Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Biggest Little Mod for Toddlers [2024/01/06]

by TheSweetSimmer Posted 28th Aug 2018 at 12:22 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2024 at 10:00 PM by TheSweetSimmer : Added info

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:05 PM Last edited by 310175 : 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:29 PM.
Thank you so much for this! I just wanted to let you know that Dashboard is throwing a conflict with the Arrest mod from @novalpangestik
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=582277
Knowing nothing about modding, I can't tell you why but I thought you should know.

And also with bluegenjetsu's (At The Naughty Sims Asylum) TakeShowers_RelieveBladder_BrushTeethfaster
I've had this one in my game almost from the beginning (and its predecessor) and I really don't want to take it out. Any advice?

ETA: This might help:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...update-7-26-14/
XML files edited:
Shower - changed minimum time for shower to take when sim is already clean to zero, from EA default of 0.1
Sinks - changed time it takes to brush teeth to be 6 minutes from EA default of 20 minutes, except for the SinkRomantic file, which originally had a default of 10 minutes.
Instance ID - 0x7AFB8E922AD916F0: SinkCounterCeleb
Instance ID - 0x0A7EA191EB2AB0B8: SinkCounterCheap
Instance ID - 0x13F62B36D377C9A2: SinkCounterExpensive
Instance ID - 0xB9CC96EA5E2E795D: SinkCounterKitchen
Instance ID - 0xED291F06A00211D8: SinkCounterModerate
Instance ID - 0xE0736714E45E65AD: SinkCounterQuaint
Instance ID - 0x5FBCE51AFEF1D09D: SinkPedestalDive
Instance ID - 0xEA7428EDC1A076DA: SinkPedestalExpensive
Instance ID - 0xD2504BF8260450D6: SinkPedestalHETech
Instance ID - 0x2ADF062625849BED: SinkPedestalLounge
Instance ID - 0xCEE14807196E3DB0: SinkPedestalModern
Instance ID - 0x916887B6E4D7C166: SinkPedestalTraditional
Instance ID - 0xA865C70F1C00C9AE: SinkCounterPatio
Instance ID - 0x7577025D439D9363: SinkPedastalVenueLaundry
Instance ID - 0x1BB61B8BB0686757: SinkPedestalRanch
Instance ID - 0x9DBAD28053162714: SinkRomantic
Instance ID - 0x4106094B2725AC32: SinkPedestalDarkLux
Instance ID - 0xECC4C56331F567CC: SinkCounterFutureSimple
Instance ID - 0x12E58A157E80EE62: SinkPedestalFuture
ITUN files:
For shower files, all the values for how quickly the motive bar fills up for hygiene were changed to 1500. For the Potty Chairs, Toilets and Urinals, the Bladder was changed to 400 for how fast the motive fills up (this is twice the EA default setting) and for the All in One Bathroom, Throne of Paul and Uber Toilets, I have it set to 500 because these are special compared to the regular toilets. All the EA defaults for these objects varied in values, so I'm not listing all of the original values.
TakeShower_BathtubShowerModern
TakeShower_BathtubShowerSeasonChic - added new (Seasons EP)
TakeShower_PublicDance - added new (EA Store Item)
TakeShower_OutdoorShower - added new (EA Store Item)
TakeShower_Shower
TakeShower_ShowerBasic
TakeShower_ShowerLoft
TakeShower_ShowerTub
UseAllInOneBathroom_AllInOneBathroom
UsePotty_PottyChair
UseThroneOfPaul_ThroneOfPaul
UseToilet_Toilet
UseToilet_UberToilet
UseUrinal_Urinal
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#27 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 12:08 AM
WOW! I'm going to gave so much fun using these awesome kids mods!
Scholar
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:02 AM
I really want this mod to work in my game, but it keeps crashing my game and I can't for the life of me work out which mod its conflicting with. I'm looking at all ITUNS, socialdata.xml and idles.xml in other mods to compare, but nothing is standing out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 1:25 PM
gorgeous
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:27 PM
@310175 hi, thanks for the feedback, I think what could be conflicting is that my mod also has a "social data" xml file in too, so that could be making it so the interaction doesn't work or it conflicting. And as for the other mod, I'm not really sure why it's conflicting.

@desiree101 do you have any other mods that have a social data xml in too?

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:42 PM
can you make a flavor that doesn't have the ability for toddlers to use the toilet? i love this mod, but that feels a little cheaty without adding the requirement for the skill - and adding the requirement for the skill seems to make other things more trouble than they're worth.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
can you make a flavor that doesn't have the ability for toddlers to use the toilet? i love this mod, but that feels a little cheaty without adding the requirement for the skill - and adding the requirement for the skill seems to make other things more trouble than they're worth.

Okay, I'll add it in.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#33 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
@310175 hi, thanks for the feedback, I think what could be conflicting is that my mod also has a "social data" xml file in too, so that could be making it so the interaction doesn't work or it conflicting. And as for the other mod, I'm not really sure why it's conflicting.

@desiree101 do you have any other mods that have a social data xml in too?

I think I do, yes. I remember editing something with social data. I'm not at my PC at the moment, but when I get to it, I'll have a look. What should I do, take out the social data from the other mod(s) or edit yours to include data from the other mods? LOL, I'm always editing stuff (good way to learn!) I'll figure it out :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:45 AM
This is wonderful! Thank you for your hard work!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I think I do, yes. I remember editing something with social data. I'm not at my PC at the moment, but when I get to it, I'll have a look. What should I do, take out the social data from the other mod(s) or edit yours to include data from the other mods? LOL, I'm always editing stuff (good way to learn!) I'll figure it out :D

Yep! Just edit mine, I think this is a big mistake I did, I included the whole lot of social interactions so it will also affect other mods that have the social data xml file edited.

Forum Resident
#36 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:23 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to download the mod and both versions aren't opening in WinRAR. It's saying that the file is corrupted or an unknown format. I tried repairing and it didn't work.

Thanks!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Hi,

I'm trying to download the mod and both versions aren't opening in WinRAR. It's saying that the file is corrupted or an unknown format. I tried repairing and it didn't work.

Thanks!

If you get that error, update your Winrar. Then see if it opens.

Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 5:28 PM
Thank you so much, this is an excellent mod!

The only conflict I had was with Claudiasharon Faster Shower Toilet Brush Teeth Mod. I wanted my toddlers to be able to use the toilet with this new toddler mod, so I downloaded Claudiasharon's with just the faster shower and faster brush teeth options and I have no more conflicts.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 7:59 PM
If you get that error, update your Winrar. Then see if it opens.

That worked, thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#40 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:58 PM
Today I had time to test this mod in my game and noticed that not all interactions appear in game. What I missed:
- toddlers have no interactions for children and adult (even with high relationship status), so I can't make them hug or make silly face.
-adults can't hug toddlers, but children can :/
-no silly face interaction.
The other things works fine, so I can't imagine why not everything work. First I removed arsil and cherry mods for toddlers, cuz I thought that something may conflict , but that doesn't change a thing.
My game version 1.67 so could this be a problem ?

Dashboard shows that this mod conflict with something, just don't say with what....
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Today I had time to test this mod in my game and noticed that not all interactions appear in game. What I missed:
- toddlers have no interactions for children and adult (even with high relationship status), so I can't make them hug or make silly face.
-adults can't hug toddlers, but children can :/
-no silly face interaction.
The other things works fine, so I can't imagine why not everything work. First I removed arsil and cherry mods for toddlers, cuz I thought that something may conflict , but that doesn't change a thing.
My game version 1.67 so could this be a problem ?

Dashboard shows that this mod conflict with something, just don't say with what....

Hmm, do you have any other mods that have the social.data XML file edited? That could be conflicting. One thing is that only toddlers can perform the hug interaction, so if you command your adult or child sim to hug the toddler there will be no interaction.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#42 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:20 PM
Yes I only now noticed your note about mods with social.data xml Found it...and fixed it, now everything works. But I can't say which mod excactly caused this, cuz package was merged. Just - it related to supernaturals. I will try to dig out what mod may be a problem.

EDIT: found it. It's ferferga's Vampire Tweaker V5.1 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523897
This one conflict with your mod too
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:38 PM
Yes I only now noticed your note about mods with social.data xml Found it...and fixed it, now everything works. But I can't say which mod excactly caused this, cuz package was merged. Just - it related to supernaturals. I will try to dig out what mod may be a problem.

EDIT: found it. It's ferferga's Vampire Tweaker V5.1 - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523897
This one conflict with your mod too

Well, that's great you got it working again, it's a bit pity that the social.data works like that, I might try a method though to only have the tweaked interactions I do, instead of having all of them in there.

Scholar
#44 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:46 PM
Well, that's great you got it working again, it's a bit pity that the social.data works like that, I might try a method though to only have the tweaked interactions I do, instead of having all of them in there.

I'm happy too, cuz now my toddlers do more stuff instead being useless and annoying in this game. Thank you for this mod
And yea, I guess this would be better, cuz who knows how many other mods conflict with this one...
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:56 PM
I'm happy too, cuz now my toddlers do more stuff instead being useless and annoying in this game. Thank you for this mod
And yea, I guess this would be better, cuz who knows how many other mods conflict with this one...

Yep! I personally didn't like toddlers much, except there were cute, but they just could hardly do anything.
Yes, there's probably tons of mods out there, but still not too sure how well this method would work..

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 4:22 PM
Is my game broken or is the toddler toilet use non-autonomous?

Living high contrast
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
Is my game broken or is the toddler toilet use non-autonomous?

Hmm, they should use it autonomously, like the other ages do. Is your toddler's bladder actually on "needs to pee" rather than almost near it?

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 6:51 AM
Love it! Now here's a fun question, to ask, can toddlers go potty in the toilet shower combo from Island Paradise and Into The Future?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ClearaMorph
Love it! Now here's a fun question, to ask, can toddlers go potty in the toilet shower combo from Island Paradise and Into The Future?

Hmm, I don't think so, since it's not exactly the same interaction as the toilet, but I can include it in an update

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:36 AM
Cool! Thanks! I'll wait for that to happen, as I'm not playing Sims 3 at the moment but Sims 4.
Page 2 of 4