Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 151 (Who?), Viewed: 37883 times.
Page 3 of 7
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:17 AM
Mini edit
Sorry for the double post, but I have a quick mini edit

Nefertiti:
More neutral blush
decreased mouth corner's rotation to get rid of the perma-smile
and try as I might I cannot get the colored part of her eye to touch her bottom lid....any suggestions?

Akhenaten:
small adjustments to eyes (to me they looked flat at the bottom)
small experiments on the nose, (still can't get rid of the shading under the nostrils)

General changes, I followed some tips I found on another post about using a blue, magenta and fame colored light as well as small one from buydebug and I like the lighting much better.

as always comments and feedback are appreciated,
Sincerely,
Katie
Screenshots

My best idea ever: combine my love for Egypt with my love of sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:07 PM
bump.

was considering uploading any last minute ideas? (I know I need better pictures)

Scholar
#53 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 1:02 AM
The only thing I see is that, maybe, the king needs a little more fullness in the jowls/below the cheekbones. He looks a bit gaunt compared to the model. You've done a great job! Good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 18th Nov 2014 at 3:11 AM.
Default Reply/Pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
The only thing I see is that, maybe, the king needs a little more fullness in the jowls/below the cheekbones. He looks a bit gaunt compared to the model. You've done a great job! Good work!

Thanks SimmyRN, I'll see what I can do. and thank you for the compliment, but really if it weren't for you and everybody-else I wouldn't have made it this far.

Ok for now I'm just gonna include some picture's of Nefertiti, as sorta of a picture test to see what kinda pictures I need and how I can make those better. Now I've seen a lot of lighting tutorials but can never find a good combination, they're either too dark and you can hardly see or too bright and make the sims look plastic.

Also Note: in the first set of pics I had Nefertiti use the tanning machine because it's has close as I could get to an ideal skintone. I've also tried a lot of poses/animations so you can see some actual emotion.

So yeah just a let me know what you think of the pictures, let me know if I can do anything to make them better.

also I'm trying my summary for when I upload, for now all I have is the CC list

(optional) Sims 3 Store Content (not included)
*Simple Celtic Dress (from Dragon valley)
[U]
(optional) Custom Content(not included ):
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396676 By http://www.modthesims.info/m/787930 ( I use the full package)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=397231 By http://www.modthesims.info/m/295890 ( I used the regular default and the ishadow, and contacts)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=449829 By http://www.modthesims.info/m/4916404

*I use this for her outwear, if you don't have it that's fine, the base game strapless formal dress in outerwear works just as well
Screenshots

Scholar
#55 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:19 PM
I think the pictures look good!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 3:19 AM
More pics, questions
Quote:
I think the pictures look good!

Thank you and I'm including more with her actual skin tone. also when I included the CC list I couldn't get the names to show up as the links instead it's just regular links is it because they're from MTS or am I doing it wrong.

Again I appreciate any help I can get,

--Katie
Screenshots

Scholar
#57 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:58 AM
If you want people to be able to click on the name and go to the link, you have to type it like this: [ url=link ]name [/url] without the spaces. For example Tropical Starter - Base Game & No CC. I apologize if that's not what you're asking. Someone gave me the information and I find it very helpful and space saving when putting together lists. Hope this helps!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:10 PM
Quote:
If you want people to be able to click on the name and go to the link, you have to type it like this: [ url=link ]name [/url] without the spaces. For example Tropical Starter - Base Game & No CC. I apologize if that's not what you're asking. Someone gave me the information and I find it very helpful and space saving when putting together lists. Hope this helps!

Thank you this is what I was looking for. And I'll have a wardrobe picture up some time today

---Katie

Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
6th Jan 2015 at 2:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Katie Turner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Katie Turner : 15th Mar 2015 at 11:27 PM.
Long overdue update. Nefertiti
Okaaaaaaaaaaay, after a long over due absence I'm back, I've got -hopefully, better pictures.

Not included, CC List:
Store Content Optional
Simple Celtic Dress (from Dragon valley)
Sarong Along with me

Skinramps by Procasimnation

^now on the page it'll tell you how it looks depends on what type of default skin you're using. So I followed the link on the page:

Starfruit by Kurasoberina (I use the original default -hairless version)
Note the skin is slightly anatomical, mainly on the chest (both male and female) (and for the females down below)

now of course Nefertiti is uploaded with BASEGAME default skin, so if you wish to use another skin tone that's fine, but I can't guarantee she'll exactly look the same as pictured.

Oh my Tiffany! -an eye set- Default replacement and iShadow By Escand
EA Face Overlay Fix (full Package) By missy harries

Egyptian eyeliners, fixed By piezoelectric
Now some notes on Nefertiti's wardrobe, I've been fiddling with S3OC and managed to clone the LA skinny-dipping towel and set it for sleepwear as it looks more historically accurate, However whether this effects how she appears in other peoples games I don't know, if it's a problem, let me know and I'll find something else.
Same for Athletic I downloaded a de-necklaced version of the mermaid sarong from the store and set it to Athletic

Basically that's it, the only real changes I've made was I gave her a more reddish lipstick.

So, questions? Comments? Advice? all are welcome

All are welcome,
--Katie

Scholar
#60 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 1:58 AM
I think she looks great! (Jaw corners are a tiny bit sharp/angled - L - but I'm not sure you can change that.) Chin might be pulled a little too far forward from the side or need to be tilted down some. Excellent work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 11:37 PM
Quote:
I think she looks great! (Jaw corners are a tiny bit sharp/angled - L - but I'm not sure you can change that.) Chin might be pulled a little too far forward from the side or need to be tilted down some. Excellent work!

Thanks for the compliments. And for being Helpful as always

I worked a bit on her jaw shape, so it's less angled. although I'm worried I went a bit too far. Also I played a bit with the Chin Height, depth and under lip depth. So Hopefully she's even closer.

Um I changed the wardrobe a bit since I figured it bit less complicated then having to re-categorize things.

Also I have question, I know sims are supposed to be uploaded with Base game default skin, as mentioned above I have a default replacement skin in game do I have to remove that from my game before saving her for upload?

Again any advice or feedback is welcome.

Scholar
#62 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 1:21 AM
Maybe shorten the chin a bit more (up and down/tallness) and make it a little wider/squarer. The model's face is very square. She is gorgeous! Great job! I'm afraid I can't help with the upload as I've never packaged a sim. Hopefully, someone else can provide guidance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 6:39 PM
Reply/Update
Quote:
Maybe shorten the chin a bit more (up and down/tallness) and make it a little wider/squarer. The model's face is very square. She is gorgeous! Great job! I'm afraid I can't help with the upload as I've never packaged a sim. Hopefully, someone else can provide guidance.

again thank you for the compliment and that's okay.

I shortened the chin and I also increased the scale so it was wider.

I'm not including as many pics as last time, but I am including comparison pictures.

Again any and all advice/feedback is welcome.

And if anyone can help with the skin/upload thing I'd appreciate it.
Screenshots

Instructor
#64 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 8:57 PM
You don't need to remove default skin, only non-default, if I remember correctly. Just remember to say that it's not included and will be required for likeness
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerdyhr
You don't need to remove default skin, only non-default, if I remember correctly. Just remember to say that it's not included and will be required for likeness

Okay, good to know, Thank you.

Any more suggestions/changes before I start taking pictures?

Instructor
#66 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 9:22 AM
Perhaps just a little bit better lighting - try the debug lights (ctrl+c - testingcheatsenabled on - buydebug), there are some upright ones that are good for lighting faces. Your pictures are much better now than at first And the angles are just fine
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:49 PM
Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerdyhr
Perhaps just a little bit better lighting - try the debug lights (ctrl+c - testingcheatsenabled on - buydebug), there are some upright ones that are good for lighting faces. Your pictures are much better now than at first And the angles are just fine

I'm Baaaaack! sorry for the lack of updates, I've gotten distracted and still trying to figure out the lighting thing :/ the only lights I usually sue are the buydebug lights mentioned above but either they're to dark or bright :/ If any can tell me or show me an ideal lighting set up I'd be grateful, even if it doesn't have the mod.

for now just some basic screenshots of Nefertiti

Update Changes:
None

---Katie
Screenshots

Scholar
#68 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:17 PM
I think these shots are fine but, if you want more facial lighting, what I usually do is put a ceiling light(s) above, floor lamps on either side, and the spotlights on the floor directly in front and angled from either side. I've seen discussion about other lighting set ups here, as well. Slightly lightening the background wallpaper might help too. Great work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 1:31 AM
I have not forgotten this, 1. I got distracted by sims 2 and real life. 2. I've misplaced my game disc. But am currently searching should have an update soon.

Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 12:43 AM
Link to screenshot instructions by heaven: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...491#post4853491
I really like these, btw- such a clever idea. I hope you have seen the mideastern wip world: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=567669

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:30 AM
UPDATE/help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
Link to screenshot instructions by heaven: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...491#post4853491
I really like these, btw- such a clever idea. I hope you have seen the mideastern wip world: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=567669

I'll have a look at the instructions, and thank you. Yes I saw the world is pretty neat.

As for an update, bad news is still can NOT find the game disc.....may have to order new one? Know it's off topic but I still have all the game (latest is into the future.) installed on my PC I just took out the disc and lost it, so can I just by a replacement game and use the Disc?

Alchemist
#72 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 3:25 PM
If you registered your games at Origin, you can install your TS3 games from Origin. No need for discs.

Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods
Winter Wonderland is available here
My Simblr
My 2015 Yearbook Entry
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 2:23 AM
Since you own the game and it is still installed, NRaas has a no cd mod, that allows you to play without the disc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 1:26 AM
Update, Pictures
I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Jawusa for the instructions on Origin, it works perfectly. And thank you attuned for the kinks to Haeven's screenshot instructions

Anyway here are some recently taken pictures

Nefertiti Wardrobe

Everyday: Dress: Island Paradise. Hair and Eye Shadow: Ambitions (UnlockOutfits on) Shoes and Accessories: World Adventures
Formal: Dress: Island Paradise. Hair, Eye Liner, Shoes and Accessories, World Adventures. Eye Shadow: Ambitions
Sleepwear: Nightgown: Master Suite Stuff
Athletic: Dress: Into the future, Shoes and Eyeliner: World Adventures. Hair: Ambitions (UnlockOutfits on)
Swimwear: bathing suit: Sarong a way with me (Store Content) EyeLiner: World Adventures, Eye Sadow: Ambitions

Any opinions?
Screenshots

Scholar
#75 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 2:12 AM
Looks great! Does she need a hair for nightwear? Did Egyptian queens wear wigs and so were bald at night? The short dress for athletic may not be very accurate, but it would probably be hard to find a simple, plain, long dress that would work. Hope to see her uploaded soon!
Page 3 of 7