Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 1:01 PM
Default Brown textures in game
In CAW these rock textures look exactly as I edited them, but in game they load as that brown empty texture (even if I try to export the world). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong since all the needed textures are included in the file through s3pe. These particular textures are the RockSet_3A textures from Pets and I only changed the "d" and the "dm" texture.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 2:11 PM
It happens, but it can be easily fixed. It happens when CAW tries to find the textures you assigned but can’t. Maybe you moved folders around or renamed them.
What you need to do is to reassign the textures in CAW again. Click on edit and navigate to where the texture is and save it again. Do this for each texture in the list.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
It happens, but it can be easily fixed. It happens when CAW tries to find the textures you assigned but can’t. Maybe you moved folders around or renamed them.
What you need to do is to reassign the textures in CAW again. Click on edit and navigate to where the texture is and save it again. Do this for each texture in the list.

I think you're referring to how to fix missing terrain textures, but this is an object recolor issue... I've changed up the textures using s3pe. It worked on all the other objects I've recolored except these rocks.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 6:53 PM
Oh, you're right, I'm sorry. I don't know much about objects, so if these particular rocks don't cooperate I'm afraid I cannot help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Oh, you're right, I'm sorry. I don't know much about objects, so if these particular rocks don't cooperate I'm afraid I cannot help you.

No problem lol I might have to scrap these rocks and just do something else to make it look like a big meteor
dodgy builder
#6 Old 17th Oct 2019 at 8:22 PM
Just hang around a bit and someone else might post.
Site Helper
#7 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 3:22 AM
This probably won't help if you've already tried with s3pe, but you might try making a new recolor using texture tweaker. If there was another field that needed to be edited for the rocks, that might catch it.

But since you already tried with s3pe, and Texture Tweaker was designed to make the S3PE process easier, I'm not going to guarantee that this will do more than waste 10 minutes. I'm just suggesting that it might be worth trying.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
This probably won't help if you've already tried with s3pe, but you might try making a new recolor using texture tweaker. If there was another field that needed to be edited for the rocks, that might catch it.

But since you already tried with s3pe, and Texture Tweaker was designed to make the S3PE process easier, I'm not going to guarantee that this will do more than waste 10 minutes. I'm just suggesting that it might be worth trying.

I don't think that a recolor through Texture Tweaker would be available in CAW. I'm not using these rocks on a lot but as objects in the world :/ But thanks for the idea! Maybe I'll use TT for something else.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 12:04 PM
It suddenly seems to work lol ... Sims is so weird sometimes
Screenshots