Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:29 AM
contained items
i have a bed/dream pod that supposingly is contained, it is not even being used. i want to get rid of the item, but i can't as long it is contained. so how do i uncontained, say a bed or dream pod? what does this mean anyways? please help. i finally was able to move the bed, before i couldn't. is there a cheat for this? or am i stuck with an item i don't want?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:41 AM
I don't know about "contained" but can you delete it with "MoveObjects on" ?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I don't know about "contained" but can you delete it with "MoveObjects on" ?
no i can't. i did try that. it didn't work. it's the dream pod, it says it's contained. don't know what that even means.
Inventor
#4 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 2:22 AM
What do you mean by "contained"? Most objects can be deleted by typing "testingcheatsenabled true" and the shift+click the object in live mode, then object -> delete.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 11:08 AM
If you're not english, perhaps you can post the message in the original language? This is an english forum, but google translating error messages don't really work.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 1:08 PM
I think he might be meaning that the object is still "in use" even though there is no sim using it and it is actually empty. Sometimes that kind of glitched reason is why you can't delete an object, at least the normal way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I think he might be meaning that the object is still "in use" even though there is no sim using it and it is actually empty. Sometimes that kind of glitched reason is why you can't delete an object, at least the normal way.
yes you are correct. this is what happened. is there a way to unglitch it. no matter what i have tried, it hasn't work. will be checking the forums to find an answer or cheat.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 9:21 PM
testingcheatsenabled on

then

moveobjects on

delete in buy mode
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 10:29 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Jan 2019 at 11:04 PM.
If using NRaas mods, you could reset the object with MasterController (or reset the entire lot, which would include the object). That should release it from the in-use state. You could also use MC to flush the object, which is probably the most forceful kind of delete there is. The sim who is supposedly using it but really isn't will probably get reset along the way but that should be harmless.

On the lot/household menu, NRaas > MC > Object Reset > Non-Inventory (find and select the object on the list of everything that it is on the lot to reset it)
Or NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory (find and select to flush/force delete)
(MC Cheats add-on module required)

Note that if you have more than one of the same object type on the lot, both Reset and Stats (Flush) will apply to all of them and not just the one problematic one. You probably don't want to flush other dream pods if sims are actually sleeping in them at the time.

Or NRaas > MC > Reset Lot (this will also reset all sims who live there or who are visiting at the time)

The only times I can remember having this fail is when the object never really existed in the first place, so some kind of corruption was in play, or the object was never really intended to be where it appeared to be, such as posts seemingly left behind when a fence is removed or some weird artifact of an object left hanging in mid-air.