Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#301 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
@Chihara, Oh damn, you're right! I completely forgot what I said about the trading-island and the deal about not following Uranesian ships back Ok, so the port is mainly used by the one Uranesian big ship (it will be a houseboat) that goes to that island to trade. Perhaps in some exceptional ocasion a foreign ship has docked in the port, but in any case that would be an exception. Now, that makes more sense with what I said, thanks for pointing it out

A houseboat? How are you going to make that look Uranesian?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 11th May 2017 at 10:07 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 15th May 2017 at 2:47 AM. Reason: Flag symbol
Lord save me. Gosh Nilxis. I know you hear this every single got-damn time you update, but I am just in utter amazement at the breadth and depth of your talent and the beauty of this world. I don't understand?!? How do you even do this? Just the water planes alone is enough, but all the stairs off lot, and the terrain sculpting, and painting, and now look at that water mechanism shit you got going on. When I think it can't get any better here you come and just dash that shit to pieces across the rocks. And all these brilliant people offering you up ideas?? What a world, what a community.

Quote: Originally posted by Chihara000
So there is no contact/ trading whatsoever? I thought you wanted to let them offer their products and buy some stuff on that (smaller)remote trading-island, because they don’t trade with people on the Uranesia Island, right?
But that also means that the Uranesian are completely self-sufficient?
I completely forgot what I said about the trading-island and the deal about not following Uranesian ships back. Ok, so the port is mainly used by the one Uranesian big ship (it will be a houseboat) that goes to that island to trade. Perhaps in some exceptional ocasion a foreign ship has docked in the port, but in any case that would be an exception.

I am so glad Chihara asked this, and you answered. Because I was going to suggest it should be bigger if it's a trading hub, but since you mentioned it's just a point of transport it makes sense that it's on the smaller side.

I have a question about the port as well, well the part of it that starts at the lake. I see a diving well there. Is this going to become part of a dungeon/ruin system? Obviously it's not a ruin, but it would be so cool if you could explore the catacombs of the locks and water systems deep within Uranesia. Sort of like a water dungeon in Zelda. Agghh that would be so cool! Maybe that's just me?

Also something I have been dying to ask. Are there going to be dive lots? Please please tell me yes? Ouh and mermaids too (though I should ask that in the Uranesian population thread)!

Also also, I have been looking up some natural landscapes for travel ideas and thought maybe some may fit in your world. Since you're almost done with the city, I thought I'd post them. Don't mind the architecture in the buildings so much, I was more looking at cool locations where you can put temples, ruins, and outcasts/hermits. I may be jumping the gun, but maybe you'll see something you like? :D

I wanted to add I was looking at alchemy symbols and I saw something that you may like for the flag

It means fire bird (pheonix) the triangle the bottom is the symbol for fire. But you could interpret is as the bird on the mountain prophecy or bird on fire mountain (ie uranesia is a volcanic island). Obviously you don't have to use it. I just though it looked too cool.
Theorist
#303 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:59 AM
Medieval careers
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ulzzxm

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Looseal : 27th May 2017 at 1:45 PM.
[/QUOTE] Also something I have been dying to ask. Are there going to be dive lots? Please please tell me yes? Ouh and mermaids too (though I should ask that in the Uranesian population thread)![/QUOTE]

I'm just not so sure how I feel about your Mermaids idea? Seems not in keeping with the theme? Just my thought. looseal
Test Subject
#305 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:59 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 27th May 2017 at 5:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Looseal
Quote: Originally posted by Furufuruu
Also something I have been dying to ask. Are there going to be dive lots? Please please tell me yes? Ouh and mermaids too (though I should ask that in the Uranesian population thread)!

I'm just not so sure how I feel about your Mermaids idea? Seems not in keeping with the theme? Just my thought.

@Looseal
I would prefer not to write a message just about mermaids in this thread, but since mermaids are the only thing you addressed from my post, I'll respond here. I hope that's ok.

Have you checked out the population design thread? Over there they're talking about witches, fairies, genies, possibly werewolves, and gods. I'm not particularly crazy about werewolves, but I can see it working if Nilxis writes something in. I mean I'm not crazy about vampires either, but again, I can see Nilxis writing something that makes sense for the world. I personally wouldn't like a lot of them, but if people really wanted them and Nilxis agreed, having one or a few, hey, have at it. In fact, I can think of a story right now.

A religious doctrine that is focused on an old legend about life and death and how both must be respected. This doctrine tells the tale of a family that prays to the god of death to spare their dying child. The god of death grants their request and turns the child into a vampire. The child kills his/her entire family in a fit of bloodlust. The obvious lesson being you can't bargain with death, death comes to everyone. Unbeknownst to Uranesians, these events actually did come to pass and the child actually lives, but alone in the woods/floating island/cave/wherever feeding on the blood of animals to spare anyone else from him/her.

I didn't say the story would be original, or good for that matter lol. Point is, I could see something like that working although I'm not really gung-ho about vampires.

... there will be some sims who will live away from the civilization in different places of the island, for example: an inventor, a healer, a philosopher, etc. Also some of the gods will be represented as supernatural sims.

This is what Nilxis said when he began this thread.

I'm curious, why do you feel mermaids wouldn't fit? Nilxis wants to add gods to population of Uranesia. What would be better for a god/goddess of the sea than to be a merman/mermaid? And maybe have a small clan (3-6) mermaid followers?
Lab Assistant
#306 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:53 PM Last edited by Looseal : 27th May 2017 at 2:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
@Looseal
I would prefer not to write a message just about mermaids in this thread, but since mermaids are the only thing you addressed from my post, I'll respond here. I hope that's ok.

Have you checked out the population design thread? Over there they're talking about witches, fairies, genies, possibly werewolves, and gods. I'm not particularly crazy about werewolves, but I can see it working if Nilxis writes something in. I mean I'm not crazy about vampires either, but again, I can see Nilxis writing something that makes sense for the world. I personally wouldn't like a lot of them, but if people really wanted them and Nilxis agreed, having one or a few, hey, have at it. In fact, I can think of a story right now.

A religious doctrine that is focused on an old legend about life and death and how both must be respected. This doctrine tells the tale of a family that prays to the god of death to spare their dying child. The god of death grants their request and turns the child into a vampire. The child kills his/her entire family in a fit of bloodlust. The obvious lesson being you can't bargain with death, death comes to everyone. Unbeknownst to Uranesians, these events actually did come to pass and the child actually lives, but alone in the woods/floating island/cave/wherever feeding on the blood of animals to spare anyone else from him/her.

I didn't say the story would be original, or good for that matter lol. Point is, I could see something like that working although I'm not really gung-ho about vampires.

This is what Nilxis said when he began this thread.

I'm curious, why do you feel mermaids wouldn't fit? Nilxis wants to add gods to population of Uranesia. What would be better for a god/goddess of the sea than to be a merman/mermaid? And maybe have a small clan (3-6) mermaid followers?

@Furu Furuu I did not know that these other non human entities were being considered. Gods sound like a necessity though. In fairness I agree that if they are having the other types, then no point in isolating the mermaid request. This does change the Uranesia theme play for me and I'm sure I will adapt. will go find other threads on population of Uranesia etc,
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#307 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:22 AM
@GrijzePilion, I'll use the houseboat base with the curved bow, and then I'll make it look like a wooden ship. I've seen some pirate-ship shaped houseboats that don't look too bad

I have a question about the port as well, well the part of it that starts at the lake. I see a diving well there. Is this going to become part of a dungeon/ruin system? Obviously it's not a ruin, but it would be so cool if you could explore the catacombs of the locks and water systems deep within Uranesia. Sort of like a water dungeon in Zelda. Agghh that would be so cool! Maybe that's just me?

@FuruFuruu, The diving well is connected to another one at the sea-level a port, so it is accessible from the city (not for NPCs though). I still haven't built any tombs in the world, I'll build them in existing lots once I've finished them, a tomb like the one you describe would be so cool, so I'll take it into consideration
Yes! There are going to be diving lots, quite a few. It's a very fitting type of lot for a world like this.
And thank you so much for the inspiration pictures! Lots of intestesting things I can try to copy haha

@tizerist, thanks!

About mermaids, I'll do as you say, FuruFuruu, maybe one goddess and some relatives, but no more than one mermaid household. I haven't really thought about the gods yet, so I don't really know.

This is great! I really like it, I might use it when I think about all this.

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#308 Old 31st May 2017 at 3:18 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 31st May 2017 at 3:29 AM.
@Looseal
I did not know that these other non human entities were being considered. Gods sound like a necessity though. In fairness I agree that if they are having the other types, then no point in isolating the mermaid request.

I thought maybe you just had something against mermaids. Which is ok haha. I mean, they are kind of... done to death, like zombies. But I still like 'em though. Anyway, now I see it's just you didn't know.

This does change the Uranesia theme play for me and I'm sure I will adapt. will go find other threads on population of Uranesia etc,

I'm going to tell you something I didn't post here. When Nilxis did that rebuild of the marketplace, I didn't really like it. At all. And the two different color sunrise sunset thing. I didn't really like that either. I thought they should just be green or just red, because it's scientifically impossible for them to be that drastically different. Unless, of course, there was some type of phenomena, like an event where a huge level of gasses are released into the atmosphere due to a massive volcanic eruption or.... Ok. You know what, I'm not even going to start with the science shit, lol because I won't shut up. Point is, it irked me. But you know what, it actually grew on me. It's funny because I really didn't like it at all Looseal (No offense Nilxis, lol, I really like Uranesia). But once I saw everything coming together, it came to fit. I'm not bothered by it anymore, I actually like it. I hope that happens for you too. I think it will. Ok, I'll shut up now lol.

@Nilxis
@FuruFuruu, The diving well is connected to another one at the sea-level a port, so it is accessible from the city (not for NPCs though). I still haven't built any tombs in the world, I'll build them in existing lots once I've finished them, a tomb like the one you describe would be so cool, so I'll take it into consideration

Yes! So glad you'll consider this!

Yes! There are going to be diving lots, quite a few. It's a very fitting type of lot for a world like this.

F**K YEAH! YEEEEEEEEEEEES DIVE LOTS B***H!!!!!

And thank you so much for the inspiration pictures! Lots of intestesting things I can try to copy haha

DIVE LOTS M*****F***ING DIVE LOTS!!!
Shit, my bad.
Still not over that .
No shame in copying places . I know some of the places are crazy hard to replicate but I mean come on. I have no hesitation posting them because your abilities in CAW know no limits. I really do think you could make that crazy cliff house thing. Or a mountain with holes and shit in it if you wanted to. Why the hell not?! Look at all that crazy amazing shit you've made thus far.

About mermaids, I'll do as you say, FuruFuruu, maybe one goddess and some relatives, but no more than one mermaid household. I haven't really thought about the gods yet, so I don't really know.

Happy to hear this .

A religious doctrine that is focused on an old legend about life and death and how both must be respected....
This is great! I really like it, I might use it when I think about all this.

Damn Nilxis, I literally just pulled this out of my ass. I wasn't even trying . I'm happy to hear you like it though. Thank you.

Btw I love the reshade pictures on your blog. Amazing. I don't have reshade but seriously contemplating using it after this. I'm just angry at the m********ker who gets to playtest the world before us. The lucky SOB just doesn't realize how lucky he is *coughs*GrijzePilion*coughs*. I only wish I knew where this person lived *murder face*.
Mad Poster
#309 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:08 PM
Btw I love the reshade pictures on your blog. Amazing. I don't have reshade but seriously contemplating using it after this. I'm just angry at the m********ker who gets to playtest the world before us. The lucky SOB just doesn't realize how lucky he is *coughs*GrijzePilion*coughs*. I only wish I knew where this person lived *murder face*.

I'm warning you, I've always wanted to swing a baseball bat at someone's face.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#310 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:22 PM
And yes, of course, the pictures. I'm not sure which one's my favourite, but I do like this one:

But then again, Uranesia shines at night:

YOU CAN FIND THE REST HERE. More (probably) coming soon.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#311 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm warning you, I've always wanted to swing a baseball bat at someone's face.

@GrijzePilion Whooooooa. Ok Christian Grey. I'll sign the contract and you can beat my ass. So long as I have access to your desktop.
Mad Poster
#312 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 6:48 PM
@GrijzePilion Whooooooa. Ok Christian Grey. I'll sign the contract and you can beat my ass.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

insert signature here
Test Subject
#313 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 11:28 AM
And yes, of course, the pictures. I'm not sure which one's my favourite, but I do like this one:

But then again, Uranesia shines at night:

YOU CAN FIND THE REST HERE. More (probably) coming soon.

You've done an absolutely amazing job screenshotting Uranesia. Stunning!!!! I've downloaded reshade, but just not had guts to add it to my game yet. Was wondering what settings you use as I seriously want to try it now!
Mad Poster
#314 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkm28
You've done an absolutely amazing job screenshotting Uranesia. Stunning!!!! I've downloaded reshade, but just not had guts to add it to my game yet. Was wondering what settings you use as I seriously want to try it now!

Using my own preset...it's been a year in the making. I'll send you a PM when I release it.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:20 PM
Mommy, are we there yet? (Uranesia)
Test Subject
#316 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 1:25 PM
Using my own preset...it's been a year in the making. I'll send you a PM when I release it.

You are a legend! That would be wonderful, thank you!!!
Test Subject
#317 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 5:49 AM
EA is shook #SHECOULDNEVER
Test Subject
#318 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 2:20 AM
Did this world ever get finished?
Mad Poster
#319 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:24 AM
It is still a WIP.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#320 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:24 PM
Hi everyone, Daisylee is right, the world is not finished, I'm still working on it.
I hope I can post new things soon

Mad Poster
#321 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 8:06 AM
Hi everyone, Daisylee is right, the world is not finished, I'm still working on it.

YAY! Cannot wait to see more.
Test Subject
#322 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 6:09 PM

Hello Nilxis, huge fan of your work over the years. I actually took the time to go retrieve my password so I could post a reply here, something I have not done in years.

I love all your worlds (especially the small/micro ones for vacations) they are brilliant and your attention to detail is amazing. I prefer worlds with no roads in fantasy or medieval/ancient history worlds. That's why I'm a chronic lurker here at MTS because the folks here remain dedicated to creating content that actually works for worlds EA never intended to build and I love, which are realistic ancient civilizations. I've got Egyptian builds, and Medieval Europe ones, Asian worlds, Greek Isles and even a couple of futuristic colony builds. Until you started working on Uranesia, Praaven (another amazing creator from here) was my #1 top favorite fantasy world and I've played many many generations in it with carefully balancing mods to help it run well and CC to make it realistic like the rabbit hole rugs, medieval style cash registers, etc. Attention to detail has always been what attracts me most to the brilliant work here by modders who IMO are far more talented than the EA content creators.

But anyways, enough rambling. I'm writing you this letter to say that I've been patiently (and invisibly) following the progress of Uranesia for many months and was a little worried you may have stopped progress on it as your last tumblr/blog post was in May. I'm SO relieved to see you here posting again and that you're still working on Uranesia. It looks like you are so very close to finishing your masterpiece! I love Greek and Roman mythology and while I see many different cultures coming together to form your truly unique world of Uranesia, the architecture and climate seem to beg for a Mythological themed population and I simply cannot wait to create a Dynasty within it! I would seriously pay you money for this world but I know that's not what drives you and your creativity and talent is a gift for a young adult like yourself - I commend you (I'm old and can only build with some middling degree of talent).

I'm sure there are many like me out there, waiting quietly to see your master-work completed and to breathe life into it with our own Sims, stories and legacies. Keep doing what you're doing and be proud of your work, you deserve it.

/Cheers
:lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#323 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 5:48 PM
@Envie, your comment made me blush. Thank you so much for the nice words and for appreciating my work, it's so rewarding to read this. It's always nice to see there's people who like worlds that offer an alternative gaming style.
I might not be able to work on Uranesia during certain periods of time, but I always have the desire to work on it and create new things (believe me that it was very different when I was creating other worlds).
Unfortunately, I'm still not close to finishing it, but I hope from now on it will be faster. I mean, I'm still a very slow builder , but now I will cover bigger areas with fewer details in less time, unlike the city which was a small area with lots of detail, that's why it took so long. So now it will look like I'm faster

I hope you don't get tired of waiting
New things coming up soon!

Mad Poster
#324 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 5:30 AM
Man it would be really cool if you were able to incorporate aminovas's Venice canal pieces into your world, but it's too late now.
Theorist
#325 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:38 PM
I downloaded an Aztec pyramid deco recently. I think it would look good in this hood.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Page 13 of 22