Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:53 PM
Default Can you change package to sims3pack?
Can you change package to sims3pack?

Some of the patterns I have found have been created as .package. That means that you have to place the file under the sims directory and there is no custom icon on it in the game.

I would like to change these to sims3pack so I can place them under the downloads folder and install them.

Currently the plugin from simsresourse and the one here does not allow importing so I can do this. Is there another way? I also tried to open in photoshop but that doesn't go.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
Not yet, but there are folks working on it.

There's some discussion of that here: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=120.0
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 12:33 AM
i'd like to have sims3pack too instead of package file
did you had any luck in finding any convector?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:29 AM
I wrote a Package to Sims3Pack convertor, but it needs modifying to fully support patterns.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:52 PM
Default ;d
Hey guys, if somebody is doing a program to change .packages to .sims3pack, let us know about the process, I'm waiting a program like that for a long time :\
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 3:36 AM
Me too! Since WA came out I had to remove all my packages files or it was almost impossible to play. But I miss the different hairs and objects!
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:44 AM
omg me too! seriously we need a program!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:28 AM
No, you don't. Just run the Sims 3 Dashboard program and fix all problems and your game should return to normal in no time.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:03 AM
err... Dashboard doesn't work anymore... at least not for me.
It says Dashboard has stopped working...
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
With my game, I KNOW that none of the package. files are corrupt (I checked). My game simply refuses to work if there is any package. file in the mods/packages folder!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:46 PM
There's got to be something wrong with the files you're using or the way you're using them then - package files work fine for everyone else, barring problems with individual files with issues. They didn't write a version of the game just for you that doesn't like packages (the game itself uses packages) so it must be something you're doing wrong.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:18 PM
Default Y.y
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Not yet, but there are folks working on it.

There's some discussion of that here: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=120.0

Site is not found....sadness....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I wrote a Package to Sims3Pack convertor, but it needs modifying to fully support patterns.

Would love to know how you're doing with this? x

Also if anybody else has anything in the pipeline please speak now haha. x
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 4:08 PM
Did anyone find a solution to this?
For some reason my patterns wont show up at all in the sims3 game, none are corrupt, I ran it through the dashboard. Im so confused as everything else shows up in game. I only downloaded houses on my launcher now Im downloading patterns also..and alot of my patterns are in package form. :/

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 12:00 AM
Dusty, I had that problem with patterns and converting them with workshop didn't make a difference, so changing them to sims 3 pack isn't the answer. By converting I mean re doing them in workshop. I'm working with no custom patterns right now and it's driving me nuts. I had patterns from other people and a whole load of my own and it's the same with them all, oh except one which installs as a s3 pack for some odd reason.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:32 PM
We also like to have sims3pack too instead of package file from MTS, and hope for a solution here soon./Best regards xena
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:52 PM
I plan to ask Peter if he can make a tool for this, but in the meantime you can use TSR Workshop, which makes Sims3Packs natively.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:31 PM
Finaly some more ppl that have the same problem as i have. Very frustrating when the game not go up and running when you have the packagefiles in.

I realy miss my patterns.

Delphy i put my trust in you when EA Games put us all out in the cold.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 8:53 AM
Anyting new???? We still need files from Mod The Sims at sims3pack instead of package file.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#20 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:50 PM
Why? Just place them in your Documents/Mods/Packages folder. Easier to install and easier to remove if you need to, they also then won't package with lots like sim3packs do.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:36 PM
We do now have a completed Sims3Pack packer, http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=198.0 but it is not user-friendly, inasmuch as you'd have to know how to manually create and link the xml and image that are always included in a sims3pack

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:38 PM
How can someone say there is not a problem with .packages? It is universally known to cause game lag once you exceed a certain amount. The game was not designed to read 1000+ package files on top of the ones that currently exist, hints why official DL content is released via sims3pack.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:55 PM
The package format is used by the game itself. It is also possible to combine packages together.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#24 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tonicmole
How can someone say there is not a problem with .packages? It is universally known to cause game lag once you exceed a certain amount. The game was not designed to read 1000+ package files on top of the ones that currently exist, hints why official DL content is released via sims3pack.

Combining packages is quite possible in a user friendly fashion with my custom launcher, and it does improve game load speed quite dramatically in some cases. I have no way of measuring lag caused by large numbers of packages, so I don't have numbers for the improvement during game-play.

If anyone is interested, you can find it here

I am also working on a set of tools for working with Sims3Pack files, but those are a few weeks away from being ready to use.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 2:27 PM
Package files doesn't work for me now, but sims3pack works.. So It would be awesome if there is a program..
Page 1 of 2