Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 12:59 AM Last edited by Pyromaniac44 : 28th Jul 2006 at 7:57 AM.
Default Easy Turtorial: How To Make A Basement
:howdy:

I like to give you this turtorial on how to make a basement!
In this turtorial we'll make a simple house basement

First make a foundation (any shape you like)

Then cut the centre NOTE: I suggest that you put it 2 spaces away from the corner

Click downstairs and lower the ground so it is below a normal wall or just click the ground 12 times!

Get rid of the wall and make it leveled around the foundation walls

Go back upstairs and open build mode/foundation stairs, not the normal stairs

On the rim of the foundation metal flooring, choose where to put the stairs and hold click and make the stairs reach down in the basement

Then here's the easy part!
Choose the flooring you want for the house and cover it with it

keep going until the basement is enclosed

and you're done

OPTIONAL: You can make a fence around the stairs:

Or a wall

Now you can continue on making you house building with your new basement

an example of a house with a basement is here

Hope this helps!

Pyromaniac44

PS: (I would appreciate it if a moderator could review this tutorial and move it to the tutorials section if approved)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 4:28 PM
Just for ur info - the number of clicks down is 12
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 10:11 PM
its all good! lol
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 1:11 AM
Good tips! Thanks a lot!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 2:16 PM
To count 12 clicks : place modular stairs, if they have 15 steps (i dont count the 2 floors) it is the good heigth. you can also dig building these stairs 3 stairs down = 1 level. it's easier than visual adjus.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:56 AM
ok ill fix it but i can be still taller than a wall LOL
#7 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 11:13 PM
Wow! Thanks. Now I can make basements . This was really helpful.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 10:31 PM
"Now you can continue on making you house building with your new basement"

it should be "Now you can continue on making YOUR house building with your new basement"

and thanks for posting this! now i can make a house with a basement in it! (i like that in sims 3 its easier to make a basement, but its so freaking dark once u get in there... )

plus, with sims 2's nightlife, the "downtown" neighborhood it came with had a very expensive house in it with a basement. the sad thing was sims couldnt go down there because the ground wasnt fully evened out and the game thought what was supposed to be the ground was a wall because of that...stupid EA. i was going to use that as a playroom for the 2 kids that family had.

and again, THANK U SO MUCH 4 THIS INFO!!! i luv it!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 10:09 AM
Thank you! Going to try this now...
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:17 PM
Thanks for posting this! Really helps.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 1:54 AM
Hi there, just wanted to find out where can I find the foundation stairs you mentioned? I have searched and searched to no avail.
Site Helper
#12 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 2:20 AM
They come with the game. Even the base game has some.
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
They come with the game. Even the base game has some.

Thank you very much, I finally found them.

I wasn't able to find any full height modular stairs so I had to use 3 sets of 4.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:53 AM
thank you so much for this.
I realey need this!
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st May 2016 at 10:24 AM
I feel bad reviving a thread not replied to for 44 months (????!) but I really really just want to say a massive thank you for this guide! At first, I was going crazy trying to figure it out and even though your pictures didn't load, your descriptions, and added help from others, made me able to complete my basement! The house I'm building right now is probably the most classy and thought-out of all lots I've done from scratch and if I hadn't been able to use your help, I probably would have given up. I plan to upload it when I'm 100% satisfied with it, so hopefully you'll be able to see it! Thank you again!

H. R. H Mercy.