Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 3:58 PM
Default February PC/Mac patch has destroyed mods and CC
The February 23 patch has completely destroyed all of my mods and CC. The game hangs and if it bothers loading, sims stand around when given a command, and sound drops when my musician sim is playing instruments. Update: I shut mods off and everything worked. That means that the entire neighborhood I built with the buildings for go to school and turbo careers to use on my stream is useless. I have a few other mods but those are the major ones that I can't afford to be screwed up. Please share your experience with mods and CC with the February PC/Mac patch. Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlwaysinPurple
The February 23 patch has completely destroyed all of my mods and CC. The game hangs and if it bothers loading, sims stand around when given a command, and sound drops when my musician sim is playing instruments. Update: I shut mods off and everything worked. That means that the entire neighborhood I built with the buildings for go to school and turbo careers to use on my stream is useless. I have a few other mods but those are the major ones that I can't afford to be screwed up. Please share your experience with mods and CC with the February PC/Mac patch. Thanks!

Shouldn't you just try to do the 50/50 method and go through all your mods and custom content before assuming all of them are broken? It sounds like you haven't done that. As for Turbo Careers or Go to School, I don't and won't ever use them, because Zerbu is known for being incredibly unreliable about keeping his mods up to date. Using them means you accept that at any point they could break and possibly not be updated. So, I don't know what to tell you about those two.

As for other mods, you can find a list at SimsVIP, and although it's just for mods and not custom content, it's really helpful to use it to narrow down problems.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:57 PM
Sorry, but I rather them break every mod to fix this game up.

And you could avoided all that by not patching, and just waiting a few days, most mods have now been updated, and now patching now, is a just a breeze.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Sorry, but I rather them break every mod to fix this game up.

And you could avoided all that by not patching, and just waiting a few days, most mods have now been updated, and now patching now, is a just a breeze.

Yea, really. I haven't patched yet. I just unplug my internet cable and turn off my WiFi and then I log onto to Origin offline. I do that with every patch. It's always best to let the dust settle after a big one like this.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:48 PM
I only just patched a few hours ago, made a seperate folder, noted what mods I got now, downloaded them all again, patched the game, then, then copied/overwritten into the Mods folder, then launched the game, it was that easy.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:58 AM
I found that the only mod I had that was a problem was the selectable pets mod. I updated the others I had that had updates and deleted a few. Selectable pets now clashes with MCCC and I’d rather have that in my game, so I deleted the pets mod. Before the latest version of MCCC they worked together.