Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 12th Dec 2017 at 11:06 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Cat is just gone
I loaded up my file to play a bit today and after getting the humans set with tasks, I go to click on the cat since I hadn't seen her for a while and she wasn't there! She's still in the relationship panel, so hasn't died, but no one has a memory of her running away or being taking by the social worker. I don't particularly care if I get this particular cat back, but I wonder what happened to her. Has this happened to anyone else before?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:38 PM
Try using the resetsim cheat to see if it brings the cat back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try using the resetsim cheat to see if it brings the cat back.

I'll try that next time I play, but it's like she moved out. I'll check the adoption listings.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 11:05 AM
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I'll try that next time I play, but it's like she moved out. I'll check the adoption listings.

I'd recommend trying NRaas Overwatch, it has a recover missing sims option that might help,, though I'd run the immediate version of the option. It was recommended to me once when a sim of mine vanished but unfortunately I'd already restarted with that sim has I had him in my bin and hadn't accomplished much yet. It might help. I hate to say it but I don't think its going to be in adoptions as either your sim would have to put it up for option or the social worker gets it for neglect, either way the social work comes and you'd probably notice it.
Site Helper
#6 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 8:20 PM
Do pets run away, like teens can?
(This is one of the eps I don't have.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:58 PM
If it is not too late you might want to consider using Debug Enabler to recover your sim (cat):
See How Do I Recover From A Total Interface Failure?
Or, do you have a game save you can revert to?

@Ghost sdoj .. I've never seen a teen run away but then I have Move Solo disabled in SP. I might change that; there are some teens I wish would run away!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:11 PM
I've recovered the cat! I reset her through Master Controller and she popped up in the portrait panel and ported into the living room. No idea where she went/what she was doing all this time. When I looked at my household through MC's demographic options we were still showing up as people who had a cat even when she was gone.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:15 AM
Maybe the cat played in a CC or Store bathtub that hasn't been updated for pets. This tends to teleport them off the map.