Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:23 AM Last edited by luchapug : 25th May 2017 at 2:36 AM. Reason: because
Devil Triangle/Bermuta Triangle.
Do you really belive?
Whiether or not you belive post why or why not.
I think this will be a great debate :D
The devil's trinagle is a nick name for the Bermuta Triangle.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:20 AM
Question: Is there another place in the ocean with similar phenomena?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:41 AM
I don't belive so
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Question: Is there another place in the ocean with similar phenomena?

Supposedly, yes actually. The Devil's Sea also known as the Dragon's Triangle, the Formosa Triangle and the "Pacific Bermuda Triangle", is a region of the Pacific around Miyake Island, about 100 km south of Tokyo. The Bermuda Triangle is perhaps more famous? But that might be biased according to one's geographical location.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:11 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th May 2017 at 4:41 AM.
I'm a great believer in everything having a natural (as opposed to a supernatural/paranormal) explanation, the Bermuda Triangle being no exception.

One very likely explanation could be that the area make for bad weather to be extra bad, such as hurricanes, cyclones, thunderstorms and all sorts of weather conditions that could easily take down a boat or aircraft. There's deep sea in the area, and crashed aircrafts and ship wrecks might not be too easy to find, particularly if they don't leave much debris. Also, the Gulf stream runs through the area, and could drag a boat with engine trouble off its course.

The "Dragon's Triangle" area has undersea volcanoes and seismic activity, possibly creating a more dangerous sea to fare through. Undersea methane gas eruptions can also be a problem in the area.

The simplest explanation is of course that there probably aren't that many more incidents in these areas than you'd expect in other places with similar conditions, but because some people are still more likely to take supernatural explanations for granted, the Triangle conspiracy theories have become a thing that for some reason still lives on today. Some people will believe aliens exist among us just because some very artsy people played a nightly joke and made a crop circle in their back garden, and some will believe in ghosts because they refuse to accept that seemingly mysterious things happening around an old house can have a perfectly natural cause if they just dig a little deeper.

I have yet to experience anything supernatural/paranormal that couldn't have a natural explanation. Until I do, I'm going to continue in my belief that there's a natural cause for the seemingly mysterious things that happens.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:29 AM
MSD - Thanks for the information.

I'm with the camp that there is a natural explanation for most things, even though I do believe in the supernatural. To my mind, the supernatural is stuff that we haven't found an explanation for or simply do not understand and haven't been able to "prove". I thought I understood that the triangle areas had something magnetic going on that wrecked havoc on navigation instruments. I wonder if that also affects weather?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2017 at 12:16 PM
Probably just natural compass variations. The magnetic and true north are only exactly the same for a small number of places. No compass anomalies out of what you might expect have been found in the Bermuda Tiangle.

Compasses are finicky things, and having a magnetic source close by can potentially make the compass misbehave. Nowadays there are other ways to navigate than just trusting a magnetic compass, such as via radar, gyro compasses (non-magnetic), electronic charts, GPS, and so forth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:01 PM
Do you belive the sighting stories?
Like the one where a cruse ship saw a German U boat, or the one with a World War One American boat with a whole crew in uniform and one guy"s torso above deck and this legs like where stuck in the deck...........Like a sims glitch. There are more, but these are the two on the top of my head.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:38 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th May 2017 at 3:54 PM.
Where did you find those sighting stories?

Humans are very much known for seeing things that aren't really there. Faces on toast, JC's image in a dog's butt (reference), the Loch Ness Monster on a distance, ghosts in photographs, a furry something that by no means is a shadow or bear, but just might be Bigfoot, and so forth. Most people can't even pick out a robber in a lineup, even if they saw the robber's face, let alone accurately explain what happened.

Humans also have this tendency to change their memory if presented with a different option. One person sees something, another sees something else, but a few weeks later, particularly if they've been given the chance to chat together about what they saw, both people will confirm they saw the same thing (not necessarily what either of them claimed to see the first time). It's called false memories.

There are also people who make things up just so media will create a story about them - and if there's no proof either way, no one can call them on their bluff.

The gap between things that are seemingly supernatural/magic/paranormal, and what has a natural explanation is shrinking fast, and most things already have natural plausible explanations, even if said explanations haven't yet been 100% confirmed. It's a shame there are still a whole lot of gullible people who refuse to look away from supernatural explanations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:38 PM
I can't rember the docamentery name, but everyone on bord supported the report.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2017 at 1:30 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jun 2017 at 10:48 PM.
Maybe it's just collective hallucinations, or perhaps a mirage that leads to people seeing things that aren't there. People have seen whole cities in the desert. Mirages often happen where there's a long and mostly flat horizon (at sea, deserts, long stretches of roads), and certain weather or atmospherical conditions can play tricks with the eyes. One person thinks they see something, and soon after everyone claims to see the same thing. Mirages are actual phenomenons, and can even be photographed. An unexpected object like driftweed or pieces of a wreck turning up in the waves can also help along with the imagination.

If a person with a very overactive imagination sees a mirage, and a bunch of people who don't have a healthy dose of skepticism are in the near vincinity, you've got yourself a good story. Human brains are wired to see faces and bodies, and distinguish siluettes,even if they're not actually there, so all of the above combined can easily turn into an image of a submarine with people on it.

People also tend to see what they want to see. If they do think there's a sea monster in Loch Ness, then that's what the black, indistinguishable shadow in a picture becomes. If they believe in ghosts, they're more likely to see one floating about in a dark, messy attic.

Found this quote while I was looking around:
In 1897, Edmund Parish reported of shipmates who had shared a ghostly vision of their cook who had died a few days earlier. The sailors not only saw the ghost, but distinctly saw him walking on the water with his familiar and recognizable limp. Their ghost turned out to be a "piece of wreck, rocked up and down by the waves" (Parish, 311; cited in Rawcliffe, 115).