Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:22 AM Last edited by auntielynds : 16th Jul 2013 at 5:50 AM.
Default Aurora Skies Textures, ini & Color Ramps, & Height Map
Aurora Skies Textures, ini & Color Ramps, & Height Map

Textures:

Roads:

I put the wrong street detail texture in the Pavement folder.

In the Textures folder, is another folder titled "Misc". In there is the correct one named Pavement_Street_detail Place it in the second slot

Height Map:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Aurora Skies Textures & Roads.7z (8.79 MB, 4887 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Aurora Skies Map 300.7z (2.29 MB, 1670 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Aurora Skies ini & Color Ramps.7z (17.5 KB, 1739 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Aurora Skies ini & Color Ramps For Config.7z (17.3 KB, 1150 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 4:27 AM
Thank you!! I was hoping someone would have it somewhere already! :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 10:02 AM
Thank you so much!! I was waiting for like days someone to release the terrain paints as I really need them! I extracted the height map myself as I used S3PE to get Aurora Skies in CAW. But thanks again!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:49 PM
Am I the only one having issues with the CAW terrain and snow? The snow seems transparant on these terrains in my game, meaning that the gravel is visible even on thick snow.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:24 AM
I saw a thread here about that issue not long after Seasons came out. I don't think anyone had any insight to why this happens. I'm sure you're not the only one, and I wonder if people are just not posting about it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 1:45 PM
Hey auntielynds, we are indeed posting about it but on the officials http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/650201.page

I actually came here hoping someone had possibly made the geothermal lake fresh water so it would freeze over, and see if that makes a difference. It's just a theory based on what people have been posting in the thread XD
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 1:18 AM
Ahhh............. Now that's interesting. It's certainly some good info to keep mindful of when creating a custom world.

Thanks for the heads up
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:37 PM
When i downloaded aurora skies i went into map view and i could see the grass but when i zoomed into an area that wasn't a lot the grass disappeared and became mud, so i'm guessing that the textures are missing and was wondering if you knew here i should put these files so they will turn up in my game? please help i have been trying to figure it out for hours!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:55 PM
Never mind i fixed it thankyou for uploading this your a lifesaver!
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 1:44 PM
I'm having a problem with the roads
whatever i do the pavementstreet one does not have the white lines. (crosswalk texture)
i don't know why since i did select the file... am i doing something wrong?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 5:30 PM
Opps

I put the wrong street detail texture in the Pavement folder.

In the Textures folder, is another folder titled "Misc". In there is the correct one named Pavement_Street_detail Place it in the second slot.

Thank you for giving me the heads up on it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd May 2013 at 11:34 AM
Hi, could you tell me how to use the custom ini and color ramp or where to put them? I'm kinda confuse with this thread;

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388731
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd May 2013 at 11:36 AM
Hi, could anyone tell me how to use the custom ini and color ramp or where to put them? I'm kinda confuse with this thread;

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=388731
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd May 2013 at 10:28 PM
That is a very old thread. We've discovered more now. If you're using the ini and color ramps from the EA worlds, then you want to read this thread, CAW resource packaging routines

If you want to alter your own, read this one, Sea, Sky and Light parameters- let's learn!

It takes a lot of trial and error, but the best way to learn, is to jump right in and try.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
That is a very old thread. We've discovered more now. If you're using the ini and color ramps from the EA worlds, then you want to read this thread, CAW resource packaging routines

If you want to alter your own, read this one, Sea, Sky and Light parameters- let's learn!

It takes a lot of trial and error, but the best way to learn, is to jump right in and try.

Thanks for the infos, auntielynds!
Oh, by the way.. does this custom ini and color ramp affect the color of snow in the game, like maybe turning it to gray in certain lots, just like what happen in aurora skies?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th May 2013 at 4:39 AM
No, that depends on the elevation of the land. Ea intentionally coded the snow to lighten, then disappear as the land descends into the water. The Aurora Sky world builders evidently forgot to take that into consideration when they were sculpting the world, lol.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:03 PM
No, that depends on the elevation of the land. Ea intentionally coded the snow to lighten, then disappear as the land descends into the water. The Aurora Sky world builders evidently forgot to take that into consideration when they were sculpting the world, lol.

I see, that's a relieve... I don't want any lots to look gray. Anyway, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:48 AM
Do you know what one of the ini files is responsible for the aurora above the town?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wolfbane
Do you know what one of the ini files is responsible for the aurora above the town?

This is an "I Think", but I think the ini files, and color ramps from Aurora Skies all work in conjunction with each other to give the desired effects. You can play around with dividing them up, and see what happens.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 5:44 PM
Hello, can you help me, please, can you give me folder config and character import files of Aurora Skies
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maksim01
Hello, can you help me, please, can you give me folder config and character import files of Aurora Skies

Never mind the pm, I figured out which ones.

I'll get them up tonight..............I'll add them to the first post.
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 11:37 AM
Never mind the pm, I figured out which ones.

I'll get them up tonight..............I'll add them to the first post.

auntielynds, can you add them to this thread?
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 9:00 PM
Hello, when I put in the Sea.ini.ini in a world, (with S3PE) It's a black water! Would have to be in water color Aurora Skies, no?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 11:22 PM
There are two sets of ini files. They are the same except how they are named designates which method you use to put them in your world.

The file named "Aurora Skies ini & Color Ramps" are imported to the .world file using s3pe.

The file named "Aurora Skies ini & Color Ramps For Config" are placed in a new file in your world folder named "Config".
Information here: Caw Resource Packaging Routines

Screenshots
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 1:42 PM
Thank you.
Page 1 of 2