Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I don't really understand why Fraps is so popular considering you can't even change the image type!

That's why I have a registered version. Anyways, it's the one of a handful of programs (there's Dxtory, Bandicam, I think Steam, and a few others) that can properly pick up screenshots from a fullscreen game.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:41 PM
most recently have been using Gawin.

I hardly ever edit screenshots.

I do have FRAPS, but last times with Sims2 produced completely black pictures; regardless of Sims2 being in window or fullscreen format.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:44 PM
Interesting thread. I use alt + printscreen and transfer the pic to Photoshop.
One thing I've noticed is that sometimes (not always) when I move the pic to Photoshop, it shows the build grid lines. At first, I thought it was because I had them on in the game. But then I checked ... no lines in the game, but they showed up in Photoshop. Any idea why?
Maybe I'll have to download this Fraps things and give that a whirl.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:49 PM
If you take pics in build mode, the grid lines will show. Whenever you can, take pics in live mode (paused, of course).
If I have to take a picture in build mode, I always press "R", because that takes away the lines (but don't move the mouse/marker).

I did the printscreen/photoshop for a short while, but my picture count have increased drastically over time, and doing it that way is both tedious and slow. Better to let a program save the pics and edit later. I'll occasionally edit while the game is running, but try not to, as Photoshop is a rather demanding program to have on the side of the game. My laptop seems to handle it on the memory side, but my stationary has half the memory, so I usually don't have much else running on it than the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:33 PM
It doesn't worry me that I have to save a Fraps picure in another format, needing an editing program. I often edit pics anyway to crop or lighten night time pictures or get rid of the sky that's appearing above an interior shot. Having said all that, I only use Fraps for uploading here or sometimes on my simblr. For my blog I just use the in-game camera.

As for taking pics in build mode just click on the swatch tool. That will get rid of the lines.
Inventor
#31 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 11:05 PM
When I'm in the mood to take pictures, which granted isn't often, I've used the Steam overlay. My computer is too cranky to put up with having both the game and an editing program open at the same time. I have Steam set to save the pics to a folder rather than my player gallery. I use Photoshop Elements to do the editing.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 6:31 AM
Good ol' FRAPs for me, then shrink my images down in GIMP.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you take pics in build mode, the grid lines will show. Whenever you can, take pics in live mode (paused, of course).
If I have to take a picture in build mode, I always press "R", because that takes away the lines (but don't move the mouse/marker).

I do that too, though sometimes I go to options as the grid disappears on there without the fuss of the mouse.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Scholar
#33 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eduseo
Good ol' FRAPs for me, then shrink my images down in GIMP.

I do that too, though sometimes I go to options as the grid disappears on there without the fuss of the mouse.

That's why I settled on Greenshot, since I don't need to transfer the picture to another program. Once I have set it up it's just one button and done. Plus FREE. I love free. :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 6:17 PM
FRAPS/Irfanview as well. I tried Gadwin, but just couldn't get it to work, no matter how I enquired here or how many Help forums I Googled. It seems that there is a set of people who have the same problem and the same difficulty finding a solution.

As for the extra step, it doesn't bother me, either. I can see if someone is constantly taking pictures, but I take pictures in spurts. I can often go months without (intentionally) taking one, or just taking a few at best.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 2:35 AM
I use the PrtSc key on my keyboard. I have the Dropbox desktop client set to "Share Screenshots", so any screenshots I take this way are automatically saved as a PNG file into my Dropbox. This allows me to take multiple screenshots consecutively, without having to worry about pasting the image into an image editing program. I edit my images using Paint.NET. For long term storage, and to avoid filling up my Dropbox space unnecessarily, I save the original screenshots into Google Photos.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 3:24 AM
FRAPS here as well I have the registered version so I automatically save it as a JPG. The only editing I might need to do is cropping and that's only some pictures

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:28 PM
Wouldn't mind using FRAPS, but has anyone tried adding TS2 as a non-Steam game to take in-game screenshots in fullscreen mode? Steam has a built-in screenshot feature that I never knew about :P
Mad Poster
#38 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:59 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jul 2017 at 10:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eduseo

That works, too. Just be aware that some items reset to their default setting when in buy/build/options mode (only there - they're fine in live mode), particularly Seasons-enabled stuff during autumn/winter. I've noticed that happening sometimes, so I prefer taking pics in live mode.

Some effects (shaders?) also disappear.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That works, too. Just be aware that some items reset to their default setting when in buy/build/options mode (only there - they're fine in live mode), particularly Seasons-enabled stuff during autumn/winter. I've noticed that happening sometimes, so I prefer taking pics in live mode.

Fish disappear from the ponds in build/buy mode.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Helptato
#40 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 1:31 AM
I still use Gadwin Printscreen! Works fine for me, I just crop and do some slight image editing in Photoshop after.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Page 2 of 2