Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 9:57 PM
Default Joint and Placement Issues - New Stove Mesh
Situation:

New stove mesh
-2 tiles wide
-Cooking animations/range top and door on the LEFT tile

The parts for the mesh were cloned from several suitable objects, including the regular "stoveexpensive", the restaurant 2-tile stove for the height and width elements, and some furniture for various knobs and feet.

Now, the cloned regular one tile stove has exactly the joints that I need to make this animate, but for the arrangement of my mesh with the cooking on the left side of a 2-tile wide mesh, the entire joints/skeleton is now in the wrong position (it is on the right side).

I can find no information on how or if you can just move the entire joints/skeleton to a new position.

I can move just the mesh to the right, getting it in alignment with the old joints, but then I will possibly have placement issues with the main cooking part of the stove being in a standard location, but the inanimate portion lying in the negative value tiles area.

If I simply use the restaurant stove, which has the right arrangement as far as joint positioning and placement positioning, I have far too many un-needed joints that don't want to be deleted via SimPE (causes other joints to delete). Not to mention a whole range of other things that would have to be altered to get rid of the extra restaurant - business/commerical behaviors and so on.

Ugh. I've tried so many different ways to get this working but invariably end up with problems in game. The latest effort caused the item to be not placeable at all (red placement boxes).

On a positive note, its a great mesh! If only I could get it functional and placeable
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 10:09 PM
You're right, you can move the entire skeleton into a new position.

Go to this tutorial, and check out the part called "A GOOD SOLUTION - TRANSLATING THE CRES"
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=242079

It explains how to do exactly that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 10:29 PM
Thats it! Exactly what I've been searching around for. Hoorah! Thank you!