Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:10 AM
Heavy Rain for PS3 made me cry when the kid dies in the beginning. That game was really intense.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:50 PM
Final Fantasy VII has been the only game that EVER made me cry! Aeriths Death is so sad, and the brilliant soundtrack just made it even saddier (in a good way!)

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
#53 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 8:10 PM Last edited by ElPresidente : 10th Aug 2010 at 1:02 AM. Reason: Added a spoiler warning - ElPresidente
Final Fantasy X for me
though i think that was cuz i was in love with Tidus...

SPOILER ALERT

and he died/went back/whatever
made me very sad haha

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Forum Resident
#54 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 3:02 AM
Not gonna lie... I cried in the end of Hey You! Pikachu for N64.
I've never cried over a game since. Lolololol

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 12:45 PM
Multiple games had multiple moments that really touched me. (MAJOR SPOILER ALERTS)

In Silent Hill: First game, Lisa's death, Alessa's death (Good and Good+ endings), Cybil's death (if you don't save her), Bad Ending (In which Harry's daughter Cheryl, joined with Alessa, has to be killed because you can't save her. She says "I love you, Daddy. Goodbye.", and Harry mourns her. Then the scene shifts to the car accident that happened before the game started, and you find out that Harry was dreaming the whole situation just before he died.) Second game, pretty much the whole game was really sad. It was a really twisted, tragic love story. Third game, Harry's death (BEST DADDY EVER. /sobsobsob) Fourth game: Cynthia's death (I hated her character, but the music and the atmosphere, and her trying to convince herself it was just a dream even though she knew otherwise just...It really struck a chord.)
Suikoden (first game): Gremio's death, Teo's death, Mathiu's death, Pahn's death (if you don't win his fight against Teo), when you find the Village of the Elves burned to a crisp, Ted's capture, Ted's sacrifice, Victor and Flik's sacrifice (I thought they died, then I found out about Suikoden 2. <3 Which I still haven't played. Damn. XD)
Shadow's death in Sonic Adventure 2 (I was twelve. He was a villain. Tragic past. He redeems himself, and then he dies for the world he had mistakenly wanted to destroy. ; _ ; Again, I was twelve when I first played it.)

Annnd I know this is for non-Sims games, but if my favorite Sims die, I burst into tears. ; _ ;

I'm sure there's a lot more, but since I've only been awake for about an hour, I can't think of them. XD
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:04 PM
Spoiler Alert!

Sorry if I sound like a wuss on my saddest gaming expeirience.

The saddest moment in a game that I've played would have to be Grand Theft Auto IV. The game has a choice of two endings based on if you accept Dmitri's deal or seek revenge on him. If you accept his deal and do the mission, Niko's girlfriend calls him and cuts her connection with him for accepting Dmitri's deal. That's not the sad part. The next mission is Niko's cousin, Roman's wedding, whom he is very close to. As Roman and his new wife walk outside of the church, and mob vehicle stops, and a man shoots Roman and drives off.
If you seek revenge on Dmitri, you end up killing him, and Niko's girlfriend calls to tell him that she's proud that he went with his instincts. You then pick up Niko's girlfriend, Kate, and drive to Roman's wedding. As Roman and his new wife walk outside the church, one of the mob bosses Niko used to do bussiness with pulls up in a vehicle and aims to shoot Niko, but instead, ends up shooting Kate.

Both of these times, Niko wakes up devestated in a safehouse in Bohan.

Hiya!
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:01 AM Last edited by RedConversation : 12th Aug 2010 at 7:13 AM.
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey definitely was one of the most emotional games I've ever played, but it's already been talked about so...

I have to say the ending of Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was incredibly sad. The marines earlier was sad, but the thing about the fallen SAS at the end is no one would ever be know. These were the people who's families get medals and funerals without explanation as to exactly why the deceased was a "national hero."
Alchemist
#58 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 6:21 PM
That has to be Syberia 2 when Kate arrives in Syberia and she and Hans Voralberg ride the mammoths into a mysterious world. It was the only game I shared a tear with. Not many people know Syberia, but it is a great game, with a great storyline.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#59 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:25 PM
I've cried on loads of games, but the one that really got me weeping buckets was on Gears of War 2.

It was the cutscene where Dom finally finds Maria after the Locusts captured her. He opens the cage thing shes been kept in, you see her walking over to him looking all healthy and normal, but Its just his imagination, too good to be true basically and she's in such in a bad way, he has to kill her. Me and my boyfriend both cried when we watched this scene, It's too emotional haha, we're sad!

This is it btw :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lE03vrC9Rw
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 10:26 PM Last edited by ElPresidente : 6th Sep 2010 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Just adding spoiler tags. :)
There is only and one game, Planescape: Torment.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#61 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 2:23 AM
Funnily enough I started what will be something like my 10th playthrough of Torment over the weekend.

It was the first time I decided to mod it up to enjoy widescreen support, etc.

Amazing how nice the handpainted graphics look when the resolution has been upped. Has made playing an amazing game (one of the best ever made) even better.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Instructor
#62 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
This one: http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php...=detail&id=1303

It's a short game. I got chills all over my body when I realized what it was about, and it doesn't have a happy ending.

I think it will haunt a player for a while afterward, especially if you realize where the basis for the game came from. It's obvious that the developers did some research for it.

Spoiler? No. I think everyone should learn these lessons, and you will in real life. Sad but true.

I just tried playing this, couldn't get passed the part where she's in water/quicksand holding onto a tree's root...

It's probably very simple as well.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#63 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:32 AM
From memory you need to grab it when it twitches... keep doing it and the trees come to life.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:57 AM
Wow I entered here thinking it would be spoiler less, or at least hidden away. Silly me!

Saddest game? Hm.. I don't usually get moved by games at all, allthough I am yet to finish games like FF and Gears of War 2 which people say are pretty sad. The only game I can think of that made me feel a bit down was at the end of RDR. I won't spoil anything but I thought it was sad and unexpected.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Funnily enough I started what will be something like my 10th playthrough of Torment over the weekend.

It was the first time I decided to mod it up to enjoy widescreen support, etc.

Amazing how nice the handpainted graphics look when the resolution has been upped. Has made playing an amazing game (one of the best ever made) even better.

I have yet to play it on my new quad, but I think I know what you mean. This screenshot brings back so many memories... Sadly, after playing PS:Torment, no game was good enough to play and enjoy as much as that. It took me years to compromise, sort of.

My apologies for giving out part of the story. I promise to be more careful next time.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 10:58 PM
Call of Duty 2: big red one. The part where Brooklyn dies. He was the best character in that game ("I'm from the Bronx, Sir!") And he died on the last level. His last words? "Maybe we'll get through this war, together."

"Scottish by birth, British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God"
Anon
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 8:55 PM
So much I can't even count...Kingdom Hearts, Silent Hill...etc

oh you don't say? Oh You Don't Say!? OH YOU DON'T SAY!?!? Wanna know who it was? They didn't say.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:05 AM
Tl;Dr version : WoW makes sadface.

WoW doesn't make you cry, but the people behind it have an unhealthy love of death and the killing of everything even remotely happy (sure, this is coming from the girl who spent her childhood settings sims on fire and taking screenshots of it - but that is irrelephant.)

A guy on an island run by the space goat things (Draenei) asked me to - no lie - collect the bones of his wife and children from the stomachs of Enraged Owlkin (pissed-off bear things with feathered necklaces that hoot like owls and have antlers and a beak.)

There are several quests, also, that go like, "Hey, I left my friend back there with those evil >insert terrifying beast which has attacked a town/camp<, can you go see how they're holding up?" "Oh my gosh, they're dead? /sobsobsobsobsob/" One involved a Night Elf (purple, glowy-eyed elf) getting killed by some murlocs (gibbering frog-people), and another an orc who died by...what was it? It was either evil flamingos("striders", whatever), or gnolls (gnolls = giant hyena-squirrels.)

Oh, and of course there's the general "The Good Guys Always Win, but at Terrible Costs and with Something Worse to Come Soon" theme of the entire game.

"We killed the demons that destroyed a whole bunch of places! Yay!" "Oh no! An uber-powerful zombie witch is sending dead things to kill us all! "Yay! We killed the zombie witch!" "Oh no, a giant dragon is coming to kill us all! Is there no end?!"

No, innocent citizens, there isn't.

Oooh, what's that? *click*
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Catti212
WoW doesn't make you cry

It made Francis cry XD

oh you don't say? Oh You Don't Say!? OH YOU DON'T SAY!?!? Wanna know who it was? They didn't say.
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:00 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (near the ending)

SPOILER ALERT!

Mephiles kills Sonic ;'(

I allied with the GROX
Alchemist
#71 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 9:01 AM
Ah, I hate Sonic.

Test Subject
#72 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 3:12 AM
Kingdom Hearts, and KH2 I bawled like a little baby on several occasions, never have before over a game. Some of the FF games where real Tearjerkers too. The Oddworld games where kinda sad too.

Spoilers -

I think on KH2 it was the fact Roxas ends up being just a nobody/shadow/heartless. And I was so mad and sad at the same time.
Instructor
#73 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCreeper
That has to be Syberia 2 when Kate arrives in Syberia and she and Hans Voralberg ride the mammoths into a mysterious world. It was the only game I shared a tear with. Not many people know Syberia, but it is a great game, with a great storyline.

Syberia and Syberia II are lovely games. I didn't shed a tear but finally making it to the mammoths with Hans was an incredibly happy moment in the series.
Alchemist
#74 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
Syberia and Syberia II are lovely games. I didn't shed a tear but finally making it to the mammoths with Hans was an incredibly happy moment in the series.

I can't wait until Syberia 3 comes out, in May, as they said.

Field Researcher
#75 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:58 AM
Baten Kaitos Origins.

I cried when Gina's wings of the heart were pulled out.
I cried when Milliarde attempted to sacrifice herself, and when Guillo took her place.
I was so upset when Shanath died and we learned the reason he was an a-hole.
And when you go back to the time of the gods and everyone who was apart of Malpercio died.
And when Milliarde freed the souls of those trapped in Rasalas.
When Sagi found out Milliarde had betrayed him.
When Quis died in Seph's arms I had to stop the game because I started balling...

But surprisingly, I laughed at the Heart to Heart with Sagi that determines if the game continues or not... Weird.

It is a very depressing game... But it is also probably one of the best games I have ever played and is therefore my favorite.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...

Page 3 of 5