Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:19 PM
of course you're allowed to use custom hair, clothes and all that, why would you not? Nice sim, fun that you want to try out this challenge

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Advertisement
Space Pony
#27 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Enirei : 27th Oct 2011 at 3:42 AM.
I know exactly what to do to my non-heirs. Abandon them at the neighbor's house. Merge households is good for that.

Got a sim named Chloe Greene with Irish Green hair and orange eyes. She's had 8 kids so far and no heirs. Some close calls but no heirs. Been moving the kids out to their fathers' houses and changing their last names to match so the only Greene will be the heir.
Instructor
#28 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:03 AM
This is Rebecca Hemming (she married a Matthew Hemming clone in Twinbrook)
All I know is she dislikes children, wasn't paying too much attention to the other traits, she's yet to have an heir
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 3:19 PM
Oh, that's funny, my heir married Matthew too! They actually had pretty cute kids together overall....
Space Pony
#30 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:28 PM
Well Chloe had 11 children and 7 pregnancies before her 8th pregnancy which produced her heir. She was in mid-mature adulthood. Nina has a twin brother named Uaithne who was born with his mother's eyes and a strange hair color. It looked platinum blond except the highlights were the same shade of orange that Chloe's was.

Since it was such a nice surprise, Chloe kept both and Uaithne will start his own "perfect" clan alongside his sister. If I continue this for a few generations, then I plan on merging them for one generation (create two heirs, one for each clan) and then they'll split off into their own clans to come back again later. You can have second cousins married and reproduce without any hacks.

Right now the twins are children, Chloe's about to age into an elder and is a skill point away from completing her LTW of being a one sim band.
Screenshots
Instructor
#31 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 6:26 AM
BAM! First kid and she's got both hair and eyes... But I decided to have another 2 just to see if I can get any more for the fun of it
Screenshots
Space Pony
#32 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teal_moonshine
BAM! First kid and she's got both hair and eyes... But I decided to have another 2 just to see if I can get any more for the fun of it

Lucky! It took me 13 kids to get just one heir.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 4:54 PM
LOL, okay, I may have hit the lottery here but I'm guessing I can't really take advantage of this.

When I created my founder, I left her in the sim bin because I thought I might want to use her again someday. Well..I have Twallan's story progression mod, and one of the features is that it randomly creates new immigrants based on the genetics of the sims in the sim bin. I've been making a bunch of sims that I thought looked nice to help with the genes and putting them in the bin to help that, and I thought it'd be funny if someone got the purple hair and red eyes of my founder,b ut I doubted it would actually happen.

...Well, a new couple just moved in aaaaand the husband's got purple hair (although violet eyes instead of the clan's red eyes). He's also flirty, so it's pretty easy for my heir to flirt with him.

I'm guessing the answer to this is probably "yes", particularly considering that a mod made this happen, but would it count as cheating if my heir tried for a baby with him?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 7:50 PM
I myself am a frequent user of Twallan's mods and as long as the only bin sim having the genes is your founder that's okay. Go flirt him up

Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
I myself am a frequent user of Twallan's mods and as long as the only bin sim having the genes is your founder that's okay. Go flirt him up

Heck yes! =DDD Thank you! They are totally getting married.
Space Pony
#36 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Enirei : 29th Oct 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Well my two sims Uaithne and Rina got lucky this time around. It only took two pregnancies to get a heir for each of them with a total of 3 kids a piece (gotta love twins). Uaithne ended up marrying one of River McIrish's daughters while Rina got it on with a Crumplebottom boy. Uaithne has a daughter named Aigneis and Rina's son is named Ace. Unfortunately Chloe died of old age before either of them were born.

To spice things up a bit, every time Uaithne and the missus woohoo it's a risky (love the Woohooer). I hope the other McIrish siblings like kids because that's where I dumping all non-heirs (might keep one if they've got heir potential).

Love the story progression mod myself (celebrities irritate me in SV and RV). I can't remember what immigrant settings I have so perhaps the irish green hair will pop up somewhere else.

Update: The heirs are nearly related to everyone it feels like Curse you Chloe for taking so many tries to produce a heir. Last count Chloe had 20+ grandkids and 2 great-grandkids including the heirs. And I found one male classmate for Aigneis. Of course Uaithne's wife keeps on wanting kids so I'd figure I'd humor her and they've had 10 including the heir.

2nd Update: Ace and Aigneis are both young adults and working on producing heirs themselves. Ace married Marcie Bachelor-Landgraab (only daughter of Malcolm and Bella). Aigneis is woohooing with a townie named Bob Randall. Aigneis has already had 6 kids looking for her heir, Ace and his wife Marcie have only had two so far (she just recently matured to a young adult).

Aigneis' mother, Britta (nee McIrish), saw the pattern that was occurring. Between missing her other children she had to give up and feeling distant from Uaithne (he's been playing for tips way too often) she decided enough was enough and to break things off with him. She took back her maiden name and moved out. Now whether her nephrew's wife Marcie will figure out the same thing later is up in the air.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#37 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 3:22 AM Last edited by Enirei : 31st Oct 2011 at 5:09 AM.
Ace and Aigneis finally had their heirs: Jaylee and Noirin respectfully. Bit annoyed that they're both girls since I wanted to breed them together this generation but meh, I got my heirs.

Stats:
Ace had 4 children, Jaylee having a twin named Moses that didn't make the cut.
Aigneis had 6 children, Noirin's twin sister Quinn was close but no cigar.
Both Uaithne and Rina are both alive and kicking though elders. Rina's been having a wish to get married so I'll let her get married then kick out the husband once she dies.

Uaithne's ex-wife Britta had triplets soon after she moved out from a last risky woohoo they had the night before she broke things off. So she gets to raise some more of her children by Uaithne. Another interesting tidbit is her current boyfriend, Lynn McGraw, is the son of Chloe's fifth child Blerta.

I swear, because of Chloe screwing just about every eligible male in Sunset Valley, I can click through my family tree and find relations to nearly every family either through blood or marriage. Least I'm far enough down the line now that Noirin and Jaylee won't have as much trouble as Aigneis with finding eligible males to be genetic donors.

Second picture is some snapshots I took of Chloe's ghost snuggling her great-granddaughter Noirin. Just found it cute.

Also some interesting stats concerning genes (taken from the genetic xml file):
mutateHair: 20%
grandparentsHair: 50%
mutateEye: 10%
grandparentEye: 50%

I want to say the mutate genes take up their portion of the 100% and the grandparents take up the 50% of the reminding 80/90% but I could be wrong. So those that get a heir within the first try or two, you are lucky!

Update: Jaylee meet her first cousin once remove (her father's first cousin) Loren Andrews and he has Chloe's hair And they're far enough apart on the family tree for them to be romantically involved with one another. And I also mapped out all the descendants of my founder and made a pdf. Attached it in the zip if anyone wants to look at it. It's still a work in progress.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  GreeneFamily.zip (26.7 KB, 161 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#38 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:16 AM
It seems I'm VERY lucky. First born had perfect genetics, so I thought what the hey, I'll have some more. Twins and they BOTH have perfect genetics too...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 9:17 AM
I have added a recommendation about a funny combination with this challenge and another one. Read below or in the end of the first post:

Perfect Genetics-Midnight Sun Challenge
This combination of my two Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun has grown popular in the Swedish sims community.
In that combination challenge you just follow the rules of both challenges, except for the MSC 5 generations rule, since PG is 10 generations. It's very funny and I do recommend it if you're looking for a really hard but fun challenge!

Space Pony
#40 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 4:00 PM
I have added a recommendation about a funny combination with this challenge and another one. Read below or in the end of the first post:

Thought about it but don't have WA.
Test Subject
#41 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 5:32 PM
How do we combine these 2 challenges, If the other one restricts sims to travel only 3times/sim? What if we need more tries to get the genes?
And If I remember right, in the Midnight Sun Challenge, don't we have to have the brave and loner trait as well?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 9:25 AM
you get married to a foreigner then invite them over when you get home and ask them to move in.
brave, loner, dislikes children and 2 random traits.

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 11:09 AM
I just started my legacy funny!! one question though.................if you finally have the heir, are you allowed to pick the dislike children trait at some point??? Is that the exception you can make?? Or perhaps are you allowed to randomize them until you get that trait?? Or do you have to get lucky to get the heir randomly rolled that trait.....if not, its not an heir??
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:52 PM
@Enirei you have quite the family there!!! very well done!! though i lost track trying to read your family tree and your thing with al those family members in town, i think i will try to getting my sim pregnant with the same sim every time lol so thanks for the sort of advice hahaha
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:58 PM
Klevkin: When you finally have the heir, you are allowed to choose the Dislikes Children trait for them after one of their birthdays.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:10 PM
cool that does make it easier hahaha, i tend to think to hard at times lol

thanks for the fast response as well i'm working on some screenies right now so i can also create updates here
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:40 PM
Kay my first update i create a female with the name Carla Cryin (i'm not that original with names :S) and she just got pregnant and engaged with Tom Wordy

I am trying to add in something diff as well, getting every heir to have a diff lifetime wish, so i am keeping track of those as well
Screenshots
Space Pony
#48 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klevkin
@Enirei you have quite the family there!!! very well done!! though i lost track trying to read your family tree and your thing with al those family members in town, i think i will try to getting my sim pregnant with the same sim every time lol so thanks for the sort of advice hahaha

Yes the tree can get confusing. Especially now that there are second cousins and the game stopped putting the relation romantic limit on them. So in a number of cases children are being born between first cousins once removed (ie one is Chloe's grandchild, the other is Chloe's great-grandchild).

Chloe's descendants (least in the heir lines) have been usually one man(or woman) sims. Though my latest one Jaylee is having trouble producing an heir (almost ma) while Noirin had her heir on the first try when she was a teen. I might have her get together with Noirin's son and up the chances of her having a kid with the orange eyes.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:32 PM
well if you take in account the genetic percentages you showed, it should get easier along the line to get the heir, since they inherit from their grand parents lets cross fingers on jaylee getting an heir quickly then!! Which mod are you using to let them have kids in their teens??

My family is bugged i tried to marry her, cause the bloke she was engaged with is rich, but everytime i tried to get her into that household, the game would take forever to load the new situation.............now i married them, but he went in with her.......so no money extra sadly (well hardly any :*( and that was the purpose on marrying her lol).
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 9:18 AM
my founder has green streaked hair, white eyes and green skintone
she had two baby girls so far, her first child had both hair and eyes
the second had the green skin but brown hair and eyes
I think I'll try until I get the skintone too XD

Page 2 of 46