Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 6:27 AM
Default Sims 4 to Sim 2 conversion don't work
Hi guys, in four days im learning about convertion for the Sims 2, but have a problem. Even when i do all the steps of this tutorial https://youtu.be/rI3M_eFFJk4?feature=shared i can't make the clothe appear, in fact i'ts invisible.
Can someone help me? i don't know what's is the problem.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MeshAndColor.zip (196.7 KB, 3 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 2:13 PM
Your mesh has parts called "body" and "body2", but the PropertySet has just one subset called "top". This needs to be fixed. These need to have the same subsets (and you also need to make sure to set them up properly).

Also make sure you base the mesh on a top mesh, and if you have morphs, make sure you give the appropriate morph comments to the various items. If you set up a top with the morph comments of a bottom/fullbody outfit, it will get some issues when morphing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 2:54 AM
I try again a new file but i have the same problem i can't see it. where i need to correct this issue? i put the comment correct in milkshape, all the process is like the tutorial, but don't work... it really odd... :/
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  yffopGP04BlouseLace4T.zip (362.4 KB, 3 downloads)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 3:35 AM
Really not wanting to watch a 54 minute tutorial, but skipping ahead, it looks like they cloned an outfit that already had two groups, which would explain why they didn't need to make any changes in the recolor file.

Yours however needs some changes done, because you've cloned it from an outfit that only has one group (and this is something that really should have been in the tutorial, since this often is an essential part of making a conversion, especially since you'll sometimes need to change names or need to add extra parts, depending on the project. Knowing how to change the PropertySet resource is kind of important for a TS3/TS4 project...).

Here's a tutorial on how to quickly change/add groups (not quite the "proper" way, but the easiest. You'll have to make a new recolor for it to "stick".
https://rented-space.tumblr.com/pos...groups-in-simpe
(I keep forgetting where I put that link, and can never find it when I want to find it - I don't know how much time I spent searching for that thing this time. I think I have to put a neon sign on it... )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 3:00 PM
Well now i can see it. Its not invisible, but still is not what i import o_o. what happend now? XDDD i suppose is a problem with linking the Mesh but... is weird XD
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  onemore.zip (239.9 KB, 3 downloads)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 10:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Sep 2023 at 2:39 AM.
It still only has one texture.
First change the "value" for the "override1resourcekeyidx" back to "0x00000002". This one should pick up the Material Definition line from the 3DIR, but currently it's pointing to the wrong line (the UI data) (it counts the first line as 00). Then make a new recolor file using this file. Hopefully it should be working then. You will need to fix the textures on the new file.

The tutorial I linked just shows how to quickly make everything link up right when you make a new recolor from that same file(which you need to do). It is possible to add all the references for the textures and such, but that's quite frankly a big pain in the behind.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 12:18 AM
Victory, thank you so much. That was the problem.
I share the image of the final product
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 2:40 AM