Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 13th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2024 at 6:55 PM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 42
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#51 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedVelvetRainbow
Yes, I downloaded the custom recipes on your creations list, and I unzipped the file.

How exactly did you unzip? See upload description, "Known Issue" -- might be that you are having the same issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#52 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 3:51 PM
@icemunmun if you add your food uploads to the "Related Posts" list as you update, people will be able to use that list for "everything that is being made available by this mod" =). I added the fruit salad a while ago but not the newer ones since I haven't updated since then. That list is in Edit > Download Summary and Options.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Icy Spicy
#53 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
if you add your food uploads to the "Related Posts" list as you update, people will be able to use that list for "everything that is being made available by this mod" =). I added the fruit salad a while ago but not the newer ones since I haven't updated since then. That list is in Edit > Download Summary and Options.

Thanks for the tip...will go do it now
Test Subject
#54 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
How exactly did you unzip? See upload description, "Known Issue" -- might be that you are having the same issue.

No, I didn't use WinRAR, I unzipped it with 7zip.
Sockzz!
#55 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 4:57 PM
Hi there!

I had some spare time and decided to update some of my Dutch translations of some food mods to fix some minor mistakes etc. For example, I realized it's better to use "bereiden" instead of "klaarmaken" cause it fits a lot better with the game's original phrasing.

So, @plasticbox and @icemunmun I've updated several of my Dutch translations of your custom food mods! I've also changed the strings of this custom interactions mod cause it had the same problem I've just mentioned.
I didn't want to leave a comment to every single one of your mods cause that would unnecessarily clutter up your comments section, so I've decided to just compile all my updated files in one zip cause I hope it's easier for you guys this way. Seriously, I love all these custom foods so much!

Well, here you go! Please let me know if something seems off!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Several UPDATED DUT_NL Food translations.rar (3.0 KB, 14 downloads)
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 5:47 AM
Hi there! I am also encountering issues with this mod. At start-up, the script mod is failing to appear in the Mods pop up box. However, your package files are displaying. To be sure, I removed ALL of my custom content, unzipped the file with 7zip to my Mods folder with your custom food options, and ensured script mods were enabled. I've used a ton of your mods in game without any issue (they're awesome, btw), but I have yet to get this one to work for me.
Test Subject
#57 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 11:03 PM
UPDATE: I got it to work in game!!

The issue appears to be with my subfolders. My resource config file is setup for over 8 subfolders, but for some reason your mod is only recognized in my game when it's in the first subfolder. I tested it in the main Mods folder and got it to show up. I thought this might work since it's the way I got the MC Command Center script mod to work in game at first. These have been the only script mods that have needed this, as all others have worked in my subfolders initially.

So to clarify, it worked in Mods, then Mods\*, but did not show up in game at the Mods\*\* level.

Thanks so much for the mod! So happy to have it in game now!
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 1:58 AM
Wont work tried everything mentioned in other posts
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#59 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 2:15 AM
I think we need some more info on what you mean by "Wont work", "tried", "everything", and "other posts". Care to elaborate?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 2:29 PM
This is amazing! Thanks for all y'all do!
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 4:55 PM Last edited by IuliaSim : 16th Mar 2016 at 5:08 PM.
SOLVED. I feel like such an idiot, maybe you should leave this on for other idiots to see as well. It turns out you have to activate the scrips too, not only the mods. Sorry for wasting your time.

Hi!
could you please help me? The custom interactions are not showing up in my menu.
The first time I downloaded the mod, i unzipped it with WinRar, put it in a subfolder in the Mods folder and added some foods. The second time, I removed all of my CC except for this mod and two food mods, and again, nothing. The third time, I tried using 7-zip. Still nothing. The fourth time I tried downloading the previous version of the mod and still nothing. So it's not conflicting with my other CC or mods, there is no problem with the subfolders and I am using 7-zip...
Please help, I really want to use this mod.
Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 6:00 PM
Where I can find the italian version?
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 12:40 AM
I have the same issue as below...my game is being all glitchy as well. Not sure why?!

I love this, but it shows up as conflict in TS4 Conflict Detector and so are some custom foods and Orange Blender from plasticbox I updated/re-installed all the product packages, but still shows as conflicts. My game is up-to-date. I guess that those food packages somehow are in disharmony.
I wish I knew what conflicts with what, but the TS4 Conflict Detector does not tell (sucks)
Icy Spicy
#64 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TamareM
I have the same issue as below...my game is being all glitchy as well. Not sure why?!

I love this, but it shows up as conflict in TS4 Conflict Detector and so are some custom foods and Orange Blender from plasticbox I updated/re-installed all the product packages, but still shows as conflicts. My game is up-to-date. I guess that those food packages somehow are in disharmony.
I wish I knew what conflicts with what, but the TS4 Conflict Detector does not tell (sucks)

I am failing to reproduce the conflicts with Package Conflict Detector .Can you tell me exactly which files show a conflict?Are they showing as duplicates? What specific issues are you facing?This way we can narrow down the issues.

Edit: I guess you are using Mod Conflict Detector . I can see the conflicts now.Those conflicts are most likely due to the fact that some similar resources are included in the files and similar interactions are being modified.But that should not create any problems in game as the interactions are being modified using a script.Duplicate resources doesn't really pose an issue.

Can you specify what issues you are facing?

Maybe @plasticbox can shed more light on the issue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 7:42 AM
Hi. Thanks to making this but can you make a version where you don't have to have ingredients to cook because I tried to grill at a park and I can't because I don't have ingredients with me and I mean the game's recipe not the custom ones.
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nativefan
@shrclma
All you have to do is harvest your plants and leave it in your sims inventar. No need to put everything into your fridge

I have the buy ingredients on fridge mod when I was using this so my ingredients are sent directly inside my fridge. also I kind of hate that I have to pay to cook the foods when I payed for the ingredients.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:00 PM
This wonderful.. I will be using this one and trying it out. I might make a custom food at some point but I want to try this and see how I like it.
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:04 PM
I just wanted to leave a note to say "Thank you!" for your work on this great mod. I enjoy it a lot and am looking forward to all the recipes that people will come up with in the future.

The only oddity I have noticed so far is, that my sims seem to be a little too fond of the custom recipes. They sometimes start making fruit salad, chocolate pudding and olive bread for no apparent reason - neither are they hungry nor do they have food-related traits or aspiration. Also I noticed that I seem to be able to cook meals I don't actually have the ingredients for via "Serve ..." / "Have ...". I use the "Shop from fridge" mod too, if this helps.
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st May 2016 at 9:59 PM
Default Unable to Cook or Bake in Culinary Career lots
Hello

First I shall thank you all for creating this mod. It makes the game much more enjoyable to play.

My problem is that even when I have stores of food in my inventory I am unable to cook on other lots apart from my own. I tried to put the foods from the inventory into the fridge on the lot but the game would not allow me to do this. I finally went into the cheat 'bb.showallhiddenobjects' which allowed me to stock the fridge and then I was able to cook. I downloaded the latest version of the mod and removed previous ones, unzipped it and placed it in a subfolder called modded that is within the main mods folder(perhaps I should try placing it in the main mod folder instead). My mods and scripts are enabled.

I do not know if this next problem is really a problem at all (may just be me!) or if it is even connected with the Custom Food Interactions Mod. When I cook on the culinary career lot and cook or bake, none of the sims within the lot eat it. I remember that there was also an option when clicking on food to say to other sims that dinner is ready...or something like that, but this doesn't show up. Like I said, this may not be connected with this mod at all and if not then i apologise.

I also removed (sorry for this long post) graycurse_buy_ingredients_fridge_package, but don't know if I should have. Does Custom Food Interactions need that mod? Problem was that it didn't allow me to buy ingredients for any other fridge than the one on my sims residential lot. Anyway, i suppose that is a post meant for that mod and not here.

Hope you can help. Cheers
Icy Spicy
#70 Old 22nd May 2016 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anska_Stormblade
I just wanted to leave a note to say "Thank you!" for your work on this great mod. I enjoy it a lot and am looking forward to all the recipes that people will come up with in the future.

The only oddity I have noticed so far is, that my sims seem to be a little too fond of the custom recipes. They sometimes start making fruit salad, chocolate pudding and olive bread for no apparent reason - neither are they hungry nor do they have food-related traits or aspiration. Also I noticed that I seem to be able to cook meals I don't actually have the ingredients for via "Serve ..." / "Have ...". I use the "Shop from fridge" mod too, if this helps.

The food obsession is a known issue...Plasticbox has somewhat explained it Here and Here >Hope that clarifies things a bit!

About being able to cook food without ingredients........That is because the ingredients are marked as optional in the recipe package itself i.e, you can cook them whether you have the ingredients or not.Without ingredients , they just have a higher cooking price.

Quote: Originally posted by hal100
Hello

First I shall thank you all for creating this mod. It makes the game much more enjoyable to play.

My problem is that even when I have stores of food in my inventory I am unable to cook on other lots apart from my own. I tried to put the foods from the inventory into the fridge on the lot but the game would not allow me to do this. I finally went into the cheat 'bb.showallhiddenobjects' which allowed me to stock the fridge and then I was able to cook. I downloaded the latest version of the mod and removed previous ones, unzipped it and placed it in a subfolder called modded that is within the main mods folder(perhaps I should try placing it in the main mod folder instead). My mods and scripts are enabled.

I do not know if this next problem is really a problem at all (may just be me!) or if it is even connected with the Custom Food Interactions Mod. When I cook on the culinary career lot and cook or bake, none of the sims within the lot eat it. I remember that there was also an option when clicking on food to say to other sims that dinner is ready...or something like that, but this doesn't show up. Like I said, this may not be connected with this mod at all and if not then i apologise.

I also removed (sorry for this long post) graycurse_buy_ingredients_fridge_package, but don't know if I should have. Does Custom Food Interactions need that mod? Problem was that it didn't allow me to buy ingredients for any other fridge than the one on my sims residential lot. Anyway, i suppose that is a post meant for that mod and not here.

Hope you can help. Cheers

It seems to me,that the issue is due to some other mod because I could perform the functions on other lots with custom interactions+recipes packges only. I will do some further testing.Can you please ( if you time and inclination) just test out with only this mod+recipes in your mods folder?
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th May 2016 at 11:34 AM
Quote:
The food obsession is a known issue...Plasticbox has somewhat explained it Here and Here >Hope that clarifies things a bit!

That does indeed explain alot! For example why it usually happens in families with a slight gardening-obsession and an utterly well stocked fridge... Thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#72 Old 26th May 2016 at 10:20 AM
Love, love, love this mod but I am seeing peach crumble, etc and wondered if I missed the posts? I've been looking around for the recipes. Did I miss them?
Icy Spicy
#73 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Love, love, love this mod but I am seeing peach crumble, etc and wondered if I missed the posts? I've been looking around for the recipes. Did I miss them?

Thank you!

No I haven't uploaded the recipes yet.They are almost complete (I updated custom interactions intending to upload the recipes ) but I decided to hold on for a bit because Dine out is being released in less than 2 weeks and I am almost cent percent sure that I will have to update the recipes to work with the restaurant mechanics.I am waiting to see how big the changes required would be.
Hope you guys understand!

I will add links to the post when I upload them!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#74 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:40 PM
That's perfectly fine and understandable. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun

About being able to cook food without ingredients........That is because the ingredients are marked as optional in the recipe package itself i.e, you can cook them whether you have the ingredients or not.Without ingredients , they just have a higher cooking price.

It seems to me,that the issue is due to some other mod because I could perform the functions on other lots with custom interactions+recipes packges only. I will do some further testing.Can you please ( if you time and inclination) just test out with only this mod+recipes in your mods folder?

hello again. i have done as you advised. I'm a bit greedy when it comes to mods and custom content lol so this will take me some time to sort out going through everything. I can't even get the ability to buy from the fridge to work and am really missing it, even though I was only able to do it on my sims lot. I will post back when/if I find out what is perhaps causing the problem. Love your mods. Thanks for the fantastic work you put into your content. It makes the game that much more playable and interesting.
Page 3 of 42