Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 10:09 PM
Default Abu Simbel trouble
Ok so I got into Abu Simbel in Egypt and when my sim passed the statues at the very first room fire started up and it's impossible to cross. Anyways, there is a locked door and it's opened by pushing a statue onto a floor switch but the only way to activate the floor switch blocks my sim in and to get out he has to push the statue off the switch which locks the door again. So I'm wondering how I can get the statue on the switch and get my sim into the room?

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 12:19 AM
Zeneport is the only way. If it isn't what I think it is, you should be able to just go with the dungeon to get a special something that will help.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 4:04 AM
Yeah, if it's the location I'm thinking of, fovex is right. Leave it for now; there's something further along that will solve it.

Or there's an alternative: bring another sim with you One waits behind the statue while the other goes through the door.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 12:28 PM
Zeneportation is the only solution in many places, not only in this one.
About the "special something" (the right and the left ones),

*spoiler*
except to teleport 2 sims one towards the other, what use exactly are they ?
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:26 AM
Now that's disappointing.
Not every Sim can zenport, and every Sim can enter Abu Simbel only once. My Sim without the ability to zenport is already in the temple. To bring more than one is not only not possible without zenporting, but also forbidden by Horus, so I consider that as cheating.
Is there really no satisfying solution to this? I'm also stuck in the basement, where I can't find any way to open the room behind the mirror, nor can I deal with the puzzle in the priests' sleeping rooms with only one sim.

If I leave, I fear that not only this sim can't come back, but also the other sim in his household. But I don't want to start over, as far as I have gotten with the other tombs. So, hopefully, someone here can help me soon?

Same as 1, but Password request didn't work
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Entgleichen2
Not every Sim can zenport, and every Sim can enter Abu Simbel only once. My Sim without the ability to zenport is already in the temple. To bring more than one is not only not possible without zenporting, but also forbidden by Horus, so I consider that as cheating.
Is there really no satisfying solution to this? I'm also stuck in the basement, where I can't find any way to open the room behind the mirror, nor can I deal with the puzzle in the priests' sleeping rooms with only one sim.

If I leave, I fear that not only this sim can't come back, but also the other sim in his household. But I don't want to start over, as far as I have gotten with the other tombs. So, hopefully, someone here can help me soon?

I don't know how to do the statue puzzle on the floor with the red and blue paths and the "red priest" room without another sim and without using zeneport but I do know that it is possible for your sim to leave and go back in. I had my sim leave and he went back in the front door and down into the tomb again and nothing was reset and he picked up where he left off. If you are still worried you should "save as" your game under another name and make your sim leave the tomb and go back in to see if it works and if it does then you're safe. If it doesn't work just delete that new game and go back to where you first were.

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Entgleichen2
Is there really no satisfying solution to this?

As the answers above indicate, you don't need to zeneport in this tomb. Nor do you NEED two sims. To go ahead with the spoiler -- you just need the left and right eye of Horus, found in another part of the tomb. You can drop an eye in one location, and using the other eye will teleport you there. You also use the two eyes to solve the puzzle in the area where they're found.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
As the answers above indicate, you don't need to zeneport in this tomb. Nor do you NEED two sims. To go ahead with the spoiler -- you just need the left and right eye of Horus, found in another part of the tomb. You can drop an eye in one location, and using the other eye will teleport you there. You also use the two eyes to solve the puzzle in the area where they're found.

Thanks, but how do I get the eyes? At that point where I am, I am totally stuck.

Thanks also @lauralynn, if no solution comes up, I will do that. At least, I could come back later.

Eminence Grise
#9 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 12:06 AM
The eyes are in the part of the tomb reached from the area to the right of the entrance (downstairs from there).
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 6:38 PM
That's strange. They weren't there all the time, otherwise I surely would have found them. But in Edit Mode I saw them, so I let the Sim return to Abu. He couldn't enter because of the fire trap near the entrance (as mentioned before). At this time the Horus' eyes still weren't there. I went to edit mode again just to remove one of the statues near the entrance so the sim could pass. Back again in live mode, suddenly the eyes are there now. I have no clue about the whole thing, but what matters is that I can go on exploring.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 11:22 AM Last edited by KarinL : 4th Jan 2010 at 12:02 PM.
I've been trying to complete this one for days... I managed to get the left and right eye of Horus and I released the mummies...

Does anyone know whether or not it makes a difference if you donate something to the Red Priest? I donated something, but the mummy still came out...
Both of the priest mummies seem rather tame, though...

I reached the priests' bedrooms, but now I need the keys to their treasure chests... Anyone know where to get them? Should I have found them somewhere along the way?

Also, beyond the bedrooms is another door. I used the 'buy on this lot' cheat to see what was going on - there are two wall switches there that are supposed to activate floor traps, but they don't seem to work. The floor traps lead to the next door, so unless I cheat there, I can't go on...

I have a feeling that this tomb is buggy for most of us...

But if anyone found those keystones of the priests, I'd love to know. Or if there's another place where I could find the Sigil of the Sanctuary of Horus, I'd like to know, too - it's the last one I need to complete the collection...

Edit: never mind - I think I solved the whole thing... It's just a matter of putting the eyes down in the right place and jumping to and fro between them... LOL!!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:01 PM
Problems progressing deeper into Abu Simbel? I can't even enter it! The left pedestal (the one with the ancient relic) doesn't accept anything- it just looks like a dead prop. The right one, though (tiny rock) works just fine. Anyone have any idea?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenica
Problems progressing deeper into Abu Simbel? I can't even enter it! The left pedestal (the one with the ancient relic) doesn't accept anything- it just looks like a dead prop. The right one, though (tiny rock) works just fine. Anyone have any idea?

Yes it does, you just need to sacrifice..."a relic" expensive relics. Just put any expensive relics, except for Jar/Dropa/Vase/Dangerous Creatures/Sigil/Symbol (Chinese)/Signet (French). They won't work. Expensive relics refers to The Gold Figurine. You can pick it up later once you have cleared Abu Simbel. Just select any with Orange/purple color should do fine and click on the pedestal, select your relic and place it (Just like in Chateau De Landgraab).

BTW you need 2 not 1, 1 for the entrance and 1 more when trying to get the Right Eye.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenica

You need an "ANCIENT" relic. Analyze your common relics (they will be revealed as ancient, antique, old or contemporary. You HAVE to analyze them to find out how old they are. I save a broken ancient relic from a previous trip and save the good ones for my museum. An ancient petrified fruit should work too.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:03 AM
Save that locked room for the end. When you have the Eyes of Horus, leave one in the middle of the room with the locked door (keep the other in your inventory). Pull the statue onto the floor switch to unlock the door. You are now trapped in the statues. Not. Teleport to the other eye. Don't forget to pick up the eye. Go into formerly locked room.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Scholar
#16 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:05 PM
Brains.... brains... BRAINS!!!! Seriously, why do you keep necroing 9 year old threads? They've either found the answer or moved on with their lives.
dodgy builder
#17 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:52 PM
It wouldn't surprice me if people kept searching and searching for answers to whatever they were thinking of, and then post in a thread without noticing how old the thread is. I would probably find a ton of bricks to hide behind though, if I ever did the same.

Always make sure you check the date of anything you find, before using the thread to impress people with how much you know. After all it's not half as impressive if you're 9 years too late.