Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 5:24 PM
Default Testing needed- NPC Role chef for EA's business as usual bistro set
I really like restaurants in the sims. Business As Usual Bistro is one of the first set I bought at the store, but the chef quitting every day and endless homeless sim drove me crazy.

The EA restriction of active chefs very strictsince they can't be service, can't be role, can't have jobs, can't be occult... but they are keep being dragged into showtime careers or be selected as food merchant and resulted them quitting everyday. Then I come up with the idea when I saw the professional massage table by Arsil in my game and inspired me to make this mod.

This mod's purpose is to create a role called chef(bistro chef) so they will stop quitting and will serve the meal until they die.

This mod couldn't be made without Arsil's professional massage table mod. Ani's business as unusual bistro also highly inspired this mod. It is compatible with Nraas register. It needs EA's original set for the animation.

This is the first mod I made like this, so any suggestions is welcomed.

Once the oven(seperated from EA's oven) is placed the game will select a sim to fill the role like food merchants. Their default career outfit is the chef outfit but you can customize it will Nraas mastercontroller--> stylist.

The working hours default is 8 - 21 and you can change it. The working time is quite strict... they will leave even they have orders to take or deliver. All orders will be cancelled.

The food markup is EA's default. However, the chef will always serve high quality food. Your sim will only get the expensive moodlet when the dish is excellent(EA's default).

The menu selection uses the function from Arsil's food register and ani's business as unusual bistro. Do not delete all oven at once in build mode and replace otherwise the menu will be lost. Place one, go back to live mode, then deleted the others.

Menu:
Your sim can select the food or place the random meal(inspired by chef choice from sims 2). Usually they will get their favorite meal. If the sim have Discount Diner reward(EA's default) or be a tourist, they won't be charged. You also won't get charged in their own restaurant.

Ask to dine is inspired by ani's business as unusual bistro and of course it is needed otherwise you can't dine with your date... Sim who are chef, unable to afford anything on the menu, or being a service sim can't be choosed from the list.

Sim will drink the bar glass while waiting, also inspired by ani's business as unusual bistro because I can't bear the dead environment in the restaurant.

Child can dine but they won't have any animation. They supposedly can hold glass since they can hold lemonade, but it is failing... So no drinks for kids at this point.

Your sim can be chefs, since it works. It is available for teen and up since the animation functions. They need dacay is on unlike role sims. To be able to be chef on community lot you need to have nraas register to disable asssignment because I unsuccessfully disable auto assignment(It is a IRoleGiver so the game auto add the to the tofill list... I did successfully try to remove the role sim but they will keep respawning). The working hours will not apply to this and you must cancel it manually from the oven(Can't cancel it from interaction queue). Do not stack the interaction queue otherwize they will leave the station during interaction switch(Prep food --->take orders or such.) This part is still experimental and I want to add alarms for this part in the future...

Issues part:
-If sim is waiting order while their familyfunds drop to the state which they couldn't afford any dish, the sim will reset.
-If you cancel being chef while sim are between take orders and serve food (the switch in one second), sometimes the chef and customer will glitch. Reset both of the sim should work.
-Chef will not perform duties on the day they are on age transition 0.
-Chefs will usually reset on reload but they should perform their duties soon.

Xmls:
The role has its own xmls. In default I enable elder chefs since to prevent to much homeless elders out there. But elder chef's service is quite slow, you can remove it by editing the xml in s3pe.

Lastly, This mod really couldn't be made without Arsil's professional massage table mod and Ani's business as unusual bistro mod. Thanks for these talented modders.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 4:15 PM
Great mod! <3
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Sep 2023 at 4:54 PM
Really liked! It works well!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 6:22 PM
An update on this mod: After working on the bakery register, I'm back to mod the industrial oven. It is almost complete with a (almost) complete overhaul because it is more complicated. I will be removing the old version here right now