Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#226 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 9:17 AM
ok i'll do some other tests...

the picture is token from 3Dsmax i've just imported the simtest.smd file

in milkshape i see it correctly, but on max do that disaster.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 4:12 PM
max3D,
you can change bones size in max in the top menu Characer/bone Tool but the bones(in smd files) created by the MeshTool are not linked (each bone move separately).
So, I would like to know if Miche can correct this problem (as Max Animators can create -and test- animation).
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#228 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skankyboy
max3D,
you can change bones size in max in the top menu Characer/bone Tool but the bones(in smd files) created by the MeshTool are not linked (each bone move separately).
So, I would like to know if Miche can correct this problem (as Max Animators can create -and test- animation).

I`ve been using the skeleton from the meshes that SimPE export in the ascii milkshape files. (if you are using a different program then you can use milkshape to convert the mesh with the skeleton into a smd file) They aren`t perfect but they do for now. Some of the bones are in slightly wrong positions and the rotations on some of the bones (the intial rotation) are wrong, but I`ve allowed for this in the lastest version of the converter which I should be uploading very shortly. (some time tonight, it supports nearly all the bones in the skeleton)
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#229 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 6:19 PM Last edited by Miche : 10th Aug 2005 at 10:52 PM.
I`m closing this thread for now as it`s getting so long and at the moment I`m working on just the smd converter rather than the 3d editor. If you are working on making animations for objects then for now you need to continue to use version 0.1.4 of the editor and if you have any problems please post them in the help thread .

If you are interested in making animations for the sims then I will be posting a new version of the converter shortly in a new thread.

Edit: you can find the new version of the converter here
Locked thread
Page 10 of 10