Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 11:06 AM
*laughs hysterically*

...one.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:08 PM
*drops head in shame* I don't know. I seriously don't know about Blue Point. I have so many families already and those families had a lot of kids. That doesn't even count the households at the University. *sighs* I'll need to do a full count later.

Sedona has 10 households but at least 4 of those households are about to combine. So, I'll say 7 maybe. As for Fiddleford, my medieval neighborhood, I have 8 but that will turn into 9 households soon as one of my Yeoman teen's is about to move into his own residence.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:55 PM
Honestly I don't really know. But I guess the number will be between 50 and 75 starting in the next rotation. It is Monday in my neighborhood and many students return from college. Some return into their family home but most second or later born sons will found their own household. And of course, I'm starting to build on one of my subhoods which still needs a small nobility and some citizens (allthough some students will move there, I could need some natives)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:15 PM
Out of the 10 hoods I am playing at this time my lowest is 4 and the highest is 40.

2 at 4 families are Shady Shores and Sedona both by the HBG.

And for the more families ones goes from Four Corners (aka Riley's Story) up to my Beginning hoods.

When I get board of one I move on to the next and so on.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#30 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
I made some changes, started my game from scratch (again) and currently have three households in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'm sort of in a hurry myself...I feel like some kinda faker or something, having played this game (off and on) for over a decade and never actually played a single sim from birth to adulthood. I don't even know if I've ever manged to play one to teen! Like, the rest of you all seem so far ahead of me. I wanna actually get into a proper second generation at some point.

Rosawyn, I also feel like a Sims-Faker. But for an opposite reason. I would take a single household and rush through the marriage, child, toddler, teen, adult, senior, die process, then I'd concentrate on another Sim (usually a child of the deceased Sim) and do the same. I played the game like it was a race with the goal to get platinum and then die. :-(

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Scholar
#31 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:41 PM
Only 5 in my medieval 'hood at the moment, though I'm unsure if it'll stay that way for a while. I'm debating between organic growth (new households forming because later-born children move out and start their own families/households) and created growth (creating new sims in CAS or bodyshop to be new serf and lord households).

I'm using a slower aging mod, where 1 sim day = 3 months, so things progress quite calmly.

My largest 'hood was probably around 45 households or so before I started really combining familes and limiting on who could have children.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:20 PM
SIMelissa, that sounds like pretty standard Legacy-style play.

Katya, I think some immigration would logically happen in a medieval community, unless that community was very severely isolated in some way. Maybe you could roll a die to see if any new sims show up and then for if they're serfs or lords and how many and whatnot?
Instructor
#33 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:12 PM
2. Originally I planned to create a 'hood with at least 5 households, but after two I was done with it and started playing. I don't want too much households (about 4 is the maximum, I guess), since then I don't see the continuing of the 'hood, and that's what I love about playing 'hoods instead of families.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:28 AM
About 130. I'm doing a kind of prosperity-ish hood where I started with 12 couples and how over the generations, chance and guidance have made some wealthy beyond usefulness, and some whoring themselves out to make rent each week. I'm on generation 5. I like the diversity. Playing only the rich sims or only the poor ones would get old.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:46 AM
I originally intended to have 4 families by separating the women and men into "boarding houses" first to build friendships: Fine Ladies in Want of a Husband

But they got so attached to each other they didnt want their friends to marry!!!

The funniest part is my most timid sim Lorelei was so attached to her bff Dawn she seduced all the guys that like Dawn so her friend wouldnt marry its nuts!!!

So yeah...I only have one now. As I've put Lorelei and co in the family bin for bad behavior hahaha
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:58 AM
In my current hood, I started with 6. Seven sim years later, it's grown to 32 (pop is around 130 sims). There's a few 5th gen toddlers at play at the moment and still some 2nd gen elders hanging on (they were late-relationship babies). There's a diversity of family types and wealth levels. But as it turned out half of the households stem from two prolific founding families (the elves and the pagan bikers). There was a cross marriage there, and the biker-elf twins from that marriage would up being blood relations with 30-somthing people.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 9:35 AM Last edited by cord11 : 21st Jul 2017 at 9:47 AM.
At this point after losing my old neighbourhoods, just one played household. The Picasos in Belladonna Cove. I plan on getting Samantha Corla (Uh Witch sisters) togeather with Rick(?) Green, especially since they've already hit it off. Day 1 in that house was just horny ACR chaos really.

Edit: They've had a baby already too, who I might have semi named after a friend.

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Scholar
#38 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Katya, I think some immigration would logically happen in a medieval community, unless that community was very severely isolated in some way. Maybe you could roll a die to see if any new sims show up and then for if they're serfs or lords and how many and whatnot?

That is an option, certainly. I did create a small group of sims to be townies, and at the moment the most pressing concern is getting John Bennet a spouse. I'll probably go round and make another lord family for the next rotation and create a teen for him to marry - beyond that I might do the random roll for a new family aspect.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 2:47 PM
So I went back to check. I have 37 households. Now don't ask me about the population... That's a different monster.

It's a delicate balance.
Link Ninja
#40 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 3:45 PM
Off the top of my head - my count is 79 households (across my hood and all sub hoods, including the university hoods) and that includes single-sim households such as ones in their own apartments. It'll be more once my batch of uni students start graduating.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#41 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:19 PM
My new hood started with 10 founders (two are still single). It currently counts 4 households.
There is a house available but I can't decide on who should live there. I guess my single sims (brother and sister) will start a new household soon.
There are no townies at the moment and I don't plan to add new sims yet.

In my previous hood I used to have 40+ households.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Off the top of my head - my count is 79 households (across my hood and all sub hoods, including the university hoods) and that includes single-sim households such as ones in their own apartments. It'll be more once my batch of uni students start graduating.
Oh God! Tell me about it. I'm already building additional houses when my YA sims return. It doesn't help that I sent some townies to Uni too. I actually intend to play them when they return to the neighborhood. No more eternal college students....

It's a delicate balance.
Link Ninja
#43 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Oh God! Tell me about it. I'm already building additional houses when my YA sims return. It doesn't help that I sent some townies to Uni too. I actually intend to play them when they return to the neighborhood. No more eternal college students....

I sent some townies to uni just to see how it went..but then I never played them so they are now forever uni students off over in a dorm in the corner of the university hood. I wish they could have just aged and then went off being non playable uni students like how they were non-playable teens. I have 202 playable sims at the moment so no time for any extra curricular townies I don't have any previous investment in, my hood ages slowly enough as it is.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:49 PM
couldn't you turn them into dormies?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:51 PM
15 households in Circadian Springs, all of them in the main 'hood (which is the only one, as a play a BaCC-ish game and I haven't "unlocked" the subhoods yet).

It was 16 households until yesterday, but I decreased the number through a marriage.
Link Ninja
#46 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:56 PM
Yes, that is a good idea. I did it so long ago before I had simblender or any SimPE power. Thanks for that nugget of advice.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:27 PM
I have a legacy challenge based off the Broke family in one of my neighborhoods. There are currently five houses in rotation. Brandi currently has eight grandchildren and will probably have at least eleven great grandchildren. There are a lot of twins being born.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#48 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:32 PM
My Widespot currently has 18 households. Currently there are 13 households in Widespot itself, a Greek house at Widespot College, a Simlogical prison for women which is supposedly located in Bigg City but is actually tucked away in a corner of the main neighbourhood map because Bigg City doesn't actually physically exist in my game and three households which usually reside in Widespot but are currently on vacation on Twikkii Island.

There are also two "placeholder households", for Widespot School and SimNation Private School. Both consist of a single servo and I run playable schools on each lot. The placeholder households are not played properly as part of my rotation - I just play the school day and then use cheats/mods to set the day/time/season ready for the next day of school. The Widespot School servo doesn't officially exist - he never interacts with school staff or pupils, nobody has met him and he isn't allowed on community lots. The SimNation Private School servo is the principal of the school, so he knows past and present pupils (and is friends with some of them) but isn't allowed on community lots and hasn't met anyone else.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:34 AM
5. I just started Sedona by the HoodBuildingGroup so there are the default 4 plus 1 I made in CAS.
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:03 PM
In my Pleasantview with the subhood I have just short of 40 and have some in university who should graduate and make new households soon. I always try to have sims marry other playable and move in with parents when possible. But I also love having large families and let ACR control amount of kids. So the generation that just started college has over 50 children in it and it's not even close to being done. I expect my household numbers to continue to surge.

I started with just one CAS family and the premades. But I have added in premade college sims in one generation and some sim bin sims. I will probably keep trying to incorporate the rest of the Sim Bin ones eventually.
Page 2 of 2