Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pova
me coming back after not playing the sims or paying attention to the community for several months

LOL don't worry majority of this thread is from things that happened two years ago at least, so you haven't missed much. It is just another tabloid article so best to take it with a grain of salt.

Cliff notes version of the past few months of recent Sims events:

1) SimGuruDrake is no longer the community manager, new community manager is still left to be determined as announced on Twitter and forums.
2) Peter Moore is no longer working for Electronic Arts which was discussed during a Sims stream. #BlameSteve
3) SimGuruJM is no longer working for Maxis since January as announced on Twitter.
4) Quite a few other Gurus have been moved around different projects within the Sims such as the console version and mobile versions.
5) Sims 5 is rumored to be coming this year, but no actual evidence to support it. Just speculation because of Maxis attending EA Play this year.
6) Latest speculation is Seasons is coming out this year which makes more sense of why Maxis would be attending EA Play this year since next to pets, seasons are the biggest theme for the franchise.

So welcome back and I love fire.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scobre
5) Sims 5 is rumored to be coming this year, but no actual evidence to support it. Just speculation because of Maxis attending EA Play this year.

Now this interests me! As off topic here really, if there is some information about this and someone wants to start a new thread that would be great.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#78 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:36 PM
SimGuruJM was probably sick of fangurls and fanboyz (yes both) all perving over him. I seriously don't know why game company CMs allow this sort of thing to go on in chat streams, they wouldn't allow it between colleagues, and loads of companies won't allow abuse and harrassment from customers.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Now this interests me! As off topic here really, if there is some information about this and someone wants to start a new thread that would be great.

Concept: Sims 5 is absolutely amazing and EA gives a free copy of it to all owners of TS4 to atone for their heinous crimes, we move forward into a wonderful new era of the sims in which we are semi occasionally graced with bountiful, well made, well-rounded DLC, none of which are needed for the game to actually be playable or entertaining, and we all forget TS4 ever happened
Mad Poster
#80 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by herroyalkittiness
This post is probably in the wrong place, but I don't know MTS enough to know where it should have been... Drake's job is now available - I hope someone who's up to the task, and has some vision and hopefully a long history with The Sims games, gets it. It kind of sounds bad that the description mentions "elite fans".

https://simsvip.com/2018/03/09/ea-i...r-for-the-sims/

News, I guess.
Scholar
#81 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:53 AM
Press F to pay respects.

Rest In Piss, Drake. It takes a certain kind of person with a very particular skillset to be so utterly shit at their job and yet remain employed for so, so long.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 4 of 4