Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:26 PM
Default Skin details on top of custom skins
Hi, here's my issue: I created some moles for a certain sim in my game and when I try to use them with some custom skins that I downloaded, they just replace the respective skins. Is there something I can do so that I can use my moles with the custom skins that I downloaded? Please, can someone help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NurikoMJ
Hi, here's my issue: I created some moles for a certain sim in my game and when I try to use them with some custom skins that I downloaded, they just replace the respective skins. Is there something I can do so that I can use my moles with the custom skins that I downloaded? Please, can someone help me?

Sorry for the late reply! If you are using Skin Overlays or Skin Masks, the issue is probably that the skin details you made are for the "outfit type" as the Skins you've downloaded. This can easily be fixed by opening up Sims4Studio and opening the package files of the skins you've downloaded. Go to the "Categories" tab and click on the "Outfit Type" drop down menu. Set it to a Skin Details slot that is not used by the moles you made. Save your package and it should work once you open up in The Sims 4. I recommend removing the skins from your sims that use them before doing this to prevent any problems. Re-apply when you're done.
I hope this helped! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:13 PM
Another possibility is that the moles you made don't have a transparent background that allows the skin to show through.

A screen grab showing the problem would be helpful.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4