Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 3:34 AM
Default Board Game pieces
I'm making a little board game for Sims to enjoy, with a new custom mesh, cloned from chess. The mesh and textures are all finished, and they work just fine in the game.

Since its a simple game, the animations the Sims do work just fine for this game.

The only one little thing that I would so much like to change is the shape and color of the game pieces the game creates when Sims go to play.

I just need plain little flat game pieces, two colors. Easy to mesh, easy to color, but uuuhmmm....

Can ya do that? I do not want to replace the game pieces for the entire Sims game...just for this little game if possible.

Can I clone them, mesh them up (pun ), give them GUID and all is good, or is there some hidden No-No! waiting to trip me up?

I know if its even possible, I likely must do SOMETHING to get my little game to call up and use my little game pieces and not the chess ones.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:37 AM
I've been thinking, if one is to get such a thing to work, what maybe has to be done is...

-clone the chess pieces
-remesh, retaining any joints, recolor
-package
-give each newly meshed piece its own GUID

Then err...

-go back to my chessboard object's package
-link up the new pieces to the board somewhere in the BHAV's by using the new pieces new GUID's, reversed-paired, in the first 4 operand pair slots of the relevant BHAV's

Then mmm..
-put the new packages in the dowloads folder and test if anything worked...

If any of the above is correct, the question remains, how do I locate the correct BHAV's to work on?

And, have I missed any key things to do.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 2:34 PM
Err... I guess that the Board Game Pieces are Effects, becuse they are the effect of the main object, the Board. So, to edit those effects you should read this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ghlight=effects
But, if you are just a beginner, i advise to just start learning some more tutorials around here, as just ONE little mistake could Crash your game OR your computer. But, if you want to give it a try, go on...

Controll The Way Of A Sim.
Website | Forum | WIKI