Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 5:30 PM Last edited by SimmerMind : 28th Sep 2019 at 5:59 PM.
Default CAW River Objects
I am making a world, and want to place a river there; it should be above the sea level, and flow into the sea through a waterfall.

There are several river objects in CAW which seem to be perfect for what I have intended to do, but I have several questions about them:
1) Are they waterplanes just like Bridgeport lakes and the Twinbrook lake?
2) Since they are above the sea level, will they freeze in winter, like ponds on lots and above-sea-level water bodies placed in SuperCaw do?
3) If I place fish spawners under these fake rivers, will the sims be able to fish in them?
4) If I place a bridge over such a river object, will this cause any routing issues?

If there are some other technical aspects about these rivers I haven't mentioned here, please let me know as well.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 5:57 PM
These river objects are just objects, they don't work like water planes. So no, they won't freeze. I'm not sure about the other stuff as I never used them. My guesses would be that they block sims from routing. Fish spawners *should* work, but if they really block sims that might prevent the spawners to be accessible.

As for the bridge, it should work too, but passage might be blocked for the same reason. Maybe someone else has some experience with it, otherwise just try. You can make a test export anytime.

ETA: they won't respond to the changes you make with weather/lighting files, they will always look the same. But you probably can recolour them. Grandelama made some better versions here: https://grandelama.tumblr.com/post/...for-ts3-updated
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
These river objects are just objects, they don't work like water planes. So no, they won't freeze. I'm not sure about the other stuff as I never used them. My guesses would be that they block sims from routing. Fish spawners *should* work, but if they really block sims that might prevent the spawners to be accessible.

As for the bridge, it should work too, but passage might be blocked for the same reason. Maybe someone else has some experience with it, otherwise just try. You can make a test export anytime.

ETA: they won't respond to the changes you make with weather/lighting files, they will always look the same. But you probably can recolour them. Grandelama made some better versions here: https://grandelama.tumblr.com/post/...for-ts3-updated

Thank you for this informative reply.
I want to keep the CC in this world to the bare minimum, so I'll stick to the in-game rivers, I just need to re-think their position on the map so that I won't need to place bridges over them, and can afford to make the terrain around them unroutable.
The rivers by GrandeLlama do look prettier though.