Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2024 at 3:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Textures not appearing properly in TSRW
I'm sorry if there's already a thread for this, I looked but couldn't find one.

I'm very new to making CC. My meshes are pretty basic, and the only other time Ive ever tried to make a CC object I let the game handle textures on its own. Now I'm trying to make a few CC pieces with my own textures because I want a pretty specific look for them. The issue I'm running into is that while in Blender, my textures line up perfectly and look nice and crisp. I export the mesh, convert with Milkshape, open in TSRW and the mesh looks fine, but when I add the multiplier with my texture, and the object mask to get it 3 channel re-colorable nothing lines up anymore and what little bits do line up are super blurry and lose detail. I have tried breaking the mesh down into its 3 base pieces and re texturing the multiplier and again, shows up fine in blender, but once I get it in TSRW it doesn't line up and quality tanks. I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing wrong here and I'm at this point grasping at straws. Tried resizing, rotating, changing colors, nothing works. How on earth do I fix this so I can finally get these pieces in game?

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th May 2024 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThatBlueLoser
I'm sorry if there's already a thread for this, I looked but couldn't find one.

I'm very new to making CC. My meshes are pretty basic, and the only other time Ive ever tried to make a CC object I let the game handle textures on its own. Now I'm trying to make a few CC pieces with my own textures because I want a pretty specific look for them. The issue I'm running into is that while in Blender, my textures line up perfectly and look nice and crisp. I export the mesh, convert with Milkshape, open in TSRW and the mesh looks fine, but when I add the multiplier with my texture, and the object mask to get it 3 channel re-colorable nothing lines up anymore and what little bits do line up are super blurry and lose detail. I have tried breaking the mesh down into its 3 base pieces and re texturing the multiplier and again, shows up fine in blender, but once I get it in TSRW it doesn't line up and quality tanks. I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing wrong here and I'm at this point grasping at straws. Tried resizing, rotating, changing colors, nothing works. How on earth do I fix this so I can finally get these pieces in game?

Image size is most common to blurred textures. The bigger the image, the better the texture looks. 1024 x 1024 may help. Your color mask does not appear to match the project UV? You can also import an rgb mask to Blender, to make sure.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2024 at 7:46 PM
The mask works in blender too, and my gesture files are 2k resolution 2048 x 2048. I even tried 4k texture sizes and had the same problem with blurring.
Inventor
#4 Old 8th May 2024 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThatBlueLoser
The mask works in blender too, and my gesture files are 2k resolution 2048 x 2048. I even tried 4k texture sizes and had the same problem with blurring.

Rarely necessary for textures those sizes in TS3. Easiest thing to do is for you to upload your files, so they can be dug through.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!