Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 2:20 AM
Default Pareto Logic help please :)
Hello,
A few months ago I noticed a new pop up called 'Pareto Logic'. It seems to be scanning for something. I have no idea what it does or where it's from. I have tried looking for it under programs to try to remove it, but I couldn't find anything.

This seems to be their website http://www.paretologic.com/index.aspx , but I couldn't work out how come I've got it.

I don't remember downloading it so I am really confused.

Does anyone know anything about it? Or if it's worth keeping, or should I get rid of it? And how to get rid of it?

Thankyou for any advice you can offer, I'm hopeless with computers!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 5:27 AM
What browser are you using?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 5:10 PM
It's Google Chrome.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 6:20 PM
Try this:

Quote:
What’s left behind is a scheduled task in Windows to remind you to register your copy. To remove it, click on the Start button, and where it says “Search programs and files” type the word “task” and Task Scheduler will appear at or near the top of the list.

Click it to activate it. When it comes up, look in the list of tasks that you’ll find about halfway down the window in the middle column. Find the task in this list named “Paretologic Registration”. Select it; then in the Actions list, click “Delete”, and then back out of the dialog.

source
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 2:37 PM
Oh thankyou! Sorry for the late reply.

Do you know where it could have come from? I'm not sure if it's something I need.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:06 AM
As far as I can tell, its not spyware so someone who used that computer must have installed it. Might have been accidental.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
As far as I can tell, its not spyware so someone who used that computer must have installed it. Might have been accidental.

I'm the only one who uses the computer, it's a laptop. I'm sure I didn't install it on purpose, but I keep thinking it might have come as part of something else, or maybe a computer update?

Thanks for helping, it's nice to know it's not spyware.