Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
How will the appliers be notified about the outcome of the application? Is there a further "application process" like some tests or something?

If it's like last time, you will be asked to come and chat to us and then there will be a sort of training session. But PH will let you know whatever she decides to do.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:16 PM
Yes, sorry I missed your question, @lientebollemeis . As maxon said, we'll start discussing all of the applicants once applications slow down a bit, and from there we'll form a shortlist of candidates to do a little chat session with so we can get to know them better. After the chat sessions we make the final decision. I'll post in this thread whenever we choose to close applications, and again after we draw up the shortlist. Everyone who's moved on to the next "round" (the chats) will get a PM. At that point I will post in this thread saying that our candidates have been chosen, and that anyone who hasn't gotten a PM has unfortunately not been accepted this time around.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:23 PM Last edited by CiaraSkinny : 14th Jul 2017 at 3:08 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors, Decided to include cupcake incident
Default Application for Moderator Position
1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?: I have played all of The Sim games 1-4, as of right now i spend the most time playing The Sims 2 and 4. I have more hours in these games than I care to admit and I have also played The Sims Castaway, and The Sims Medieval.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?: I'm currently self teaching to make mods for The Sims 4, but I have never put anything out to the public.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites?: No.

4. Would you be willing to commit to the time as indicated above, on MTS?: Hell yeah.

5. What time zone are you located in? What time of day typically works best for you to be online?: Pacific Time Zone, I can be online any time of day. working at night is best, but i'm usually available all day.

6. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.: My name is Ciara, I am working my way towards a degree in Education. I'm 20 years old and I have played the Sims my entire life. I am from Washington and have years of experience working with children as part of my education program requirements, and because of this I have gained the skills necessary to work as part of a team. I am also bi-lingual in English and Spanish, English is my first language.

I should say in this application however, soon I will be looking for a part-time job and will need to work around future job hours, but I would not have any other obligations other than a few hours at a job for a while.

About a week ago I actually almost died choking on a cupcake, I know i'm supposed to include the word, but I really did choke. I truly hope that made someone laugh, because I didn't.

The Sims is more than just a game for me, and it's brought me out of some bad things in my life, so I can assure you If I make the cut and have the chance to be a part of the team, that it is a job that will be handled with the most care and attention to what needs to be done! Thank you for your consideration.

-Ciara S.
:lovestruc
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#29 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Chaavik : 18th Jul 2017 at 3:57 PM. Reason: Cupcakes
Default Application For Upload Moderator
1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?

I played all of the Sims series starting with Sims 1. I continue to play Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 with the latter being my most current game to play. I also played the Stories series: Castaway, Pet and Life.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?

Yes. I made mods for Sims 2-4. I am still figuring out how to make facial hair available for women in Sims 4.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites?

Yes. I am still staff at Insimentators.org, checking up on the forums and Squinge's forums. I helped Squinge (before he vanished into that vast Internet world) with his mods and handled questions across the board there.

4. Would you be willing to commit to the time as indicated above, on MTS?

Yes! I come here everyday to browse a variety of stuff for Sims 2 and 4. I usually spend about an hour on a downloading binge or just surfing the crooks and nannies of the site for things I haven't seen or thought of yet.

5. What time zone are you located in? What time of day typically works best for you to be online?

Central Standard Time Zone (CST-US). I am on after 9 for a bit.

6. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

I enjoy movies, books and exercise. My most recent movie watching binge was the 5-movie series called Underworld. My next movie-watching binge will be the Resident Evil series. I also enjoy surfing 3 of my favorite comics sites to catch up on my daily dose of funny strips. As for books, I am currently reading a historical book on the Romanov family around the time they were murdered and when the Soviet Union came to be. I am a closet history buff.

I have been a member here since 2006 and remember a number of interesting uploads that left an impression on me how different people approach the Sims games with different ideas, some more controversial than others.

Now, I have a question for you all.. Which flavor is your most favorite for your cupcakes? Mine doesn't matter which flavor they are. It's CUPCAKES! By the way, MTS, you're missing the cupcake emoticon. We need one!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:52 PM
Application letter
Hi, I'm Littledica and I'm willing to apply to be a moderator for the uploads. I have been a member on MTS for a while now, since the 11th of August 2014, and it has been a blast! The website is very handy for Custom Content seekers for offering good quality uploads and for beginner creators, like I was a while ago, to learn the basics to create quality mods!
I have been studying English since I was a kid. I have achieved a quite good rating in both my PET and FCE exams, both around 80/85 points. I have a quite wide vocabulary and I know most of the techy and modding words.
My writing skills are good, I have been practicing for years now and I think I feel ready to partner with other moderators from the website, I have been collaborating in teamwork environments quite often and I'm willing to work together.
I have been a creator for quite a while now, I know almost each category from the creator guidelines. The attention to detail is essential while I am working on my creations and also when I am seeking for content! I am able to find any little detail that looks a bit off and also give help from my experience on possible ways to fix the issue! In the most friendly way of course.
I am able to dedicate the time indicated and even more to moderate the uploads, so that is not a problem for me.

1. What sims games have you played? What sims game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?

I have played every Sims games for PC, from The Sims 1 to The Sims 4 with no exceptions. I currently play the most The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. I also play a little bit of The Sims 2, I like to create worlds with the Neighborhood creating tools.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you have not uploaded any) if so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?

I have been creating custom content exclusively for Sims games for quite a while now. I create content that I upload here on MTS for The Sims 4, but also content for FreeSO (Free Simulator Online), the reboot of The Sims Online made by a great developers team! (beta.freeso.org). I mostly create objects, but I gave some attempts to Make Up (The Sims 4 and 3), Clothing (The Sims 4) and poses (Also The Sims 4).

No, I am not a staff member of any other sims site.
Absolutely, I will be spending the 15-45 minutes or even more to moderate the objects uploaded.

5. What time zone are you located in? What time of day typically works best for you to be online?

Time zone: (UTC +2 CEST Central European Summer Time) Example city: Rome. My best time to be online goes from 14:00/18:00 to 23:00/01:00.

6. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

There is not much to say about me, I am a quite average teenager. I am 18 years old and I live in Italy, I love studying English (it is actually my favorite language!) and I adore creating custom content. I am quite skilled with blender and 3D modeling in general and still learning texturing. I am about to start my last year of high school and I am pretty excited to go to University to finally study what I love doing. I would love to be part of this community cause I have always felt that Mod The Sims is a very nice and warm zone, even more after joining the Discord Server, full with willing to help people, always friendly and super kind with me.

Hope you guys will consider me as possible moderator!
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Galaxy Simmer : 18th Jul 2017 at 6:44 PM.
Application for Moderator Position

1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?
I have played Sims 4, Sims 2 and Sims Freeplay and Sims Medevial (On my phone) What I play the most right now is Sims 4 and Sims 2 I balance those out I have never got a chance to play Sims 3 except on the Xbox 360 which I know isn't as good as On PC.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?
I have never made CC i tried or the Sims 4 but failed but I have some personal recolors in my game from furniture to CAS items.

I am not I have never seen any websites like MTS that actually hire fans and people that can give their time so everyone Sims game can be better.

Yes, I would love to as i stated in question 6 I use this site to find all my mods so I can help someone tweak a mod or tell them any problems.

Im located in the Eastern time zone on a regular weekened im willing to be on the site between 2-4 o'clock but im about to start back school on the 7th of next month so on week days I'll be available between 4-6 o'clock

Hi my name is Treonna, I have been using MTS for a long time for Sims 2 and 4. I haven't had this account until now but I've been using This website for years and testing and playing around with the mods other creative and devoted Sims players have made. Every time someone ask me where i get my mods from i say here because this has all I need. Hope this helped you and I'm hoping I get chose to work with other Modertors that would be amazing. (I LOVE CUPCAKES)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:25 PM Last edited by jwofles : 19th Jul 2017 at 2:59 PM.
I play all ts2, ts3 and ts4, but mostly ts3 and ts4.

I make CAS cc for sims 4 (there's some on my mts and some on my tumblr). But I want to make cc for sims 3 in the future.

Nope.

Yes, I have a lot of free time in the evenings etc.

I'm from the UK so right now the timezone is BST (gmt+1), and then in winter it's gmt. The best time of day for me is the afternoon-evening (from 4pm to 7pm usually), and maybe at night on weekends+friday (after 7pm etc).

I've been a long time lurker+downloader on MTS, and I truly respect what goes on behind the scenes- to keep the standards of downloads high on the site. I didn't really know about the whole queue process until I submitted some cc a couple months ago. Anyway, I'd love to help out because I love helping other creators get their stuff working and out there.
I also think my experience in cc-making (mostly CAS stuff) would be able to help me improve the quality of their cc if it's not up to the quality required. For instance, if somebody submitted a custom cupcake object, but it had very blurry plain textures, I'd advise them to change/improve the texture because the quality of their content is at my best interest.
I'd be able to help on sims 4 the most because I've had experience submitting cc to the Sims 4 section and I know how textures/meshes etc work (as I've made my own cc).
While I haven't had a lot of experience in the MTS forums, I'd love to hang out there more. I've spent a lot of time on other forums, so I'm very familiar with writing threads and posts etc.
Lastly, since I'm from the UK, my English is pretty good, and this means that I can convey what I want to say easily and in a way that makes sense. I also think I'm pretty patient, which means I can handle people who are unhappy/confused or somebody who has pretty poor English.

So yeah, I've respected MTS for a while now for being one of the long-standing sims modding sites that really focus on quality cc and helping creators, and I'd love to have the opportunity to really help the site and the new creators who upload here
TestingCheats On!
#33 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:26 PM
1. What Sim games have you played? What do Sim game(s) you currently spend the most time playing?
I started playing sims back when sims 1 came out, and I have been a faithful follower ever since. Sims 2, 3, and 4 are currently installed on my computer At the moment, I play Sims 4 most (Mostly because it doesn't take 25 minutes to open the game like sims 3 does.).

I do create Custom Content for the Sims 4. I've dabbled in Sims 3 as well. I mostly do recolors, but I am trying to learn how to mesh for objects and clothing.

I am not on staff at any other site at this time.

I am on MTS for at least that amount of time almost every day, so yes, absolutely, I'd be willing to commit to that.

I am located in Massachusetts USA which I am pretty sure is GMT -5. I am usually online in the evenings. (6-8 pm my time)

I am a late-20's simmer, with an obsessive personality (especially regarding Broadway and Musical Theatre). I am quite the perfectionist, and many nights I sit at the computer and fine-tune whatever project I'm working on far more than it needs to be. I love to watch Food Network; Chopped, Cupcake Wars, and Cake Wars are my favorite shows. I work a 9-5 office job, and love it (most of the time!) I am a Leo and I enjoy long walks on the beach :P

I would truly adore the opportunity to be involved even more with this website, and I congratulate (in advance) whoever gets chosen!
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:40 PM Last edited by cowplant-simmer : 17th Jul 2017 at 8:58 PM.
My Application (Cowplant-Simmer)

1. What Sim games have you played? What do Sim game(s) you currently spend the most time playing?

Currently, I play the sims 4 the most. In the past, I played all the previous sims games that I still play now and then when I’m in the mood for it.

Until the sims 4, I haven’t created custom content. Then I figure out that making your own content for the sims could be so much fun. I have created mostly items for in Create a Sim but I’m also working on objects(the sims 3 and the sims 4). I also make custom content for the sims online reboot (FreeSO) If you want to see some objects I made for that game you always can message me.

Presently I’m not staff at any sims site and never been a staff member of a sims site.

Committing to MTS would be easy for me, since I love MTS and how they work the staff team help me so much when I just started to make sims cc. I learned a lot from them So, I would love to be a part of the team

A day for me starts at 8 am (CEST UTC +2) and ends at 11pm/1am (CEST UTC +2) and I’m mostly online in the evening for checking custom content, but you could always send me questions or ask for help on discord.

Kicking off with my name which is Collin, I’m an 18-year-old male. I love sims as long as I can remember and always played it. I’m always polite to people that I don’t know well. I always try to help people that are having a problem and do why best to help them as good as I can.

Expecting that you read it this far means that you have read my whole Application, you can now read the hidden message by reading all the first letters of every paragraph (the questions excluded and including this one) which is cupcake
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:44 AM
All of them. But I have devoted the most time to Sims 3 and 4.

I've made a few clothing sets for Sims 3 but not much came of it.

No

Yes. I already spend an hour or so on the site everyday, might as well do something useful lol

Eastern standard time. Anywhere from 2-6pm.

As my username suggests, my name is Sarah. I'm a huge nerd. I went to school to be a computer programmer and game designer but failed a vital class so now I'm doing cosmetology. You could say I'm very proficient with cupcakes.......computers. I'm also an amateur writer and have some short stories and fanfiction posted in the dark recesses of the internet. It'd be an honor to be chosen but I understand there are many applicants.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 6:54 PM
Alrighty, thanks everyone for your great responses! I'm going to be closing applications on Thursday, July 20th at 1:00 am GMT. If anyone is on the fence about applying, make sure you sneak in before the deadline! After Thursday we'll begin to review the applications and talk amongst the staff about who we'd like to ask back for a chat. Once we make the decision I'll send out PMs to everyone who's moving forward, and post again in this thread saying that if you didn't get a PM, unfortunately we've had to pass on your application this time around. If anyone has any last minute questions about the process, now's the time to ask.

simblr
Instructor
#37 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 7:12 PM
I'll try this again now I'm back within the community again. I'm more active on the sister site than here. If I was selected I would dedicate more time here as well as there.
Have a lot of technical knowledge and good knowledge of making cc and the Sims games. Also been a member here since early 2006......

All 4 games, most of the time I play and create for Sims 4. I transferred my old Sims 2 legacy game and recreated the characters for Sims 4.

I do make custom content, mostly for Sims 2 and Sims 4. Still having issues getting my Sims 3 game fixed.
I do conversions but I can make and edit most things. Hair/Objects/Clothing/Shoes - Limited knowledge on making mods and poses. The thing I guess I'm best at is alpha meshes, shoes and morphs for the Sims 2.

No

Yes

GMT. As I have a full time job, evenings and weekends are free.

Not a lot to tell, I do have a liking for chocolate cupcakes. Used to make them too years ago.
Instructor
#38 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 2:00 AM
-Besides The Sims i have played every single Sims game, including the spin offs that are available on the PC. Currently i spend most of my time on The Sims 3.

-I do make custom content mostly for personal use but occasionally i do upload Custom Content. I make for TS2 TS3 and TS4, also i create for Skyrim but i have never shared anything for Skyrim. I am all over the place when it comes to creating from mods to objcets.

-Sadly no.

-Being only in school that gives me a lot of free time. Usually i spend around 30 minuets on MTS everyday. So yes i can commit my time MTS.

-Central European Time. For me the best time to be online is in the evening around 8PM.

-My name is Alek and i am from a small country in Europe. My hobbies include books, TV shows, playing video games and writing. I love attention and hanging out with huge group of friends. If i was a sim my traits would be Social Butterfly, Bookworm, Supernatural Fan, Daredevil and Dislikes Children. And my Life Time Wish would be Distinguished Director.I love veggie burgers and cupcakes and strong cocktails. Did i mention i love cupcakes.... i think i did mention that i love cupcakes my favorite is The Red Velvet Cupcake or The Salted Caramel Cupcake..... ugh i can't decide which cupcake i like the best

I need a cigarette
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:48 PM
Okay, that's a wrap! Thanks everyone. The discussion process, I'm guessing, should take a couple of weeks. I'll keep you all posted as things progress!

simblr
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 10:31 PM
OK guys, here it goes. Here is a little background on me, I am a sixteen year old Sim "aficionado" that is addicted to playing Sims 2, 3, as well as 4. My all time favourite is Sims 3. Next is Sims 2. Then Sims 4. Sims 4 used to be my go-to game but it kind of bores me. I don't think it has enough things to do in it. Okay, anyway i'm getting off topic. So I live in Zionsville, Indiana and have grown up my whole life around sims. I actually have paintings of sim related things from when I was a child that my mom painted for me. lol. I have also been on Mod The Sims since July 2014 I think. My grandparents are from England so I speak English very well (of course). I took many Spanish (standard Spanish) classes when I was young so I am pretty fluent, for the most part. I have also been taking French for 4 years in school. a Sorry in advance for my long application and thank you all for looking it over!! (and yes I do like Cupcakes) !!!

My answers ~

1. I have played Sims 2 through 4 for many many years now. I have attempted to play Sims 1 but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I currently am playing Sims 2 and 3. I am bored with Sims 4 for right now and I will definitely pick it back up soon, as I tend to do a lot.

2. I have made a few custom content items but I have never uploaded them. Only for the Sims 3. I made a nicer remake of the Sloppy Jalopy, I took a nice hairstyle with a weird jewel in it and took the jewel out. I have also made a sliding glass door for my Sims! I regularly make new houses and Sims. Actually I make about 10 houses and 5 Sims per month. I have never uploaded any and some I don't even save to my lot bin!

3. I am not a staff member of any other sites but I am a member of The Sims Forums (for about 6 years) and I have a gold membership for The Sims Resource. I am looking forward to be a staff member and help out my fellow simmers!

4. I would be willing to commit the time needed for MTS as I mostly spend more than that each day on it LOL!

5. I am located in Zionsville, Indiana and in the Eastern Time Zone. I am typically online everyday as I do online schooling 6 hours a day.

6. Everything about me was at the top of the page!

Thank you for reading over my application and I cannot wait to help out this community! and some cupcakes !!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 10:34 PM
Aw man I think I was too late
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 4:13 AM
Hellloooo
It has honestly taken me a few days to try to word this right.
Hello, nice to reply to you. My name is Kasey, i'm 18 so falling on the younger side, every since I've added my first mod to The Sims 4 I've been hooked, and my game will never be the same. I'm honestly still trying to find my place and how i fit into the world in general. I've been trying to get into make mods myself, but i have a crappy laptop. I always have a good chunk of time to give and i would love to learn more and expand my abilities while providing insights to what i think could be AMAZING mods.

I play the Sims 3, Sims 4. Thinking about getting MySims, and a few other random games in the style and charm of Prison Architect. Most of my time for gaming as of now is being used by The Sims 3, I love how open that version was, but with toddlers now being in The Sims 4, I find myself hunting down toddler cc/mods and getting slowly addicted to The Sims 4 again.

I am not a staff for any other sims sites.

I have so much time on my hands just begging to be used up.

I am located in Michigan so that would be EST.

Oh, no it's the Tell Us About you part, I'll try my best but DISCLAIMER: I'm not that exciting.
I spend an UNGODLY amount of time watching Youtube videos..
I look at everyone who has all this raw talent and am amazed that it's even possible. ex: Necrodog and the Toddler Pool, Trampoline he made. AMAZING!
I visit this website wayy to much, with The Sims Resource following behind.

I would love the opportunity to get to go behind the scenes and
learn about what makes MTS tick while making it better.

Thank you for allowing new people in and thank you for reading!

-Kasaboop
Mad Poster
#43 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:44 PM
I've played all of them extensively. TS3 is my most played by far, and my definite favourite, but I've also put plenty of time into the others (particularly TS4).

Yeah. Mostly CAS content for TS3, but also CAS content for TS4 and other types of CC entirely.

A very inactive Sims subreddit with about 150 subscribers, so no, not really.

Absolutely. I'd be happy to have something to do.

GMT +1. I'm online 24/7, except late at night, in the morning, and in the afternoon on some weekdays.

I'm very passionate about The Sims. I want to make The Sims more fun for myself and others. I'm definitely a gamer, but I also dabble in graphic design and making music. I enjoy helping people. I work in retail, so I happen to know a thing or two about them. I've been on here for five years, and I've been particularly active in the last 3. Helping out is always something I enjoy doing, it's kind of up my alley.

So yeah, let me know. This is just my kind of cupcake...I mean thing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 3:21 PM
Another big, final thanks to everyone who applied! There were some very tough choices, but I have PM'd all the applicants who are being asked to the next round now. If you have not received a PM, unfortunately we are not able to invite your forward at this time.

simblr
Instructor
#45 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:34 AM
Well done to those who got through - That's twice now so I won't be trying again.
Page 2 of 2