Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 10:03 PM
Default Genies don't glow
In CAS, they look right; but they look like regular sims in-game. Also, it's just them : vampires glow properly. I've checked my mods, and nothing seems like it would affect that. I've been using Debug Enabler's Visual Override whenever I pass by them, but that only lasts until I shut the game down.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:35 AM
Genies never glow in my game and I don't think they're supposed to glow, are they?

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Genies never glow in my game and I don't think they're supposed to glow, are they?
In a way, yes. They do have their own visual override which makes their skin paler than usual. It is similar in effect to the override that is applied when you use the black/white CAS skin tone that came with Supernatural. Yet, as AsaButler already noted, it doesn't stick. If you apply the Genie override manually with a mod like DebugEnabler (it lists the Genie in particular) it will only remain in place for the duration of the play session.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:21 PM
I don't know if this have related affect on genie (because I haven't found genie in my game), but back then when I have the "no censor" or "no mosaic" in my mods, the water didn't splash when my sim jumped in to the pool or when they splash to each other, bugs are invisible when my child sim look for them (though the icon in the town map where to look is visible), but they are back to normal when I removed the no censor or no mosaic mod. So I never use the no censor or no mosaic anymore and replace it with awesomeconfig mod to remove the censor or mosaic.