Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:44 AM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 6:01 PM.
Default The Biggest Loser-Sims 3 Challenge
The Biggest Loser
This is my first challenge! Thanks goes to my 'lil bro for help with the main idea, from the reality TV show "The Biggest Loser."

Start:
You start off with a household of six or eight Sims. They can be any mix of Young Adults, Adults, or Elders. Even Teen if you really want to (though it would be more challenging). There has to be four males and four females. When you create them in CAS, they can have ANY traits (NO Athletic trait!), appearances... anything that you can customize--BUT--- you MUST move the slider for how fat each Sim is to the max. They all MUST be equal. The only relationship any Sims can have with each other are Siblings (Brother of... Sister of...)
Goal:
There are two Sims that can be winners. A Sim wins if they are no longer fat/obese (a 'healthy' weight). AND if they master their Athletic skill (level 10).

Set-Up:
-Use "motherlode" twice to build the house. You can build it any way you like, but there are minimum requirements for it. Beyond the minimums, $100,000 is your limit. You can also chose any size lot.

House Minimum Requirements:
-A single or double bed for each Sim
-Six toilets AND showers (I recommend toilet stalls and small individual rooms for each of the showers. The showers can also be tubs or shower/tub combos)
-Six treadmills AND weight lifts
-A dining table with eight chairs
-A basic kitchen (stove, fridge, counter)
-a bike for each Sim
Remember, these are the minimum for the house. You can go as far as two motherlodes can take you.

Rules:
-ALL Sims in the household must have jobs. That way, they make money and it's fair (ex: so some Sims aren't working out while others are working for money). It's ALL of them having full-time or ALL part-time jobs
-OR you can use "kaching" once a week, with NONE of them being employed.
-they MAY leave the house, and accept opportunities, but don't waste too much time on them.
-you control ALL of the Sims.
-If you have SEASONS, on Leisure Day or other Holidays (ex: Spooky Day) they can NOT work out.
-NO CARS. The Sims may only use bikes. Each of them get their own. Carpools to and from work are ok.
-NO Fast Learner Lifetime Wish
-Turn aging off.

If TEENS are included:
-the teens can NOT have any relationships with any other contestant/Sim.
-the minimum amount of teens is four. They can compete against the other adults, OR...
-... you could have seven obese teens, with one Young Adult or Adult taking care of them. The rest of the rules apply to them.
-The must go to school
-NO part-time jobs! Only Young Adults or older may have jobs.

What happens when a Sim(s) wins?:
-There will be one male and one female winner (if you put in teens, there will be one teen winner). If they are related, that's ok.
-The winners keep the house, while the losers... well, that's for you to decide! I recommend using them in challenges
-Remember: to win a Sim MUST be fit AND have mastered their Athletic skill.

Tips:
-It took me one Sim year (28 Sim days).
-Hire a butler (recommended. or maid). That way, your Sims can focus more on working out, or working on the required skills for their jobs!
-when you go to other challenges, you could have a copy of the rest of the household (with story progression on) in the town, and check in once in a while to see what's happening! (one guy was flirty, and after playing with the woman in third place for a while, I saw that the guy was partners with one of her sisters!)
-If, for example, a male Sim wins before a female, he can take equal turns/shifts training the women.

Thank you for reading! If you have any suggestions to improve this challenge, or any tips, please comment!
I don't have many pictures of my Sims, but here is one:
http://i44.tinypic.com/1zwnurp.png
The winning guy, Porkins Chopie (Star Wars reference!) training Killer Whale DaWhale.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:49 PM
Gonna do this
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheBritt
Gonna do this

Thanks, TheBritt! I hope you enjoy! I'd also love to see some pics, if you can.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 9:05 PM
Hmm, I might give this a try. :D
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 12:08 PM
first a Big Brother Challenge Sim version, now this,Biggest loser challenge sim version.. what's next btw it's a great challenge i might give this a try and try to post some pics for the progress

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:39 PM
I got to do this :D