Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8701 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 11:02 PM
Using NRAAS Mastercontroller's CAS Category settings, do female/male eyebrows used on the opposite gender stay on the sim?

Hairs and Clothing seem to be fine, but I've had problems with accessories used on the opposite gender getting automatically replaced leaving CAS (I just wanted to use the ITF smartwatch!)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8702 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 11:09 PM
I think they do, but don't quote me on that. It's annoying that accessories don't. I've also had issues with clothes not staying on.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#8703 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 8:08 PM Last edited by enable_llamas : 14th Jan 2020 at 8:34 PM. Reason: typos
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
The Java Hut in Sims University contains a barista bar you can order coffee. Though I'm curious as to whatever that lot, like with professional bars, only offer exclusive drinks in only that lot assignment? Since many other lots (pool, rebel hangout, possibly arcade and/or a few others) in that world also contain that object.

The drinks and snacks are tied to the bar object, not the lot type so they're all available no matter where it's placed. As for the type of sims and skills it attracts/encourages, I have no idea, I've seen everyone from child to elder pulled to the lot. The Venues.xml has only encouraged traits: "InfluenceRebel,5;InfluenceSocialite,5;InfluenceNerd,2;AvantGarde,5". In my game they'd do just about anything there - do homework, play/chat on their laptops, dance together, socialize, work out to the stereo, read books, busk (bonus points if they whip out a keyboard at the narrowest possible section of the lot).

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Probably just get your sim to do it, and use NRAAS to edit the skill level (low level is tagging, higher levels is full sprays.

You can save the lot to the library and revert to the last save if you care about the time spent doing it, or you can just remove the skill using NRAAS otherwise.

Hm I even have a couple sims with high enough skill, will try it out. They did tend to get arrested a lot when I tried doing community lots, tho. But maybe if the graffiti is at least started/partialy done then DE could work to make it complete. Will have to test.

About the eyebrows - I haven't tried the gender switch but I've had some cc ones that wouldn't stay on with Outerwear and the sim ended up with different ones every time they switched outfits. They're not the most cooperative. If they're cc it would be easier to just enable them for both M & F to be sure.
Mad Poster
#8704 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 4:35 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 15th Jan 2020 at 7:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Hm I even have a couple sims with high enough skill, will try it out. They did tend to get arrested a lot when I tried doing community lots, tho. But maybe if the graffiti is at least started/partialy done then DE could work to make it complete. Will have to test.

About the eyebrows - I haven't tried the gender switch but I've had some cc ones that wouldn't stay on with Outerwear and the sim ended up with different ones every time they switched outfits. They're not the most cooperative. If they're cc it would be easier to just enable them for both M & F to be sure.

I just reset the sim whenever they get arrested, and teleport back to finish the work.

But yeah, eyebrows are a pain, which is annoying because if all eyebrows were unisex, players would have a lot more choice, as with many CAS items. I've already found a few hairs that work really well with the opposite gender.

Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I think they do, but don't quote me on that. It's annoying that accessories don't. I've also had issues with clothes not staying on.

Same here with the outfits, it's sort of annoying when a sim gets their entire wardrobe replaced. What’s the best way to avoid this from happening?
Mad Poster
#8705 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:32 PM
Possible for two maids to be hired? Cause I got them when hiring one for Sorority house (because I couldn't stand roommates slobbing around).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#8706 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 10:18 PM
^If you have a very big house and/or a very big mess sometimes the game sends 2 maids. I don't know if there's a way to hire more than one permanently.

But yeah, eyebrows are a pain, which is annoying because if all eyebrows were unisex, players would have a lot more choice, as with many CAS items. I've already found a few hairs that work really well with the opposite gender.

Hmm I enable the cc ones I get for both M and F so I've never paid attention whether the EA ones are separate... doesn't make much sense, as usual. God forbid you give your guys some girly brows.

The hair swap sometimes does wonders. I disabled my M/F hair filter years ago and it has saved me so much more cc I would've stuffed in otherwise. Takes a long time to load but still better than getting additional 20 hairs or so. M to F usually doesn't work well, with a few lucky exceptions - the scalp pokes through a lot. F to M however does a great job. This short one from IP works great on guys, so does the Uni bun and the big, teased ones from SHT (if you're making an 80's glam rock star or something). With the cc ones maybe like 75% of them look ok.
Mad Poster
#8707 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 4:08 PM
Without using NRAAS Dresser, is there any way of blacklisting individual wardrobe pieces/hair?

Sort of like TS4's 'Disallow for Random' toggle?

I also wonder- does the game have any settings for skin colour and hair colour in townie generation? Or are we forever going to be plagued by endless dark-skinned sims with bright blonde/red hair?
Mad Poster
#8708 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 4:15 PM Last edited by igazor : 17th Jan 2020 at 1:36 AM.
Without using NRAAS Dresser, is there any way of blacklisting individual wardrobe pieces/hair?

http://www.nraas.net/community/Blacklisting
Instructor
#8709 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 8:47 PM
Where the hell are my tables?!

The Coffeehouse thing started a simfest and ate all my outdoor tables - chairs, umbrellas and all I vaguely remember this happening before but have no idea what was the fix. I want my shit back! The stupid question technically would be how to recover them?
Mad Poster
#8710 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 2:37 PM
What causes long exit times?

Curious to know as I'm running two worlds- a small one, and a large one, and the larger world takes longer to exit, even without saving.

Is the game writing caches during that time?

Is it safe to manually kill the program?
Instructor
#8711 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 7:13 PM
What causes long exit times?

Curious to know as I'm running two worlds- a small one, and a large one, and the larger world takes longer to exit, even without saving.

Is the game writing caches during that time?

Is it safe to manually kill the program?

Seems to do the long exit thing when you exit without saving and/or without playing in live mode with the clock running for awhile... Does that pretty much every time I load up Builders Island for a quick 2 min test and quit afterwards. I remember someone had linked it to the game trying to download its bunch of crap into your Featured Items folder when you've made it read only but haven't tested out that theory myself. I always quit to main menu and then to desktop so when it hangs up I kill it with task manager 90% of the time. Wouldn't do it if quitting directly from in game to desktop, tho.

How is it possible there's not a single tutorial or a shred of explanation on making cc counters anywhere? Or I just can't find any? I just want to do the damn textures and every time I fix one, another one immediately gets screwed and I'm this close ( ) to crying.
Mad Poster
#8712 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:26 AM
I always quit to main menu and then to desktop so when it hangs up I kill it with task manager 90% of the time. Wouldn't do it if quitting directly from in game to desktop, tho.

Hmm... why not? Does it cause game issues down the road?
Mad Poster
#8713 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:37 AM
I always force-kill the process. I do with most games, actually, because I'm an impatient shit.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#8714 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:37 PM
OK, so if I get it right, if I don't have Supernaturals then, consequently, I can't "create" vampire sims (I have LN), and even if I download "vampire sims" that are uploaded by other creators, and open them in my CAS, they will look ordinary humans, right? - How do you create a "Patient Zero" in a full-human 'hood if you have only LN, no SN?
Mad Poster
#8715 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:26 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Jan 2020 at 4:50 PM.
Do inactive Sims never stay in their backyards while they're inactive?
With nrass, can college kids have a job while being a student? Seem like the travelled (I assume) cause my Sim to permanent stay there when applying to a job, but luckally I haven't saved.

Forum Resident
#8716 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 4:55 PM
If inactive Sims have something to do in the backyard, the more likely they may want to be there. It can also depend on what's in their inventory and what traits they have such as athletic, loves the outdoors, loves the cold, loves the heat, loves to swim, etc. Sometimes my inactive Sims will ask another household member to play catch or tag, play Gnubb, will sometimes use the grill, go for a swim, relax by the pool on the lounge chairs, etc.

If you are talking about inactive Sims from other households, I would think the same. I've seen my Sims just sitting on the bench to read in the yard, use the juice keg in the yard, talk to a visitor before my active Sim came along in the yard, etc.
Instructor
#8717 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 9:55 PM
Hmm... why not? Does it cause game issues down the road?

Well I wouldn't know when it's done writing the save game for example and just be wary of killing it at the wrong time. Now from main menu on I know for sure it's not doing jack shit so I just feel calmer, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
OK, so if I get it right, if I don't have Supernaturals then, consequently, I can't "create" vampire sims (I have LN), and even if I download "vampire sims" that are uploaded by other creators, and open them in my CAS, they will look ordinary humans, right? - How do you create a "Patient Zero" in a full-human 'hood if you have only LN, no SN?

I think you can click on the "supernatural type" window in CAS and it gives you all the choices you have? At least it does with MC I believe. (And I don't have SN installed either.)
Mad Poster
#8718 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 12:22 AM
Well I wouldn't know when it's done writing the save game for example and just be wary of killing it at the wrong time. Now from main menu on I know for sure it's not doing jack shit so I just feel calmer, lol.

What about doing a 'Save'/'Save As' in the menu, and then when it's done, quit and immediately kill the program?

In that way, you've separated the saving and quitting elements of the game, while not having to wait for the game to load up the main menu.
Instructor
#8719 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 11:51 AM
What about doing a 'Save'/'Save As' in the menu, and then when it's done, quit and immediately kill the program?

In that way, you've separated the saving and quitting elements of the game, while not having to wait for the game to load up the main menu.

Yeah, that sounds like it should be fine. Probably won't blow up :D
Top Secret Researcher
#8720 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Do inactive Sims never stay in their backyards while they're inactive?

I stay a while if there's a sprinkler running.

Or if everybody's doing homework. Teenage Sims can start a homework-a-thon almost anywhere. I wish we could get one going inside the police station, just for payback, because of the curfew thing.
Mad Poster
#8721 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 11:13 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 25th Jan 2020 at 12:46 AM.
Why is quick juice from the fridge more fulfilling than the one from keg stand? Would that be weak juice or strong juice that is non-alcoholic? Why children can drink it? Honestly, the consistency of that euphemism confuses me.
Does teen curfew apply if they're at someone's else house?

Lab Assistant
#8722 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 9:12 AM
Can hidden skills be used as metrics in a custom career? More specifically, the hidden skills for the active Showtime careers. And if they can, will sims unlock the new interactions that came with the active career as they level up in the hidden skill (like selling albums) or are those tied to the active career itself?
Forum Resident
#8723 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Can hidden skills be used as metrics in a custom career?

Yes, see the Sports Career Pack by @MissyHissy:
https://missyhissysjobcentre.wordpr...ts-career-pack/

Both the Iceskating and Rollerskating custom careers boost the hidden Skating skill.

More specifically, the hidden skills for the active Showtime careers.

There is no publicly released custom career that I know of, that use the hidden skills of the active Showtime careers. Now, I assume that custom careers can be built with *any* hidden skill in mind.

And if they can, will sims unlock the new interactions that came with the active career as they level up in the hidden skill (like selling albums) or are those tied to the active career itself?

So the hidden skill behind the Singer career is called "Performance Artist".
I would assume that, from a technical point, when you reach level 6 of the hidden skill "Performance Artist", the game automatically assumes that you have reached the level 6 of the Singer career since this is how things are intended to work, and therefore unlocks for your sim the "sell albums" interaction.

So I take it that, boosting the "Performance Artist" hidden skill in your custom career would grant your sim the same unlocked interactions as in the Singer career. Now, this is theoretical and it'd have to be confirmed in a test save. Things get wild when programming is involved...
Instructor
#8724 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 7:47 PM
I have many stupid questions, again.

1. What could cause very weird routing issues with objects placed on walls on a community lot? The weird part being that the only affected walls seem to be those parallel to the street, the other ones are fine. So far dartboards make the sim trek to the street/edge of the lot and then route fail there. Same happens with trying to make them graffiti the outside of these walls. It's not a not enough space/weird layout issue - it's the bowling from the Uni world with some cosmetic adjustments and all of those things worked fine in the original building. I'm stumped

2. What's the deal with the IP pool bars, can't they go on when the pool is built on a foundation? It lets me place it fine without MOO, I even lowered/leveled the ground beneath the foundation to make sure it wasn't in the way. Sims can sit at the bar from inside the pool but the mixologist keeps route failing right in front of it. There are at least 6 free tiles in front and no leftover social jigs or other junk in the way. I have reset the lot many times and bulldozed/replaced from bin. Still doing it.

3. I have a bunch of cc speed bikes but they apparently need Fast Lane for the animation to work cause now my sim just stands up on the seat like an idiot. Now, I have Fast Lane but absolutely do not want to install a bunch of crap I neither want, use, or like for a single animation. Is there any possible way to extract the animation from it and tie it to the cc bikes somehow? I can install it to get it and then get rid of it again, if it's doable.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8725 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 10:22 PM
I have a different question about the IP pool bar. I noticed the seats of the stools clip the water surface, which creates an ugly Z-fighting effect. And yet they don't in other's people's games, as far as I've seen. How can an object be different in my game when I didn't mod it or change anything about the model?

insert signature here
Page 349 of 385