Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:47 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 25th Sep 2017 at 10:21 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Glitch killing sims
Hello

I'm having an issue with my game as of just now. So my sim noticed my butler was sleeping on the job which was strange (don't they always have their needs up so that they can do their job all day and not have to eat or sleep?) Anyways, I caught him sleeping and right next to him was a puddle of what i can only presume was pee. Again I thought it was odd, my sim went to him and did the "worry" interaction and so i was just like you know what no big deal Ill just use the sim blender to max his mood up. And so I did and he was just fine continued his job for another 30 sim minutes or so and then boom. He dies. in front of my sim. I had my sim try to fight the grim reaper for his life but she failed. I figured its no big deal I'll just send him to the cemetery. So I sent his remains to the cemetery and when I came back one of my sims friends came to visit her on the lot. They started interacting for a bit then this is where it gets weird. During interaction they both start to "jump" which I know is super bad as its definitely a sign of corruption but it could be other things causing it I'm just not sure since I had never ever had this happen. Also get this, every time I click on her friend, she jumps and her moods plummet! So the more I click, the more her moods drag down. I did it enough to where she could have died. I'm wondering if this is the same situation that happened with the butler. Also I'm nervous if by clicking the Grim Reaper and pleading for the butler's life may have just screwed up my whole game. I did record it and I'm currently uploading the video so you guys can take a look once its up. I'll update the thread accordingly.
Has anyone had this issue before? What could've caused it? I'm so confused....

Here's the video with the glitch:

https://youtu.be/haHoFpYp_3U
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:21 PM
Sounds like you have some sort of mod which doesn't match your game configuration. The jump is just the game throwing an error - it's not necessarily (and not likely in this case) because of game corruption. You probably need to do the 50-50 search to find the file that's causing the jump. Don't worry about the butler, that's not going to cause issues. Though before you do, can you say whether this happens on all lots, or just that one?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 2:47 PM
Jump bug is from a mod not coruption, coruption shows up in other ways.

Put on Boolprop and see what what error comes up.

Do you by chance have Sun&moons old weed flower file? That caused something similar to what you describe. Perhaps you could have downloaded a lot with it or something.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:56 PM
@maxon it's only happened on this one. @joandsarah omg I do have that mod!! Uh oh.....I've been selling those flowers around town. If I take them out my downloads folder Is that gonna cause a problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:24 PM
Found out what was the issue! I didn't have to remove the entire mod. Turns out in that nod collection there's this plant called "deadly nightshade" and just having it on the lot or in your sims inventory will do that to them. Apparently it's a feature, not a glitch then? I'll be sure to stay far away from that plant. Thanks so much for the help guys!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:25 PM
Oh yeah that's right - LOL. Some of those plants are poisons.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:49 PM
Yeah I had that and a witch of mine kept trying to die.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 3:40 AM
It may have been a 'feature', or a bug in that it was more deadly than intended-not sure. I'm glad it was an easy fix.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:26 AM
Yeah I agree I don't think the jump bug is supposed to happen lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 7:55 AM
update: went on another household where they have the same butler employed and he's dead but he's still working. Therefore hes just a ghost working about now. is this normal?

https://youtu.be/10R54E-Hcu4
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:10 AM
Not sure, it could just be a glitch that the game doesn't know that he is dead on that lot. I would try and fire him.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:18 AM
He disappeared soon after not sure when I didn't keep a close eye on him. I went to the graveyard where his grave is and it's there there so that means his character file wouldn't have shredded I think. Problem is he was the butler fr alot of my rich Sims's. Would this cause problems in the long run?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 11:24 AM
You have pescado's no unlink on delete mod I hope? The game will create another butler who you will probably have to hire from the phone again.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jvms20
He disappeared soon after not sure when I didn't keep a close eye on him. I went to the graveyard where his grave is and it's there there so that means his character file wouldn't have shredded I think. Problem is he was the butler fr alot of my rich Sims's. Would this cause problems in the long run?

When I first started playing the game, way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, that would occasionally happen. But, just like you said, the ghost would disappear in a second or two. If the lot was his home, I'd get a message that he died on another lot. If it wasn't were he lived, he would just fade away. My guess is that he was already loaded in your saved game, and this is just Eaxis' way of dealing with the code of a saved game.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:00 AM
Oh okay so then perhaps it is just a glitch and nothing wrong. He just wanted to finish cleaning up the house before he had to go I guess. And yes I do have pescados mod. Thank goodness i do.