Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:09 PM
Default Is there an upper limit on number of TXMT's a package can have?
I have been trying to make a custom orchard tree, but have been unable to get the package to recognise more than 8 TXMTs. I posted about it in the Workshop, but no one has been able to make any suggestions. Thread here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612231

I suspect there is something in the package telling it a maximum number for the TXMT's, but I haven't been able to find it, or any previous discussion about it in old threads here.

Further update. I deleted a couple of TXMT's that Scenegrapher had previously recognised, then did fix TGI on the unrecognised ones, then did Fix Integrity. Now the previously unrecognised ones showed up just fine, bringing the number back up to the magic 8.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:39 PM
I just took a very quick look at your package and thread. If you're trying to change the textures via bhavs you need to update your Model - Materials text list with all of your textures. Hope that helps - if not I hope someone else will be along shortly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:00 PM
Honeywell, thanks for replying. I haven't got as far as looking at this version in game, I am trying to get the scenegraph to look right in SimPE tools..I did a lot of testing last year though,and it was my invariable experience that if SimPE couldn't see the TXMT it wouldn't work in game.

I have now tried adding a 9th TXMT then updating Model Materials BEFORE doing fix TGI and fix integrity but nope - I am still limited to 8 visible TXMT's on the scenegraph.
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:38 PM
I wish I understood what you're trying to do but I don't - I'm sorry. But there isn't a limit to the number of txmts you can have. If you're using bhavs to change textures than you need to update the Model - Materials list and then the bhavs -- which looks like Sub - Set Materials to me? ... if all of that is in order I don't know what to suggest.

ETA: And on the off chance this is supposed to be designable in game you'd need MMAT for each.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 8:34 AM Last edited by Aysarth : 20th Jun 2018 at 9:58 AM.
I am trying to create a functioning standalone Seasons orchard tree. It needs a huge number of TXMTs, about 24 including lods..

I do understand about the Change Materials command and the Model Materials string, both of those are used in the garden crops and I was able to make functioning versions of those. However, in the scenegraph of the crops packages the TXMTs and TXTRs that are applied via the change materials command are all visible as unconnected orphans at the bottom of the scenegraph. I believe this means that the package "recognises" them as part of itself.

By contrast, in the orchard trees I can see all the orphan TXTRs in the scenegraph, but only four of the orphan TXMTs as I previously described. I will see if I can attach some screenshots later, but I have problems with attachments.
just a girl
#6 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:18 AM
I don't know how the scenegrapher decides what to show, but I don't rely on this information. In fact, I've never used this tool before. When you posted your thread, I tried opening SG with one of my own packages that has around 20 TXMTs. Not all of them showed up, but I know I tested my object in game and it worked fine. Of course, if you see flashy blue textures, this isn't going to make you feel better, but if you haven't tested new version in game, don't get worried too soon.

If it doesn't work, you can try to clone it. I'm not talking about starting fresh with maxis clone (last resort), I mean to open your broken object in object workshop and clone it as stand-alone. It may not make a lot of sense, but I know it helped me when something wasn't working for no apparent reason and I thought the object was hopelessly broken.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:23 PM
Thanks for your advice Lamare. I will try that tomorrow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
Double posting to tag. @Lamare thanks for your help! I believe I now have a functioning package. Now on to meshes and textures.
just a girl
#9 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:36 PM
Good luck