather bemused expression on his face.

Caeli: I hate subspace storms.
Test Subject
#284 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 12:40 AM
((OOC: Cool . Goodnight anyway!))
*Captain's Quarters*

Zan: *sympathetically* It's alright, you can keep them. I think she'd be happy that you had something to remember her by, she thought of you as family after all. Besides, I might have her memories and life experiences, but I'm not Yulia, nor will I ever be. It wouldn't have broken any rules anyway, but if I started making out with K'vor, her husband, then that would be breaking one of the biggest rules going, heh heh! At least I hope it's not, I have various artefacts and objects belonging to all three of the previous hosts.

Loral simply nodded at the Starfleet captain's statement and secretly hoped that she was right. Eloran was just about to continue the new conversation when the shockwave hot and he was unable to supress a chuckled as Korvin got covered in souffle. Raian too couldn't manage to stifle a giggle but was still able to pick up a serviette to pass along to him. He couldn't help but be reminded of Aeryn's memories of aiding his mother and grandmother in one of the many instances this happened in his early infancy.

Zan: And theres me trying desperately hard not to spill anything!

Azuma: I think what Raian was looking for was an 'are you alright Korvin'?

Zan: *shrugs*Yeah yeah, something like that! Seriously, are you?

Hal: It's too late now, my little Trill friend! Anyway, we seem to be getting somewhere with the weapon calibrations. Hopefully we should have something in the next few days.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#285 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:46 PM
((ooc: I didn't know the English also used the word serviette, LOL.))

*Captain's quarters*

sh'Raazh smiles at Zan's comment about making out with K'vor, sometimes Zan could be so boyish.

sh'Raazh: Thank you Raian.

Caeli was slightly annoyed by Raian's antics, although he liked the eccentricities of the young Trill well enough sometimes they did get on his nerves. He tried to conceal his annoyance as he addressed him and counselor Azuma.

Caeli: I'm fine, thank you Mizuki. Thank you for the napkin Raian.

Woods: Yes yes *somewhat absentmindedly* I'm surprissed the ship's stabilizers aren't correcting for the shock waves, most be pretty rough out there. Maybe I should get back to engineering just in case.

Elen: Yes that might be necessary. I should go to the bridge anyways to assess the problem. Commander Melena, Lt.cmdr. Hal, Lt.cmdr. sh'Raazh, Lt.jg Zan and Lt.jg Tahlandi if you would join me. It has been a very pleasant evening we should do this again, soon. Korvin you can use my bathroom to get yourself clean. Lt. Loral you are free to join us if you want, I know you want to familiarize yourself with bridge protocols.

Tahlandi and sh'Raazh: *together* Aye ma'am.

Although not a real crisis but more a nuisance, the turbulence did manage to make an end to the relaxed atmosphere and forced the senior staff back into their roles even most of them had counted on a nice free evening. Captain Elen secretly had hoped that the problem didn't need their attention but reluctantly she accepts the facts that she and her senior bridge officers are needed on the bridge to deal with this problem. As they get up another rather more violent shock hits the Radiant and several plates go flying through the room.

Test Subject
#286 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 11:30 PM
((OOC: We do, but napkin was probably the word I was looking for. For some reason serviette was what came to mind first, lol!))

*Captain's Quarters*

Raian cocked his head as he noticed Korvin's almost fully concealed annoyance but thought little of it. He wondered if he personally had done something wrong but put it down to a cross of Raian being Raian and Zan being Zan. Aeryn had been known as a rather eccentric lady and Raian probably hadn't truly grown up anyway. He nodded eagerly as everyone arose from their seats as he had been about to ask if he should be at the helm anyway. Everyone was thrown off balance a little as the large shockwave hut, but this was only a further insentive to hurry to their posts on the bridge, swapping with their junior colleagues. As Everyone took their stations, just as another shudder hit the vessel. Melena turned to Tahlandi.

Melena: Alright, a class five storm. What kind of storm are we looking at? Zan, try and keep us steady.

Zan: Aye sir.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#287 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 11:50 PM
((ooc: I'm aware that a lot of English words originate from French, but this one was a surprise to me LOL.))

*Bridge*

Tahlandi barely had time to take the science station as they were hit again by giant displacement. He somehow manages to keep steady but Lt.jg Hitchcock isn't so lucky and falls flat on the ground.

Tahlandi:
It's a standard subspace storm but it's gaining in strength, that last wave was class six. If the storm keeps gaining strength at it's present rate, we'll be in a class 9 storm within the hour.

sh'Raazh: We need to reinforce our shields but if we get got in a class 9 storm, I'm afraid our shields will be at risk of collapse.

Elen: Understood Lt.cmdr. sh'Raazh, Lt.cmdr. Hal bring the reinforced forcefields on line. Ensign Thellin can engineering establish a stable warp field?

Thellin: Engineering rapports it's impossible to hold a stable warp field, any attempt could result in the destruction of the Radiant's warp core.

Ellen: Lt. Zan how fast can you clear this storm field at maximum impulse power.

*Engineering*

The atmosphere in Engineering is hectic, it's all hens on deck as the second attempt to establish a stable warp field failed and it became clear that any such attempt would be a lesson in dangerous futility.

Woods:
Ensign Pawloski use the primary and secondary power couplings to reduce the strain on the warpcore. CPO Duvall reinitialize the dillithium matrix before taking it of line, goddammit you should know this by now.
Test Subject
#288 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 12:26 AM
((OOC: Lol. Goodnight.))

*Bridge*

Zan: *grimaces* At our present speed we could clear it in one hour and seventeen minutes sir.

Melena: If Lt.Cmdr. sh'Raazh is right then thats seventeen minutes too late.

Zan: I might be able to cut some time off that sir, but I'm gonna need a little more power in those engines!

Melena: Understood, divert all none essential power to the impulse engines. Hal are those shields online?

Hal: Yes commander, shields are holding at 96%.

As the shockwaves continued to grow in intensity, it was a wonder that even the reinforced shields were holding as well as they were. Melena gripped her chair tightly in an effort to stay put as the crew concentrated on getting through in one piece.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#289 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 12:42 AM
((ooc: A mini crisis poor crew, no rest for the wicked, Goodnight))

*Radiant*

Yellow alert is sounding throughout the ship and people are speeding to their posts the best they can because of the almost constant shaking. The increasingly worsting storm front made the trip through the storm very nauseating and unpleasant, a few unlucky crewmen ended up in sickbay with broken bones and bruises. Engineering was franticly working on scrapping every last bit of reserve power into the impulse engines in the hopes of taking 17 crucial minutes from their trip.

*Engineering*

Woods: I've busted the impulse engines with 170% But I'm afraid if we push them any harder we'll burn them out.

*Bridge*

Elen: Understood chief, but we may need to push them even further, Lt. Zan what's our new ETA?
Test Subject
#290 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 12:20 AM
((OOC: I think I know how they feel, lol! Hope you don't mind me intoducing a new species. I'll change the post overwise. Goodnight!))

*Bridge*

Zan: Our new ETA is 59 minutes. That definatley sounds a lot better but it could still be a little bumpy!

Melena: Let's see how far we can go before we burn out our engines. That was a big shockwave, how's our shields?

Hal: Shields are at 93%, commander! It looks like our improvements are at least working against sub space storms.

Melena: Well thats certainly good to know!

Meanwhile, it seem that the Radiant wasn't the only vessel caught up in the storm as what appeared to be a small shuttlecraft was hurled through the stormy region. It's single occupant already lay unconscious at the helm, blood trickling from his pointed ears, as the small vessel was in danger of being destroyed by the very storm that even larger vessels struggled through. It was being knocked pretty close to the Radiant and Raian noticed it just in time to take a sharp turn.

Zan: Wow, that was close! Judging from the size and mass I would say it was some kind of small ship, maybe a shuttlecraft?

Melena: *turns to sh'Raazh' Lifesigns?

Hal: It won't last much longer out there, maybe another a few minutes, but I doubt a tractor beam would hold and transporting could be out of the question.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#291 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 12:02 PM
((ooc: No of course not, that's the nature of Trek: 'To seek out new life and new civilizations' I had a similar idea: the storm would have pushed them of course towards a new world. Maybe the Alien is from that world, or not))

*Bridge*

sh'Raazh:
One but it's faint.

Thellin: We could try and extent our shields around the ship, it would be our passenger so to speak.

sh'Raazh:
It's possible ensign but we are already pushing the Radiant to it's limits, the extra power required to do this could put us in harms way.

Elen:
We should try it, Lt.cmdr. sh'Raazh unless you have another suggestion?

sh'Raazh: Use the transporters

Elen: Using the transporters would mean that we have to drop our shields briefly and I don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary, *sees the defiant look on her ops officers face* but your suggestion is noted Lt.cmdr. sh'Raazh. *taps com badge* Lt. Woods can you extent our shields around the Alien vessel.

Woods:
*over the com* It's possible if I use auxiliary power but no longer than 3 minutes, any longer and we run the change of blowing out our energy matrix. If we lose main power and auxiliary power we're done for, we'll have no more reserves.

Elen: Do it chief. Lt.cmdr. Hal as soon as we extended our shields beam the alien to sickbay. *taps com badge* Doctor Riley you are getting a new patient, but I want you to use the safety protocol for potential hostile aliens.

Although their morality required them to safe the alien, captain Elen hasn't forgotten that their last act of kindness had resulted in the death of several good men and women. Another shock wave hit their ships, The Radiant hold it's own but the Alien ship is severely damaged, one of it's nacelles is torn of and hits the Radiant's shields.

sh'Raazh:
*holding steady* I'm reading hull breaches on the alien's vessel, it's life support is failing within ten minutes that vessel will be deprived of oxygen. Whatever you decide to do captain we need to do it now.

Tahlandi: That last shock was class 7.

Elen: Lt. Zan bring us closer to the alien vessel, Lt.cmdr. Hal on my mark extent our shields and beam the alien to sickbay. As soon as we got it abort the procedure. On my mark, now!
Test Subject
#292 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 12:00 AM
*Bridge*

As Raian and Eloran nodded in acknowledgement to their orders, both couldn't help but wonder if they were doing the right thing. While it was morally wrong to leave the alien vessel and it's occupant to be destroyed, the rescue seemed a little risky and had the potential of putting the Radiant and her crew at risk. Neither of them had forgotten the last time they had allowed an alien on board the ship and neither would they ever forget. There was little time for debate however as Raian altered course to intercept the stricken vessel and Eloran prepared to extend the shields. This was going to cost more power then anyone really would have liked to have spared but it wouldn't be very Starfleet to ignore the problem. As the captain gave the mark, the shields were extended to both vessels, although it caused a few systems to spark in their protest at being worked so hard. Hal looked down at his console before sharply averting his gaze to the captain.

Hal: Transport was successful, the alien is in sickbay.
Melena: Good, now let go of that vessel and get us away from it! We don't have the energy to spare to take it with us!
Zan: Already on it, resuming course at full impulse.

*Sickbay*

As Lynda and her team got to work on the injured alien, for lack of a better term, she noticed that she didn't recognise the species. He was humanoid in appearance, perhaps late teens to early twenties in Earth terms, and had rather Vulcan like pointed ears except a little smaller. The most striking difference to the other species she had previously encountered was a monkey like tail hanging limply behind him on the bed. The only thing that mattered at the moment however, was that he needed urgent medical attention and the team rallied around, but with a couple of security personnel on their way and a force field ready to appear at a moments notice, just in case.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#293 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 12:15 AM
*Bridge*

The alien vessels was quickly dispatched and the Radiant resumed it's course towards safety.

Elen: Doctor what's your new patient's condition.

A new sub space wave hit the Radiant hurling the ship forwards and causing several systems to be damaged. An empty station exploded, causing captain Elen to fall back into her chair.

sh'Raazh: hull breaches reported at C, E and D decks. No causalities. Zan get us out of here NOW.

Tahlandi: According to astrometics that last shockwave diverted our course, can anybody confirm this?

Elen: Lt.cmdr. Hal how are our shields doing? Lt. Zan keep us steady, everybody keep calm. Commander Melena are you okay.

((ooc: Fascinating your description of the alien, Vulcan like but with a tail. Indeed not to many humanoid species with a tail but not unlikely. I never heard of star ocean (note to self look it up) Goodnight anyway))
Test Subject
#294 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 12:52 AM
((OOC: Just trying to come up with something a little different, not many tailed species out there that look human like. I pictured something with human features, pointed ears and a tail. Don't ask why, too much Star Ocean I guess, lol! Goodnight anyway.))

*Bridge*

As the latest shockwave hit, Melena was thrown forward and hit her head hard on her console. She felt a little dazed and had a small cut on her forehead but was otherwise ok. Over at the helm though, it took Raian everything he had to keep the ship as steady as it had done although of course this wasn't very. He frowned as he looked at the navigational controls.

Zan: Confirmed, our course has been altered significantly. It seems that we've been knocked into a corridor of space that our sensors didn't detect, probably because the storm interfered with our sensors. The good news is that our new ETA is 12 minutes. I'm doing the best I can, Lieutenant Commander, just bare with me.
Melena: Ohhh...I'm alright, just a small cut. Thats good news, I just hope that we have 12 minutes.
Hal: Shields are at 84% captain.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#295 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 10:55 PM
*Corridors*

Lt. Caeli was making his way to sickbay to assess the situation with the alien but the constant shaking of the Radiant made the trip a challenge. The last shock had knocked him to the ground and he had busted his knee. The Bolian officers enters sickbay with a slight limp.

*Sickbay*

Caeli: Doctor Riley any word on your patient. *turns to ensign Sims* Did he carry any weapons?

Caeli looks at the tailed alien, he had never seen this species before. That wasn't the only surprising thing. The alien appeared to be very young, for some reason Caeli expected somebody more seasoned to solo pilot the small vessel.

*Bridge*

Elen:
you should see a doctor, commander. Ensign Thellin what's the word on the repair crews?

Thellin: They are already deployed and the breaches are contained.

Elen: Can anybody explain how our sensors missed a region of space? Lt.cmdr. Hal can you reinforce the shields, what about diverting engergy from the holodecks.

sh'Raazh:
The holodecks operate separately from the rest of the ships systems, they just aren't compatible captain. It would take hours to resolve the compatibility issues.

Tahlandi:
I'm recalibrating the astrometical sensors, captain, Lt. Zan I'm tying the astrometical data directly into the conn, it should give you a more precise reading and hopefully give us an idea why our sensors didn't pick up this region.
Test Subject
#296 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 12:14 AM
((OOC: Goodnight.))

*Bridge*

Melena: Thank you captain, but I'll be fine. It's only a cut, it can wait until we're free of this storm.
Hal: Unfortunately, Lt.Cmdr. sh'Raazh is right. We won't be in here for much longer so we should have plenty of time and energy to reinforce our shields once we're out. I'll start work on it immediatley.
Zan: Thanks lieutenant, hopefully we can find out where it was hiding. Talk about weird, there was nothing to indicate any wormholes or spacial corridors, how could
Melena: You tell us, lieutenant.
Zan: Hopefully I can but for now I don't see any particular reason that this could have been...funny, these readings a consistant with some kind of cloak but how could that operate in a storm like this?
Hal: Then there must be something around here, I'll run a scan and see if I can confirm what Lt. Zan has been saying.
Zan: I only said consistant with a cloak, something still seems a little off.

*Sickbay*

Lynda turned around as Korvin limped into sickbay and lowered the force field so that she could greet him, leaving the nurse inside. She approached and scanned him with her tricorder.

Riley: Are you alright Korvin? It looks like a fractured patella, nothing we can't fix although it might be sore for a while. *directs him to a biobed* It seems our friends injuries weren't as serious as they looked, I believe he'll make a complete recovery. I don't think this is his first 'accident' as there were traces of other injuries such as broken bones and what looked like whiplashes on his back, which I was able to remove. He was carrying some kind of blade, possibly a Kar'takin although this isn't my area of expertise. We're leaving him to rest but for now I have another patient to tend to. Is that better?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#297 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 12:40 AM
((ooc: funny how we tend to think in similar lines, I was thinking that the storm could be artificial, a line of defense against the Dominion, goodnight))

*Sickbay*

Caeli: Thank you doctor. Are his injuries consistent with abuse or torture?

Sims: The doctor was right the weapon is a Kar'takin but a smaller than the ones used by the Jem'Hadar. It feels almost like a pocket knife, small but deadly.

Caeli: I like you to wake him, so I can ask some questions doctor.

*Bridge*

Tahlandi: If Lt. Zan is right the biggest question is how did they manage to cloak an entire region of space?

Thellin: Or why, personally I'm more concerned about the why?

Elen:
Okay commander. Yes the questions how and why are very important but let's keep calm. Any theories on what we are dealing with?

sh'Raazh: I'm not willing to speculate, but Lt. Zan is right something is definitely of on these sensor readings. Wait I've found something. Captain that sub space storm is being created by a large Deep Space Station. Readings indicate that it will collapse in 3 hours if it keeps producing these distortions.

Elen:
Are you sure Lt.cmdr.

sh'Raazh:
Quite, Lt. cmdr. Hal can you direct your targeting sensors to Grid 47?

Tahlandi: Why didn't our sensors pick it up earlier? Also why design a station capable of creating a sub space storm but not withstanding itself it doesn't make sense.

Thellin: Unless it doesn't function properly anymore according to metallurgic analysis this structure is 275 years old.

As the Radiant clears the storm, the crew is left with a new riddle. Captain Elen is standing next to Lt.cmdr. Hal unsure what to make of this latest development. Are they dealing with a weapon or is it something less sinister. Who designed the station, for what reason, is it still functioning properly? A million questions run through the captain's mind, she can't help but wonder if their alien rescuee has some of the answers.

Test Subject
#298 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:13 PM
((OOC: Yeah, we do sometimes lol! I was thinking that maybe the station produced the storm accidently or as a result of sabotage? Maybe it was only meant to create something small for scientific research, unless they made one already there bigger.))

*Bridge*

Zan: We're exiting the Storm now captain, thanks the gods. Personally, I'm equally curious to know how and why theres something like this here. I have a few suspicons but we don't have time for wild speculation.
Hal: Indeed. Targetting sensors locked on, I can see it now. It appears to be smaller than a typical Federation deep space station but with very similar weapon and shielding capabilities. That is normally, but their shields are failing and, as Lt.Cmdr sh'Raazh already pointed out, it will lose structural integrity in three hours.
Zan: Should we set an intercept course captain?

*Sickbay*

Riley: I don't know about a pocket knife but it does seem a little smaller. Some of the wounds do seem consistant with forms of torture, hopefully we can find out. I'll wake him up, but you'll have to be gentle. Does the captain know you're here?

As Lynda applied the hypospray need to wake her patient, the young alien began to slowly and groggily awaken. The two security personnel waited by the door in case there was any trouble, but hopefully they would be unneccessary. Lynda spoke gently to her patient.

???: Mmmm...where am I?
Riley: Welcome back, you're on board the Radiant, a Federation vessel. Theres nothing to worry about, we want to help you. I am Dr. Riley and this is Lt. Caeli. How do you feel? Can you tell us your name?
???: Considering I woke up at all I already figured there was nothing to worry about. Had I been back on the station I would have been dead already. My name is Kell. Federation, you're one of the people the Dominion was at war with right?
Riley: Thats right. You seem to be well enough, you should make a complete recovery. Lt. Caeli has a few questions for you, if you feel up to answering.
Kell: Can I ask a couple first? We're not going back to the station are we? Were there any other shuttlecraft in the area?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#299 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 9:38 PM
((ooc: Again you've read my mind LOL; I was thinking along similar lines (accident, sabotage, or maybe a bad understanding of the technology by it's occupants. I deliberately made the station old so that there is the possibility that the ones operating it aren't the same species that build it). Not to nitpick but Caeli is a full lieutenant, I promoted him))

*Sickbay*

Caeli has a bad feeling about the situation although the alien seemed calm (this was a little hard to tell because they didn't know it's species and this may well be an agitated state for him) it was clear to him that Kell was frightened of something. Caeli can't help but wonder what had transpired and how Kell ended up in the shuttle. Was he a slave or a prisoner, there were a million questions but for now Caeli decides to focus his attention to the station. The words if I had been on the station I would have been death are a little unnerving and cannot be ignored.

Caeli: I don't know anything about a space station, we were caught in a sub space storm and your vessel nearly crashed into ours. I'm afraid yours is the only shuttle we encountered. Ensign Sims can you get an update on our present situation. Can you tell me why shouldn't we go back to the space station, we are here to help you.

*Bridge*

Thellin felt a little unsure to speak up in front of all the senior officers but this was no time to be nervous. He cleared his throat once again as he prepared himself to speak.

Thellin:
Captain, the weapons and shielding on the station are a recent addition, approximately 10 years old and don't seem to match with the other components of the station.

sh'Raazh: *reading her sensor* Ensign Thellin is right captain, something doesn't add up about this station. I recommend we use extreme precaution.

Elen: Agreed, Lt.cmdr. sh'Raazh do you read life signs.

sh'Raazh: about twenty but they are erratic.

Elen: Lt.cmdr. Hal assemble a rescue team, Lt. Zan set course to the station but keep out of it's weapon range and out of harms way of that sub space storm. Everybody keep your eyes open for sudden shifts.

The station was almost half emerged in the sub space storm but for some unknown reason the storm doesn't engulf the station completely.

Sims: *over the comm* Ensign Sims, security officer in sickbay. Captain the alien has been revived and Lieutenant Caeli is requesting update on the situation.

Elen: *over the comm* commander Melena will personally debrief Lt. Caeli on our current situation, ensign. *turns to her XO* Commander I believe you promised me that once we were safe from harm you would go to sickbay. I think this is the perfect time to get treatment for your head wound.

*Engineering*

Woods and his engineers are working overtime to reinitialize warp drive and contain the minor hull breaches that occurred. Woods is seriously understaffed at this moment and is glad that their liasion officer volunteered to help them, it doesn't hurt that she is a brilliant engineer to boot. Woods decides that maybe her help would speed things up, her unconventional ways make her an asset although her sometimes complete disregard for proper protocol make her a liability but the good far outweigh the bad in this case. Plus you can't expect a Klingon to do things the Star Fleet way.

Woods: *taps com badge* Lt. Loral I could use some help in engineering if you aren't occupied.

((ooc: I'm not sure where Loral is at the moment))
Test Subject
#300 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 12:06 AM
((OOC: Whoops, my bad :D. That was good thinking about the station by the way, we can make up the rest between us that way! I don't know where Loral is either, lol!))

*Bridge*

Hal: Several of these life sign are erratic captain, I can't make out what species they are but hopefully it won't matter at this point. I'll get that team assembled right away, I assume we're to meeting in the transporter room?
Melena: Will the presence of you or I be required captain? I'll be in Sickbay.

*Sickbay*

As the alien named Kell goes quiet and turns away with a mournful look in his eyes, Lynda looked over at Korvin, not quite sure what to make of the situation. Kell spoke first, although he shifted rather uncomfortably.

Kell: It used to be a science station for studying natural phenomona, but now it's a genetic research facilty. I guess I was a part of their research. My people, the Caudaliens, were conquered by the Dominion a long time ago and are still under the control of a third party, although I haven't seen others from my race in a long time.

To cut a long story short, a few of us managed escape and secure a couple of shuttlecraft, although I had to 'aquire' the information I need to fly a shuttle. There should have been two shuttles, mine was the last to leave but I ran out of time to wait for people and then of course they must have triggered that storm somehow. I must have been the only one to survive in any of the shuttles, I'll have to carry that with me for the rest of my life.
Riley: It's alright, I'm sure you did what you could.
Kell: Maybe. As if the mines weren't bad enough, being thrown in and out of stasis was getting annoying. At least I didn't have much time to worry about what they were doing.
Melena: *entering and inadvertently interrupting* Ah Doctor, Lt. Caeli. *nod at Kell* I am Cmdr. Melena, first officer aboard this vessel.
Kell: Kell...
Melena: A pleasure. Doctor, I had a bit of an accident on the bridge, as you can see. I believe you requested a debriefing Lieutenant? Perhaps it would be more prudent to discuss this elsewhere (looks at Kell).

*Engineering*

Loral entered engineering at the request of Lt. Woods and directed her piercing gaze and Klingon scowl toward him. This was nothing personal of course, she greatly admired the human engineer and had taken a shine to him. He seemed to be an honourable man and one that didn't take threats lightly.

Loral: You requested my assisstance. Explain.

Page 12 of 18