Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#401 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 10:16 AM
Having a crush on someone and the internal debate of whether or not to tell them or just be friends. Ack emotions.

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Advertisement
Instructor
#402 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
haha, what about a new phone? I don't think I have had any of my phones for 5 years, 2 is the longest. We have these deals here, but I guess some people just can't afford it. Nether do I, but my mum died on me, so she's buying my phone. I can just see her disbelief lol

Yeah well I didn't feel like going to the trouble of moving all my contacts and apps, plus I have this phone set up just the way I like it, and to top it all off I can't find any new 3G phones out there only 4GLTE and they don't get any service where I live, only the 3G phones, but since no one seems to be making those new and getting a new phone with a plan would cost more, well I stuck with the repair. Thankfully it turned out perfect and it came in at $10 less then the guy said it would cost at first, so I am happy now with how things turned out.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Field Researcher
#403 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:41 PM
That's weird that LTE phones won't get service, my phone just switches between whatever network is available. It goes to 3G when LTE isn't available. It could probably even switch to a 2G network if that's all that was available. There's even a setting to change what types of network my phone conects to.

Instructor
#404 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
That's weird that LTE phones won't get service, my phone just switches between whatever network is available. It goes to 3G when LTE isn't available. It could probably even switch to a 2G network if that's all that was available. There's even a setting to change what types of network my phone conects to.

I will have to check and see if there is an option for that on a new phone when I have the money for one, it will be a cheaper prepaid straight talk android model(By cheap I mean $100 or under), so I am not sure it will have the options, but i will check, all I know is I tried to use a new 4G LTE phone that I got to replace this one and I couldn't get it to connect at all, so I returned it and used the money to repair the one I have now.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
dodgy builder
#405 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I will have to check and see if there is an option for that on a new phone when I have the money for one, it will be a cheaper prepaid straight talk android model(By cheap I mean $100 or under), so I am not sure it will have the options, but i will check, all I know is I tried to use a new 4G LTE phone that I got to replace this one and I couldn't get it to connect at all, so I returned it and used the money to repair the one I have now.

You're sure your provider is keeping up with the times? I recently learned that when they market about having a broadband with 100 speed, that's only for downloading, when you want to upload like I do to youtube etc, that might be as low as 10. They said something about there being limited space in the wires or something. Why would they even bother to build a net when it's full before they even fire it up? I'm not changing my provider though. My homenet can't be changed, something consumer authorities is working on. My phone provider is steady and solid, even on trips abroad.
Mad Poster
#406 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 5:32 AM
I bought a LOT of really really good freshly-made salsa at the Farmer's Market yesterday.

Today, it's all gone.

Because I ate all of it.

In less than 24 hours.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#407 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 6:29 AM
Nothing makes me feel like some teenager who nobody understands more than Facebook's suggested adverts.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#408 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 7:35 AM
In my quest for scholarships I came across this unique requirement

"be age of majority or older at the time of Contest entry;"

The age of majority in BC is 19, and maybe it's 18 if they're going off Ontario standards. I can enter university before I'm old enough to apply in any province...

Edit: There's another one that's 13+, what a contrast.

Mad Poster
#409 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:18 AM
Clearly I need to go to sleep... I was entirely too emotionally disappointed when I opened a container and saw writing on the underside of the lid, thought it was going to be funny or clever or educational or something, and all it said was "avoid freezing this container as it will adversely affect product texture."

Field Researcher
#410 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:35 AM
BC Ferries has a photo of the Vancouver city skyline on a wall on Deck 6, top of a staircase, of Spirit Class ferries. Slight problem that picture is actually of the Metrotown skyline instead, Downtown Vancouver's skyline isn't very visible from most of the region. It all seems to come down to hills, whereas Metrotown is on one, Downtown Vancouver must be slightly blocked by them, kinda weird, but I finally have an answer as to why I couldn't see Downtown Vancouver from the ferries and Delta all these years.

Edit: Probably should clarify that Metrotown is part of Burnaby, the municipality next to the City of Vancouver, separated by only an invisible line, that happens to be a road. Oh and the Telus building seems to be a pretty good landmark if you're riding the Skytrain.

2nd problem, local names make Google Chrome's spell checker light up with red squiggly lines, and I don't every add words to my own dictionary cause that's a commitment.

Forum Resident
#411 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:15 PM
Why do we need keys? okay so most of my classes is placed on 4th floor on my college, sounds like nothing, unless every floor is 2 floors high and you have a bad hip but we are not allowed to take the elevator unless we sit in chair or other helping devices and you aren't on painkillers. I dropped painkillers because they kept putting me in a living coma state, so that key! I am crawling to fourth floor... -_-

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#412 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:38 AM
I've never heard of elevators being restricted to people in wheelchairs/other devices, where is that a thing?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Forum Resident
#413 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I've never heard of elevators being restricted to people in wheelchairs/other devices, where is that a thing?

At my college where there also is a poster saying "This elevator is only available to get with with key. Please take the stairs if you haven't gotten a key"
They began on it after the elevator always was crowded with lazy fat people there didn't wanna move for the handicapped people :/
It's not that I can't walk up on 4th floor with my hip, it just hurts and it takes me about 5 minutes because I actually also live in an old building on 4th floor and the thing is, that is less hard to come up of than the stairs at school because the stairs are freaking long and not that tall so you are taking incredible many steps...
Though I do have 3 classes on the base floor is most of my classes on the top floor.

and about the key, no it isn't working at all because the same lazy smokers and same lazy people just ask those with key to get the key :/

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#414 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12

Imagine the chaos it would bring in a 3 floor high school with over 1200 students and a single elevator if access wasn't restricted.

Oh I also keep getting friend requests from accounts of adult woman on Facebook. They're probably just bots, but it's still a bit creepy that probably pretend 20 or 30 something woman with a bunch of pictures of them wearing little clothing keep sending me, a 17 year old friend requests. I mean ok 16 is the age of consent*, but i'm going to stay within the 2 or 3 year difference range for now.

* with some limits, but close enough.

Instructor
#415 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 11:45 AM
So me and my fience had a real first world problem when we were on a vaccation in Thailand last december. We couldn't decide what beach we would go to every day. It was so hard.
Field Researcher
#416 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 8:59 AM
The one time I legitmently need to use Netflix for school, is obviously when the servers stop working.

It's an English analyze stuff from X movie project by the way.

Field Researcher
#417 Old 5th May 2017 at 9:00 AM
I'm sure this is long enough to go for it to not be double posting right? One first world problem is how dead this thread is.

Now for the actual problem, it was like 20° out today, why must it be so hot out... I just got my grad hoodie a couple days ago after waiting months.

Edit: FACES!

<[°□°]>
<|°_°|>
(*~*)
(°¥°)
(@_@)
(^_^)

Mad Poster
#418 Old 6th May 2017 at 7:10 PM
What is it about the ability to go online that leads to so much expression of anger? Were all these angry online people angry before they got online? Or were they as angry? Does getting online ever help with the anger?
Mad Poster
#419 Old 6th May 2017 at 10:09 PM
I think it's the same as road-rage; people feel separated/protected from the objects of their anger, by being in their car (or "in" their computer). Not that THAT person is really their problem, they're frustrated/angry about something else in their life. It's just misdirected anger.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#420 Old 17th May 2017 at 3:49 AM
Despite the fact that Stark/Avengers Tower is one of the most important landmarks in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, all the TV shows and most of the art don't bother to replace the MetLife building with it when they show the New York skyline, and continuity errors annoy me!

Mad Poster
#421 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 8:21 PM
I need cheese.
Page 17 of 17