Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:04 AM
You need to decide if to work on this or not, as I think most others think this is a project that will not work. If you decide you can make it work then once you have gotten it about 70-75% done and have tested enough to know it is playable, then folks may have more interest in this. Right now, folks will not invest the time in something that the odds are extremely high will never be finished and if ever done will be unplayable for the majority of players, and maybe even you.

How much have you actually done at this point? It will help if you post some pics. Your ideas and lofty ambitions are wonderful, but you are working with a game that will only handle so much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#77 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Trylk248 : 23rd Oct 2018 at 3:23 PM.
As I said, I am willing to work on this project as long as it needs to be worked on. And huge maps are going to be ONLY for country-side. Big city chunks will be splitted into small maps. Like a city center will be either on a small map or a medium map surrounded by neighbourhood (this is going to be rare, need to see how the game handles traffic).

But, for the most part, you will be able to live either in : City centre, downtown, country-side. You actually decide!

As of how much have been done yet, I would say around 5 to 10%. I am still at the mapping phase where I have to check regularly for the routing, making sure roads are connected (in order to avoid routing issues). Then, I will start placing a few lots and test how the game handles a lot of Sims in one map. If I notice the game is having a bad time going smoothly, I will split the map in smaller chunks and make sure to keep things organized and optimized. And, sorry to be harsh but sometimes you have to make some sacrifices. I actually MUST rebuild the first map I was making 3 months ago. But that should not be a big deal as I was basically laying down the roads.

Updates
- Oct. 23rd, 10:20AM : I just got my game working fine ! Thanks for the fix found in MTS. It actually was a little misconfiguration by the game. Glad it works now!
Mad Poster
#78 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:17 AM
So what you are basically telling us is you are going to make many worlds that you want people to all connect in their minds. From your original post at least 12.

You need to make a small to medium world, just one, testing/using favorite ideas and get it done. You have stated you have not completed any worlds prior to this. Do something that has a possible expectation of being done THEN you will have more experience and have more of an idea about whether what you want to do here is possible and if you want to spend the years it will take to do it. And if done will there be any interest in it?

Babies take baby steps before signing up for marathons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#79 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
So what you are basically telling us is you are going to make many worlds that you want people to all connect in their minds. From your original post at least 12.

You need to make a small to medium world, just one, testing/using favorite ideas and get it done. You have stated you have not completed any worlds prior to this. Do something that has a possible expectation of being done THEN you will have more experience and have more of an idea about whether what you want to do here is possible and if you want to spend the years it will take to do it. And if done will there be any interest in it?

Babies take baby steps before signing up for marathons.

Good tip. Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#80 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Trylk248 : 25th Oct 2018 at 3:57 PM.
Quick update as of October 24th : I currently an packing mods togheter. I felt a lot of pressure on my laptop with the enormous amount of package files I got... Like 2,000. So I decided to actually pick the essentials and some Create A Sim/Pet mods only, additionally some bug fixes made by YOU, lovely modders of MTS!

I will provide a Cache package file so you don't have to build one anymore! Yay! (Create A Sim's cache ("CASThumbnails.package")).
--- Edited ---
So... I am trying to actually improve the game performances by merging togheter the packages files in the game installation directory. If this works with the base game, I will do it with all other expansions/stuff packs to see how beneficial it is. Oh and... Did I mentionned that I found a way to actually reduce cache building up in the game ? Nope ?

Seriously, just overwrite the actual file named "CASThumbnails.package" in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails". (Please DO NOT delete this file. It will help you avoiding to load the thumbnails for Create A Sim/Pet/Plumbot).
(I will upload the file later, keep an eye here.... Sneaky gooses!)

---

Update : Currently rebuilding the world, slowly but surely. Not pictures available ATM. Sowwie!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM
Hello pets lovers! Yes you...

Great news for TS3 Project Cities! I am planning on making pets a little more realistic by tweaking the default furs in the game and possibly (yes) adding them to random families. Hurray! Cuties comin' to yer game!
How cute... :Bunny:

--- Update ---
By the way, here is the current checklist I am holding.

Quote:
Sims 3 - Project Cities : Check list

(Done) Get the game fully working
(Working on it) Get Nraas Story Progression mod working successfully
(Partially done, will complete later due to test requirements) Compress mods
(To do) Create a test world with City and Downtown
(To do) Improve game's performance by correcting the world

[PETS Expansion Pack]
(To do) Create at least 20 pets
(To do) Test pets behaviors in the game
(To do) Add new CAS Pets sliders and eliminate the ones that doesn't work
[World editor]
(To do) Create park lots for pets
[In game build mode]
(To do) Create kennels
(To do) Create parks for dogs and cats

::More to come::
Theorist
#82 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 8:39 PM
Just wondering....why would you ‘add’ those mods to your hoods that you’re making? I don’t see what they’ve got to do with the project at all.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#83 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 10:29 PM
To enhance the gameplay
Site Helper
#84 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 11:14 PM
Umm...

I'm not going to quibble over using mods to enhance gameplay in your own game, but you might want to re-think the idea of packaging your world with them included. The longer seasons mod will cause problems in a game without Seasons, (Which might be academic if you specify that Seasons is required.) and the longer vacation mod will conflict with NRAAS Traveler. (And this will NOT be academic, since Traveler is more versatile, although it cannot be included in your mod. It is likely that a lot of people who would be interested are already using Traveler and don't want to exchange it for the mod you are using.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#85 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 1:57 AM
Sure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#86 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Maybe it is just me that is confused here...... but are you going to redo each of the 3 WA destinations as cities packing them with as much as you can including universities? So they will be home worlds and not destination ones?

I do not know what tizerist said, but I have never seen him be mean to anyone. People are trying to understand what you are trying to do and advise as honestly as we can.

Nope, only Champs-les-Sims for a map. All the other ones will use some pre-made terrains that I'll modify, also I will probably make one or two maps entirely made by me, but I am very good at modifying things and enhancing them.
Page 4 of 4